RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited September 2017
    Been watching the news quite a bit this morning... looks to be a mess, but they think the storm may be coming apart, still dangerous, but weakening a bit more quickly than anticipated
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Yikes guys

Ikes backside was worse than the front prayers sent
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Derf post back so we know your ok!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Showing Naples right now, dead calm. Some branches down, not much else.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited September 2017
    Senator Bill Nelson talking about how proud he is of Floridians while he tucked tail and went to Colorado this morning........yeah

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Seems the networks have bailed on coverage. Not a big enough tragedy I suppose.

President of Club Polk

• StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    This was the hype to end all hype up here in Jax, the local news is still telling people to evacuate.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • Glad you made it through with minimal (when 130 mph winds are factored) damage, Fred!

Thinking about Mike in Ft. Meyers and wishing the best.

We are still very much in this weather event with some of the strongest winds of the day rolling through now. Lost power about 4 hours ago, but have generator powering lights, refrigerators, laptops and cell chargers.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes. Much appreciated!

-Mike

g2ftodgm1kqh.jpg
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Good to hear from you guys and that Derf is through it. Now waiting to hear from Mikey.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Good time to crank up ac/dc big balls cause you guys HAVE them....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Derf post back so we know your ok!

Looks like you got through ok as well. Any damage your way?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • It's just really hitting us now.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Saw lots of people "rescuing" Nike and Adidas shoes from the terrible storm. Such heroes!
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    Ex-SWAT ...after Harvey...listen to the first few seconds
    https://youtu.be/HrELZ-nlPuc
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    Anymore shout outs....Mikey come in @Mikey081057

MD, Derf, Freak????

• F1nut
    3+ million without power.

President of Club Polk

• We are ok! Power out since about 10pm. Scary wind, but everything is holding together. Maybe an hour or so and it will be diminishing alot, I hope.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Worst part is its so dark outside, we hear booms, bangs, **** flying around outside but can't see crap. Erie not seeing what's really going on outside.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2017
    Worst part is its so dark outside, we hear booms, bangs, **** flying around outside but can't see crap. Erie not seeing what's really going on outside.

Yeah I hate that too. Always asked my wife, why always the eerie cr@p in the dark.
    She asked me why I had my hunting waders and kept running into the flooded street
    told her
    "B/C I can't see and I want to see how much time before the water comes into the house"

another thing that sux all that wind dies after the hurricanes and then there's not even a breeze. Without power the air becomes still and stagnate

but I guess the best is we're still alive and we move on

Good luck and best wishes...bsafe

I hope this storm doesn't spawn tornado's or flooding as it moves inward

• Got about 5 hours sleep after the eye passed east of us. Waiting for first light to survey the house. We are still getting the back side winds and rain, now from the WNW.

My little HF generator has been the hero of the event. It's run 13 hours on 4 gal of fuel. I left it running when we went to bed thinking it would just run out of gas in the middle of the night. Woke up at 5 wondering "what's that sound?" Just made a cup of coffee. :)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Got about 5 hours sleep after the eye passed east of us. Waiting for first light to survey the house. We are still getting the back side winds and rain, now from the WNW.

My little HF generator has been the hero of the event. It's run 13 hours on 4 gal of fuel. I left it running when we went to bed thinking it would just run out of gas in the middle of the night. Woke up at 5 wondering "what's that sound?" Just made a cup of coffee. :)

Glad all are safe and sound
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Alright Georgia Polkies....I'm about 40 miles of SW of Atlanta, near the AL boarder. I'm wondering what anyone farther south if me in GA. Is experiencing right now....?
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    Power on here. House ok and roads are open around me.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited September 2017
    Hope all you polkies rode this one out with minimal damage, I also hope that goes for you guys north that have yet to be hit. God bless to all.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • No damage to our home. Power back on - hats off to @lightman1 and his minions!

This was our first major storm in our eight years here in SW Florida. The tropical storms we've weathered pale in comparison. Glad some of the power of Irma dissipated before it got here.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. We're pleased with our prep and everyone working as a team and feel very fortunate.

Hope @Mikey081057 is okay.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Power out at 10:15 am. Wind and rain but nothing like Matthew a year ago. I hope everyone else is ok.
    rlth90i8385c.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Glad everyone seems to be making it through this.

Continued prayers for all.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited September 2017
    A couple of burps in the power supply here in central SC, but no outages.....yet.(fingers crossed)
    I hope the coastal cities are spared
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!