Formula 1

13»

Comments

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited April 2017

FTGV, you see how Alonso moved out of the way of the race leaders, that's being professional. Bottas can go fast, but needs to know how to win.
    I missed the race but saw some highlights.Alonso being the elder statesman It doesn't surprise me.I have seen several examples of sportsmanship from him the last several years.
    I think once he gets a little more settled in the team Bottas will be competitive. I really would like to see him challenging his team mate.
    Looks like there was a fair bit of over taking in the race which is good.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Bottas gets his first F1 win!
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Happy for him, happy the Ferraris sort of put up a fight...disappointed that races are won/lost in the pits and the start for the most part anymore.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • FTGV
    edited April 2017
    Bottas gets his first F1 win!
    Good for him glad to see him take a win after his rough start to the season. He better not win too many though or Lewis will start to get catty.

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Happy for him, happy the Ferraris sort of put up a fight...disappointed that races are won/lost in the pits and the start for the most part anymore.

I totally agree, the tracks can't support more than one racing line, overtaking is almost a lost skill.

Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Wow - bad day for Ferrari at Singapore...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt wrote: »
    Wow - bad day for Ferrari at Singapore...

Got dat rite!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Unbelievable!!!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Just finished watching Indy at Simona. Remember when F1 cars were the trickiest thing on wheels? The way it's going Indy will be the pennacle of what's possible and F1 is going to be like open wheel IROC cars with everyone in identical sleds with different colors and sponsors to tell them apart. And the Indy commentators talking to drivers during the race is kind of neat I guess. I'd love to hear Kimi tell Steve Matchet to "F-off and leave him alone, he knows what he's doing!" As for Alanso, I think his agent already has a finalized contract for an Indy deal sitting on his desk waiting on a signature. For some reason I don't think a new McLaren sporting a halo and Renault engine is in his future. With Bernie losing most of his dictatorship I was hoping things would get better and let the best engineers build the best cars but from what I've read it's getting even more cookie cutter cars in the future and the ridiculous grid spot penalties for keeping a car on the track.
  • I had a feeling something would happen with Max next to Vettle on the grid. There is bad blood between both Ferrari drivers and Max. Hamilton ran off to a easy win
  • Slapaho wrote: »
    Just finished watching Indy at Simona. Remember when F1 cars were the trickiest thing on wheels? The way it's going Indy will be the pennacle of what's possible and F1 is going to be like open wheel IROC cars with everyone in identical sleds with different colors and sponsors to tell them apart. And the Indy commentators talking to drivers during the race is kind of neat I guess. I'd love to hear Kimi tell Steve Matchet to "F-off and leave him alone, he knows what he's doing!" As for Alanso, I think his agent already has a finalized contract for an Indy deal sitting on his desk waiting on a signature. For some reason I don't think a new McLaren sporting a halo and Renault engine is in his future. With Bernie losing most of his dictatorship I was hoping things would get better and let the best engineers build the best cars but from what I've read it's getting even more cookie cutter cars in the future and the ridiculous grid spot penalties for keeping a car on the track.

Most racing groups are going that way, to keep the playing field fair. F1 will never fall below Indy, its mass following in Europe is too strong, Its right below soccer. I was a big Indy fan before the split back in the late 80's, now the only big event that catches everyone attention is the Indy 500. I can see F1 recruiting more American drivers to help gain more of the racing pie from Indy and NASCAR. Did you see Jeff Gordon in the Mercedes pits? I also can see each racing group taking brakes to allow drivers to participate in other events. How nice would it be to see Vettle, Hamilton, Kyle Bush and others all racing at the next Indy 500 or see them all at Daytona or Monaco.
  • FTGV
    After the pile up the result was highly predictable so I switch the channel to Eskimo bowling. I was curious to see how high Alonso could finish with the black and orange bus.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Just finished watching Indy at Simona. Remember when F1 cars were the trickiest thing on wheels? The way it's going Indy will be the pennacle of what's possible and F1 is going to be like open wheel IROC cars with everyone in identical sleds with different colors and sponsors to tell them apart. And the Indy commentators talking to drivers during the race is kind of neat I guess. I'd love to hear Kimi tell Steve Matchet to "F-off and leave him alone, he knows what he's doing!" As for Alanso, I think his agent already has a finalized contract for an Indy deal sitting on his desk waiting on a signature. For some reason I don't think a new McLaren sporting a halo and Renault engine is in his future. With Bernie losing most of his dictatorship I was hoping things would get better and let the best engineers build the best cars but from what I've read it's getting even more cookie cutter cars in the future and the ridiculous grid spot penalties for keeping a car on the track.

You couldn't be any further off the mark.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Vettle makes yet another bone headed move. Too bad he had to take out so many others.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Vettle makes yet another bone headed move. Too bad he had to take out so many others.

No doubt. Swinging so far over and as quickly as he did it was pretty dumb for sure. Seeing the McLaren in a WRC hop and not breaking the wheels off was pretty impressive though.
    Heard later last night about Indy going to everyone's cars next year having to be the same body/aero kit. What's next, identical engines? Cookie cutter suspension design? VMAX limiters? The whole 'level playing field' is a crock. The teams with the best people should be able to win like in other sports. Imagine the NFL making a rule that limits the size and strength of lineman or the NBA with a max player height limit. The stick and ball fan's wouldn't tolerate it and neither should Indy and F1 fans.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Slapaho wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Heard later last night about Indy going to everyone's cars next year having to be the same body/aero kit. What's next, identical engines?
    Nope. They are going to have only ONE person drive EVERY car in the race. HAHAHAHAHA
  • Slapaho wrote: »

Most racing groups are going that way, to keep the playing field fair. F1 will never fall below Indy, its mass following in Europe is too strong, Its right below soccer. I was a big Indy fan before the split back in the late 80's, now the only big event that catches everyone attention is the Indy 500. I can see F1 recruiting more American drivers to help gain more of the racing pie from Indy and NASCAR. Did you see Jeff Gordon in the Mercedes pits? I also can see each racing group taking brakes to allow drivers to participate in other events. How nice would it be to see Vettle, Hamilton, Kyle Bush and others all racing at the next Indy 500 or see them all at Daytona or Monaco.

I'm not so sure very many of the NASCAR drivers have the IQ to drive an F1 or Indy car. Too many buttons and knobs on the steering wheel.
  • ZLTFUL
    Not to mention that whole having to turn left *AND* right thing...

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Not to mention that whole having to turn left *AND* right thing...

And getting on the brake pedal 400 yards too soon not being used to a car with brakes that actually work. Or getting their left foot up to the steering wheel to push the clutch button in.
  • LOL, good one's, Back in the 70's early 80's NASCAR would come west and do Riverside,and Sonoma where they had to learn to make right turns and use brakes. They even had a allstar series that had matching Camero's that included racers from different platforms.
  • F1nut
    I went to Watkins Glen to watch a Nascar race. Great place to watch a race as you can walk around the entire track getting different views and get damn close to the action. At the back downhill turn I could have reached out to touch the cars. Anyway, I enjoyed the race even though the cars appeared somewhat awkward due to their size and weight. All in all, way better than being in the stands watching them go round n round.

President of Club Polk

• I was thinking about Watkins Glen earlier and how you can see the stand out drivers that can spot the apexes in either direction turns. Dude my son works for wants so bad to be an open track guy and says WG is a blast to drive even though he's a mid-packer at best no matter how much he spends. He's kicked death in the marbles three times I know of and I've got mad respect for him and what he's achieved. Just can't see him being an SCCA or other champion he wants to be.
  • ZLTFUL
    My biggest problem with NASCAR (besides the majority of races being snoozefests I mean) is the weight of the cars.

I have ridden Road America after the (at the time) Nationwide Series cars had been on the track and the braking zones into turns 1, 5, 8 and Canada Corner (12) were turned into washboards. Fine if you have 4 wheels but braking from 170+ on a motorcycle on that **** is nerve-wracking stuff.