Hurricane Irma

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Derf wrote: »
    So what do we do while we ride it out? We make BBQ! Smoked a pork butt, we'll eat we'll tonight.
    I'd brave the storm to try some of that! :p5jue30asuizo.jpg

• Gotta cook all that frozen meat incase you lose power for a long period of time.... thats what I say...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Praying for Florida
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Gotta cook all that frozen meat incase you lose power for a long period of time.... thats what I say...

And drink all the beer. Good luck to everyone, and especially to those who stayed in the Keys.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    Gotta cook all that frozen meat incase you lose power for a long period of time.... thats what I say...

And drink all the beer. Good luck to everyone, and especially to those who stayed in the Keys.

Yeah, but I'd save that for ice chests.......... so you can "ration" it so to speak :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Riding it out south of Jax, need to bribe Lightman to head my way, we'll have no power for a week. Saw this bizzare video on another site that shows the real power of this storm.
    https://www.facebook.com/kelly.johnson.184881/posts/10211816020014053
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    StevieB wrote: »
    Riding it out south of Jax, need to bribe Lightman to head my way, we'll have no power for a week. Saw this bizzare video on another site that shows the real power of this storm.
    https://www.facebook.com/kelly.johnson.184881/posts/10211816020014053

Crews are already in the area. Last I heard they were staging in Georgia. Good luck. Hunker down. Be SAFE! And always assume any wires on the ground are live. Stay away....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I've been on the road are you guys be safe and please chime in and let us know your OK
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • 1 mile west of the forecast track of the eye. This should make for some interesting storytelling.
  • BlueFox
    Good luck. My audio dealer, Suncoast Audio is in Sarasota. Hope everyone gets through this with minimal issues. Good luck.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    1 mile west of the forecast track of the eye. This should make for some interesting storytelling.

Good luck!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    Good luck you crazy a** polkies, hold on tight.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Locally the outer rain bands came around off and on today. Currently getting rain and wind, but only about 25mph. Nothing compared to what's coming.

Been waiting for the 11pm update, and here it is: Storm has turned to a NW direction from its WNW track. So it is making its way toward us. Not as strong, only Cat 3, but moving more slowly, so more time for wind damage and storm surge.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Good luck guys. Hopefully it calms down.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • BlueFox
    4nwvlywbd2sf.png

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    196,000 people without power already. Holy cow. Prayers that everyone stays safe.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    1 mile west of the forecast track of the eye. This should make for some interesting storytelling.

Pucker factor 6
  • Derf
    Update at 7am--sustained winds locally of about 50mph, gusts to about 75. Northern eye wall about 80 mi south of us. Not a lot of rain. No wind damage. Power is still on.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    We'll be thinking of you and your family, Mike. Fingers crossed that the stories don't get too 'interesting'.

Please be safe all of you Florida Polkies...
  • Be safe. A number of forecasts for the next hurricane, Jose, predict it to head more of a NE direction and out to sea, so at least there's that.

Stay dry.
    Sal Palooza
  • Hopefully we all make it ok, especially my 93 year old grandma and her little sister who is 81, both hunkered down in NE St. Pete. We won't see Irma until tomorrow in Southern SC, but have actually started getting gusts of wind and storm surge of 4-6 feet. Totally shocked, as a few days ago it was Miami, then a few days before, it could have been us directly. This one is still unpredictable, wish it would just peter out already. God bless all y'all / you'se guys. Especially in the Keys and South and West Florida.
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • Weathered the outermost band of tropical storm force winds okay with intermittent power outages. In a calmer band at the moment waiting for the more consolidated stuff. Northward speed at a crawl now (<9 mph) so this will be a prolonged event lasting well into this evening/tomorrow morning.

Hope @Mikey081057 and @Derf are safe and sound!

q7ydkfp8o7vk.jpg
  • The outer most rain bands just starting to arrive in my area HOLIDAY FL just west of Tampa.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Derf
    Eye wall is 10 miles away. Moving into the laundry room. Have heard roof tiles coming off roof. Can see a few in the pool. Daughter is keeping her cat calm, and vice versa. Canal behind house is almost dry, storm has sucked water off shore. Hopefully when it comes back it doesn't come back forcefully.
  • that is what I heard was happening. Irma is sucking all the water up.
    Hang tight soldier.
  • Derf wrote: »
    Eye wall is 10 miles away. Moving into the laundry room. Have heard roof tiles coming off roof. Can see a few in the pool. Daughter is keeping her cat calm, and vice versa. Canal behind house is almost dry, storm has sucked water off shore. Hopefully when it comes back it doesn't come back forcefully.

Stay safe, Fred! Keeping a good thought for you and yours.

First band of hurricane force winds just arrived here. My main concern is the roof as well. If these barrel tiles get airborne they'll be like mortar rounds.
  • Derf
    Into eye wall now about 15 minutes. Winds are 120 mph. Roof tiles continue to be blown off. Roof is leaking in a few spots. Put out pots and towels. More to come. Feel like Capt. Dan.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    My word man. Prayers sent your way that all of you stay safe. Houses can be replaced. You cannot.

*prays*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Keep your wits about you and your heads down.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk