Polk HDMI ARC - Plug out and in before starts working

philipjmurph
philipjmurph Posts: 4
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
With my Polk MagniFi Mini I need to plug the HDMI cable out and then back into the Polk before the TV displays "HDMI2/ARC now available". I have firmware version 20 (displayed in Google Home App). The TV is an LG (http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49SJ800V). I have the sound set to Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) with Digital Sound Out set to AUTO and SIMPLELINK (HDMI-CEC) set to ON (with Auto Power Sync set to ON). When I switch off the TV the soundbar switches off, so that part is working well via HDMI ARC. I can control the sound with my Sky Q remote at this point as well. When I switch on my Sky Q box the TV switches on automatically, but the soundbar doesn't. If I switch on my TV the soundbar doesn't switch on either, however, the soundbar does switch off when the TV is switched off. Would love to find some work-around to fix this.

cubpcf69q1ny.jpg

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. If you use the Polk remote does everything work correctly?
    Regards, Ken
  • Hi Ken,

Yes, all works well with the Polk remote. The LG TV remote works as well (Polk volume changes and LG gives visual response) . Only the Sky Q remote doesn't work until I plug the HDMI out and back in (I guess because it is reliant on the HDMI ARC working). BTW, when I press the Sky Q remote volume up and down I can see the LG TV respond visually, however, the Polk doesn't change (unless I plug the HDMI out and back into the back of the Polk mini).

Thanks

Philip

• Hi Philip,
    Sometimes certain multi-function remotes transmit several variations of the same control at the same time. It could be this that's causing the problem. I'll send this thread to some folks at Polk.
    Cheers, Ken
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks for that, yes the problem could be multifold: the Sky Q remote, and separately the HDMI ARC handshake between the LG TV and the Polk device.

Regards,

Philip
  • Hi Philip.
    Your thread has been forwarded to the "mini" team at Polk, if they have any answers I'll forward them.
    Cheers, Ken
  • guyrab
    guyrab Posts: 6
    I just got my polk mini Magnifi, audio quality is great, everything works via the optical connection, google cast, bluetooth. I cannot get my ARC HDMI to work (and this is how I need the polk to work through). as i said everything works via the optical (so handshake with my LG SJ850 SUPER UHD TV works via optical). but I cannot get my ARC to work... the ARC does work with other devices so the TV is not the problem.

I tried disconnecting and connecting a million times doesn't help. i got it to work after 50 times for 20 minutes via ARC, but that's that. any ideas?

I read there is also the matter of FW. how do i upgrade the firmware on the polk? I just attached it via the ethernet cable to my network.... maybe this is going to solve something..... any help will be appreciated.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 1
    I have my Polk Magnifi mini three weeks, after a few days I got it connected.
    The HDMI arc is working, bluetooth is working, casting audio is working. But everey day I need to power Off and On the TV and Polk before I get sound, otherwise the sound will come out of the TV. Even when I select the Polk on the TV (Samsung UE48J5500) it is not working. I have firmware 33. I also noticed that trying to configure the bass it is not responding.
    What can I do best??