CUE file for oppo playlist ??s

I have an oppo 103d and a 203 and have a usb external HD on each with all the music files in FLAC format. The files are individual files not entire CD images. Oppo tech support says I need to create a CUE file for a playlist and am looking for input on whether this will work when the files are located in subfolders with the artist/album/track arrangement. It took 3 emails to get that much info out of oppo. I will continue to try to ask them also.
Main System

Marantz AV8802A PrePro
Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
Oppo 203 Bluray
Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
Bose 151 ceiling surrounds
Polk PSW 650 sub
5TB usb media storage disk
Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K

Office System
Mcintosh MX132 processor
Oppo 103D Bluray
Polk SDA-SRS 2
Parasound HCA-1500A
2TB usb media storage disk

Polk CS400i center channel -in storage

Comments

• DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,939
    I have an external HDD connect to my 205 as well. To create playlists I connect the HDD to my computer & use Foobar2000(it's free) to build playlists. The playlist is saved as a .m3u file in the root folder of the HDD. The Oppo recognizes this format just fine.
  • I'll try that. I would guess the 203 will work and hopefully the 103 will too.
    Main System

Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    5TB usb media storage disk
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K

Office System
    Mcintosh MX132 processor
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    2TB usb media storage disk

Polk CS400i center channel -in storage
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,356
    COOL. I always wondered how to create a playlist on the oppo.
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • woodcutterwoodcutter Posts: 1
    I’m trying to create a m3u playlist using Foobar on a Samsung USB drive. Playlist is created and in the root directory of the drive. My OPPO 203 cannot find any playlist. It sees all my flac files fine but no playlist. Are you guys using m3u files on the OPPO? If so what am I doing wrong?
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,992
    Interesting topic. I have only downloaded some .Flac and some MP4 files to a USB thumb Drive and played them on my Oppo 203. I didn't try playlists but now I'd like to figure out how.
    Anyone figure that out yet? I'll have to find some time this week to give that a run.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Easy RunninEasy Runnin Posts: 402
    I can't figure it out either. Im trying to put several files on a usb drive along with some playlists. My 203 doesn't see the M3U playlists I created with Media Monkey. I've tried editing the path information in the M3U using Notepad but the Oppo can never identify any playlists on the USB drive.

If I create an M3U with Media Monkey on my PC the Oppo has no problem finding, accessing and playing that playlist.

If I create a playlist from the songs on the USB drive using the Oppo, the Oppo sees and plays the playlist. But if I then move the USB drive to my PC and search for the playlist I created on the Oppo, the PC can't identify that playlist.

I'm not sure what a CUE is. Maybe that's my problem. What is and how do you create a Cue?

HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,881
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 1,971
    I have all of my High definition music on my 3 Terabyte network back up hard drive (*connected to my router via Ethernet *) I’ve never had to do any of that??? It all shows up on my Oppos menu. I’ve had the BDP-83, then the 93, then the 103. Now I have a UDP-205. Same with all of them.
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • sbb2112sbb2112 Posts: 64
    Had some more files to put on the usb drive directly attached to the 203 and thought I'd try to play with this some more as it didn't work when I initially was trying. I installed foobar2000 on laptop, moved the usb HD to the laptop and created the playlist in the root folder and also put a copy in the parent folder for all the albums. I have the HD folders as root/music/artist/albums/songs. Neither of the .m3u files are recognized by the oppo. Any suggestions? Settings?
    Main System

Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk PSW 650 sub