Need a New Series Recommendation

Options
I just finished Madmen some time aago and have concluded this was one of the great TV series. More recently I finished "Ozark" which started very promising but some shaky plot/story line twists left me saying 'meh'. Still looking for a way to see the new Twin Peaks series off of Showtime. Sooo Polksters....any recommended Amazon Prime or Netflix series recommendations? One final thought on a movie I recently saw in the theaters.....It. I can sum this one up in three words....money- making trash. Feel free to discuss and thanks!

Comments

• motorhead43026
    Options
    Madmen was epic, as was the finale. None better other than Mash.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    House of Cards is outstanding.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    Blacklist is on Netflix now.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    The Fall. Netflix
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    On Amazon Prime: Bosch, Goliath, Man in the High Castle, Hand of God, Justified.

I suggest browsing as they also have older long running series they did not produce like HBO's Wired and many others.

Too much good stuff to watch these days! And in most cases better quality story telling than movies in the theater.
  • westmassguy
    Options
    Outcast
    American Gods
    Preacher
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Mr. Robot
    Mr. Mercedes
    Wayward Pines
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Some of these I haven't even heard of....I'll make a list and pick one soon!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    On Amazon Prime: Bosch, Goliath, Man in the High Castle, Hand of God, Justified.

I suggest browsing as they also have older long running series they did not produce like HBO's Wired and many others.

Too much good stuff to watch these days! And in most cases better quality story telling than movies in the theater.

I agree on the bad movies....movie making used to be an art form....now it's just another money making entity of mega corporations
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'll throw Shameless onto the above lists....I believe it's on Netflix now.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    +1 for Justified - perfect balance of humor, serious, and action. Great characters that you love/hate depending on where you are in the series.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    The Last Kingdom is interesting. I haven't seen season 2 yet.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    +1 for Bosch - highly underrated!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre