♫ ...if I knew the way... ♪

I would take you home

Sunday Morning Music Sesh #2147
This old favorite cued up in the cooldown phase of an old workout playlist, coupla tracks after Smashing Pumpkins' Drown (full version from the Singles soundtrack with all the gorgeous feedback. Not that hacked up version where they criminally chopped off almost 4 minutes)

Jane's Addiction cover of the Grateful Dead's Ripple for the Deadicated tribute album that came out in 1991.

This was quite a departure from Jane's Addiction's sound at the time, and this song is actually what got me into the Grateful Dead, which was the gateway into my early/mid 90s hippy poser phase. Minus the stink. Full immersion in hippidom wouldn't have meshed particularly well with my budding Air Force career at the time, but I enjoyed the spirit of it well enough within the confines of Uncle Sam's ownership of me, and sans mood enhancers. Still had the music, nature awareness, and surf trips to the beaches of NC, and that all meshed just fine. Also rebelliously sneaked my hair a bit longer than it should have been according to regs, but when it came to The Mission, it was serious business.

Some other good tracks here, too. Lyle Lovett's version of Friend of the Devil is another favorite. Los Lobos doing Bertha. Ahem. I mean to say, performing the track. Can't speak to Bertha's reputation.

There was some trippy, creative artwork in the cd liner, too.

Any of the Grateful Dead fans here heard/like this album, or would this be deemed blasphemous?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadicated:_A_Tribute_to_the_Grateful_Dead
c4hepjriyily.jpg

kjpfc7uqm7t4.jpg
I disabled signatures.

Comments