Deer Hunters?

Yep2
Yep2 Posts: 1,335
edited September 2017 in The Clubhouse
My neck is swelling up!
LOVE this time of year!
Our bow season starts in 1 week & goes till Feb. 29th, either sex. B)
So you going this year?

Comments

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    That's a long bow season. Ours starts Oct 1 and runs to Dec 31. We purchase a buck tag and enter our names into a draw. If selected the tag can be then used for buck or doe. Good luck.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    ttgjpg94c1f0.jpg
    adprbhas0pnl.jpg
    13ib5b41hi5h.jpg

Not a bow hunter but I go rifle season, and shotgun season always a freezer full of venison here are a few of my stands have many more the first one is my old faithful stand. I agree good times November is when it all starts for me, good luck to you.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    I'm not one, but pretty much everyone else in Northern New England is.
    Lots of 'em visit our neck of the woods when hunting season rolls around :)

28879267340_f21e2c4170_b.jpgDSC_5497 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

No idea why ;)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Just recently took the safety course all over again after not hunting for 15+ years.
    License has been purchased (2 buck) was too late for the doe lottery.
    I don't have my boom sticks anymore which means i get to go shopping. YAY! :#

Pops turned 60 this year and is excited that he gets to hunt with both of his boys again after a long hiatus.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2017
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Pops turned 60 this year and is excited that he gets to hunt with both of his boys again after a long hiatus.

^^^Best part of all
    My step son didn't take interest in hunting although I tried, but I do have my son-in-law and my new grand baby. Can't wait to start enjoying the outdoors with the little guy.

Love all the family's up at camp that bring the youngin's all though many are grown men and women.

Having a beer watchin' all the family excitement around the cleaning house are great times.

Happy hunting gents

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • I hunt CT and MA. Bow season starts tomorrow in CT a full month before MA. Hunt bow, shotgun (end of Nov), and muzzleloader (end of Dec). Unfortunately I have to travel for work for the next 3 weeks so can only hunt for 2 days before I leave. :-(
  • Man this time of years sucks. My dad and I would be tricking out a new 4x4 for the season, checking out leases here in Texas, and getting our ducks in a row so to speak to be gone a couple weeks to hit WY and CO. He died in 95 and it came to a halt. Gotta 25 year old son that has ZERO desire for any of it. My brother got into bow hunting but he died about a year ago. He says guns make too much noise. Sold pretty much all of my guns and sold my dad's arsenal for my mom. I bought a couple of good slingshots I guess I could go piss off a few white tail if the chance ever comes up.

You guys cherish the days hunting your favorite game cuz it may not last forever. STAY in the Peta club. People Eating tasty Animal.
  • Might be an Alabama thing too. My grandparents in Birmingham loved eating squirrel. Especially boiled brains.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Especially boiled brains.
    That sounds yummy. :*

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited September 2017
    You mean you just don't slurp them out like crawfish???

• pitdogg2
    I've evolved a bit....
    My arms are shorter, no knuckle callous
  • pitdogg2
    That's right you drink from the bottom of the cup.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I could hunt right in my backyard, literally (I live on the border of a National Forest) but I don't get buck fever anymore. Maybe it's because I see these incredible racks in the no hunting zones that I patrol every day. These bucks will walk right up to you and that is cool enough I guess. Besides I am old tired and lazy.
  • Out of the couple dozen years my dad hunted out of a little cabin outside Gunnison, CO., the only Elk he got was ten feet off the front porch one morning. Locals always talked about how the elk around there would walk up to them and say hi. That elk was just being friendly and some pissed off Texan had to give him lead poisoning.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited September 2017
    ^ It's the reason I don't hunt Pheasant in MA. They are stocked and don't act like they are wild. Day after an area is stocked they are also more scared than anything and don't typically fly away. Yet dozens of hunters storm the area and kill almost all of them. Once saw a photo of a pheasant 15 feet up in a tree with two hunters and their dog at the base. They said it just sat there. That's not hunting, IMO.
  • My dad didn't really like the way he got it but figured with all the time he'd spent over the years properly hunting for one he deserved it. After seeing how huge they are, what would we have ever done if we found one in the mountains?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    ^ It's the reason I don't hunt Pheasant in MA. They are stocked and don't act like they are wild. Day after an area is stocked they are also more scared than anything and don't typically fly away. Yet dozens of hunters storm the area and kill almost all of them. Once saw a photo of a pheasant 15 feet up in a tree with two hunters and their dog at the base. They said it just sat there. That's not hunting, IMO.

We use to have permission to hunt the Atkins Apple Orchards in Belchertown. 1,000's of acres. Those permissions have long since passed. Some of the best pheasant hunting we ever had. Was able to put up partridge and woodcock as well.

My brother has 52, brush filled, acres in Monson. He claims he hears them late afternoon yelling at each other. We'll find out shortly...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Is there a way to "Dislike" a post on this forum?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    la2vegas wrote: »

Sure, just talk about politics and it'll get shut down. Unfortunately you might also be shut down
    That has absolutely nothing to do with my question.
  • pitdogg2
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Is there a way to "Dislike" a post on this forum?

No they didn't incorporate that part of Vanilla. It was there Polk just didn't want it IIRC