Being for the benefit of any obsessive-compulsive fans of vinyl :)

Options
This link was turned up by one of the New England vinylista and posted Somewhere Else.
I am taking the liberty of sharing it here. 

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~yosh/standards_table.htm

You're welcome

;)

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. I understand things much better now and will use this data to make certain each of my LP's meet the criteria before I play them again. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. I understand things much better now and will use this data to make certain each of my LP's meet the criteria before I play them again. :p

You need to buy and have a selection of stylus to suit your vinyl
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    I take mine out rub it on an old clean cloth diaper, and put it in the tray. Hit the play button :p
    No need to worry about grooves i let the laser find them

Boy reading the link hurt my head o:)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I gave up on reading it since it didn't have a lot of colorful pictures in it.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'm glad to see that the IEC98 standard, set back in 1958, for the diameter of the concentric finishing groove for 45 rpm records was set, and still stands, at 98.4mm .

I thought it had been changed to 98.6mm. I guess it's now safe for me to dig the 45's out of the box in the garage and give them some safe play time.

Sal Palooza
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    I think that someone just finished the class on how to insert a table into the body of your text.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    This fellow's disc was certified by the IOC to be within these oh so important standards.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ^^^^and the metric conversion was done in the title so Rick doesn't have to google it :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a