Hey everyone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 13 in The Clubhouse
Just reintroducing myself as I noticed my acct from 10 years ago is banned? Not sure how or why,,inactivity. Getting ready to redo my theater room to be 11.2, new furniture and paint. Can't wait to use it again. Very satisfied with the Polk product.

Here is what I have
Room 23x13
3 tiers of seating
Front RT55i
Front Presence RC85i
Center CS400i
Sides fx500i
Rear rt55i
Rear presence rc65i
Receiver Yamaha 3020
Dayton 2 channel amp for RP
inuke 6000dsp for soon to be 2 um18 subs
Sub PSW1200 - for sale
Oppo 205 coming soon
110" screen
Epson projector2c3lfcb4y0jt.jpg
zu89gkajwu28.jpg

Comments

• hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 4,816
    Nice!

Welcome.

I'll start spending your money....get a bigger screen. B)
    2 Channel
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold Cartridge
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH
    Preamplifier - Dared SL-2000A
    Amplifier - Krell KAV-250a
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,381
    What was your previous user name?

Great looking setup by the way
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 760
    edited September 13
    What was your previous user name?
    Id think before answering that.
    VERY NICE SPACE! B)
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,511
    A bunch of old names were "banned" in the forum upgrade. I forget why, seems like something got botched to me but whatever. They weren't really banned, though. It was just how inactive accounts got handled.

If you want your old account back, send a PM to @KennethSwauger and he can get you straightened out.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 13
    biggest concern is that I would have to move my components for a larger screen.

• PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,531
    Very nice setup. Thanks for sharing.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,461
    Looks great, welcome back.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• Thanks guys for the compliments. Will look much better gen complete. Now to get rid of the psw1200 or use it as a 3rd sub.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,434
    Nice room J. I have one small suggestion - get some absorption panels to put on the wall next to the RT55's. This should help with extending the soundstage to the left/right even more and with the tonal balance of the speakers.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • DSkip wrote: »
    Nice room J. I have one small suggestion - get some absorption panels to put on the wall next to the RT55's. This should help with extending the soundstage to the left/right even more and with the tonal balance of the speakers.

That is on my list of things to add along with bass traps after I finish painting.

• The back wall, is that an actual black or charcoal?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,328
    Mo bigger center....way mo bigger...
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,821
    The back wall, is that an actual black or charcoal?

you know that danged black paint's hard to source.
    Probably pastel black.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• mrbiron wrote: »

Such as?

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,381
    Micro analytics of the photo shows the color to be a deep charcoal, but not a true black... the search continues.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • Micro analytics of the photo shows the color to be a deep charcoal, but not a true black... the search continues.
    Its flat black
    jmeitz13 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »

Such as?

Altec A2

bbwozv86jvcl.png

869rtnue3gpr.png

Nice "tone", too.
    Plus, they were meant to speak through a movie screen. Poifect for a projector system!

:)
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Not yankin' the OP's chain per se -- your setup is beautiful.

I am just being a smart aleck in general terms.

• Np, the cs400i is plenty loud, but you can always go bigger. CS1000 if can be found.
  • The important question I'd like answered is: what are the show times ?
    And do you offer a Senior Citizen Discount on tickets ?

Very nice.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,740
    Nice Setup, and welcome back to the vanilla nuthouse
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • scottyboy76scottyboy76 Posts: 2,933
    The back wall, is that an actual black or charcoal?

just black paint
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,413
    Very nice set up!

Welcome back.

Ignore the "black paint" comments. They have to do with a dead horse that has really been beaten beyond recognition -- or some such extreme! :)
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • Ok, spoke with wife and she said I could upgrade speakers if needed. Out of the ones I listed which should I upgrade?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 285
    jmeitz13 wrote: »
    Ok, spoke with wife and she said I could upgrade speakers if needed. Out of the ones I listed which should I upgrade?

The right front speaker and the left rear speaker. You're welcome. :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,612
    edited September 19
    Honestly, I don't think searching for a cs1000 is worth it, when you can get something like a Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer (the original version with speaker line level inputs and outputs) for $200 or less shipped on eBay. Run the cs400i through the dynamo (it has a built-in 70hz high pass) and you have a killer full range center channel. I have done this with a lesser sub and it was awesome. On killer bass scenes like in the Dark Knight that sub would pound!

I personally really like that series of speakers. I would probably just upgrade subs and call it a day. But if you are going to upgrade, go with the mains. This would be my choice out of current polks: https://slickdeals.net/f/10492764-open-box-polk-lsi-bundle-pair-m705-floorstanding-midnight-mahogany-m704-center-midnight-mahogany-1150-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

And awesome room man, I am jealous!
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think searching for a cs1000 is worth it, when you can get something like a Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer (the original version with speaker line level inputs and outputs) for $200 or less shipped on eBay. Run the cs400i through the dynamo (it has a built-in 70hz high pass) and you have a killer full range center channel. I have done this with a lesser sub and it was awesome. On killer bass scenes like in the Dark Knight that sub would pound!

I personally really like that series of speakers. I would probably just upgrade subs and call it a day. But if you are going to upgrade, go with the mains. This would be my choice out of current polks: https://slickdeals.net/f/10492764-open-box-polk-lsi-bundle-pair-m705-floorstanding-midnight-mahogany-m704-center-midnight-mahogany-1150-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

And awesome room man, I am jealous!

Thank you. Will take a look. My biggest issue is that towards the 3rd row my guest say they cannot hear the center as well. Plus trying to decide if I want to do atmos or just keep what I have with front and rear presence speakers.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,532
    Check out crutchfield they had them marked way down as well.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 21,818
    Get a cs400i for above the screen
    Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro