Signa S1 Sound Problems

jeffydoe
jeffydoe Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
I have two problems: First, almost every time I change channels on my DirecTV box, the sound of the Signa S1 turns off and I have to turn it off and then back on. Second, when I turn on Netflix from my smart TV, the Polk Audio remote will not work- it only pauses and plays the Netflix. It will not control the soundbar. HELP!!

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. With those kinds of symptoms it would be best to contact Polk CS at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1.
    Regards, Ken
  • Hey Jeff did you ever get this fixed? I have a Polk Signa S1 soundbar and I want to program my Direct TV remote to control it.... can't seem to figure it out... help?
  • Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. In general terms it's best to use your TV's remote rather than the Direct TV remote to program the soundbar. The reason is that the satellite dish remote sends multiple language commands and can result in a conflict with the bar's commands. The TV remote, on the other hand, should send just one set of instructions, better for the bar. Once the TV's remote has been programmed into the Polk it will respond to commands from the satellite dish remote. But for learning the the TV remote is best.
    Regards, Ken