How the heck do i cut and print in Windows 10??

Once again a computet question...in Windows it has been easy to cut and print but in 10 when you right click there is not an option to print...help please...
Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Actual print, or are you just meaning copy/paste?
    Little more info about what you're trying to do?
    I disabled signatures.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    highlight some text and send it straight to the printer...
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • msg
    huht. how 'bout that. I've never used that before, but just tried it in Win7. Neat. I don't have a W10 installation running currently, but will spin one up to play around with and see what I come up with.

I know it's not as easy as being able to send selected text directly to a printer, but a roundabout workaround for now would be to copy/paste into a text file and print that?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Can't copy and past to a word doc in 10?
  • starkiller
    Yes I can but copy and print is so much easier.....especially for those of us computer challenged people :)
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Does highlighting the text with your mouse and then hitting ctrl+C and then ctrl+P work?

I refuse to upgrade from 7 to 10 on this rig, and will cross that bridge when I finally feel the need to build a new one. Come on VR, give me a reason to upgrade...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • The most basic answer: Windows 10 Sucks.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    If you're talking about when you are in your browser, Edge that comes with Windows 10 then you're screwed, but you still have Explorer with 10 and it works the same.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nbrowser wrote: »
    The most basic answer: Windows 10 Sucks.

Heh I built my HTPC using a latest edge Z270 chipset motherboard. Went with a i5 6600K processor so I could run and update Windows 7 because if I used a i5 7600K (Kaby Lake) Microsoft would disable crucial updates to Windows 7.
    I'm planning on upgrading to a new Ryzen workstation, to replace my aging overclocked Vishera, and have the same problem. MS has disabled the whole Zen line for Windows 7

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nbrowser wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    The most basic answer: Windows 10 Sucks.

Heh I built my HTPC using a latest edge Z270 chipset motherboard. Went with a i5 6600K processor so I could run and update Windows 7 because if I used a i5 7600K (Kaby Lake) Microsoft would disable crucial updates to Windows 7.
    I'm planning on upgrading to a new Ryzen workstation, to replace my aging overclocked Vishera, and have the same problem. MS has disabled the whole Zen line for Windows 7

Yep they have. However there's a few freebee programs out there to make 10...kinda look and function like 7. Here's the rundown.

Classic Shell...google it...even IF your running 7 it's nice to bring back say a Win98 style Start Menu.

OldNewExplorer, need to read the file on how to use this one, accesses nifty stuff to bring back some old Windows Explorer stuff.

WinAeroTweaker, returns some functionality to the base UI as well as older programs like say...Windows Photo Viewer and stuff.

a45xrcydthzt.jpg

Tried them all, lipstick on a pig
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • starkiller
    Guess I will do the Open explorer trick...thanks everyone!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It still works in chrome
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • starkiller
    Never have used Chrome....always EXplorer...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Why don't you just copy, put the copy on a blank Word document and print?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • starkiller
    i can i guess but that, for me anyway, is no where near as easy for this old brain to absorb....
  • msg
    Jfc Tom, we covered that already. Catch up! :p
    starkiller wrote: »
    Never have used Chrome....always EXplorer...
    You are dead to me.
    cfcw8v6ud28f.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    seriously, who uses explorer??? chrome or before that, firefox. Haven't used explorer or safari for years...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited September 2017
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    seriously, who uses explorer??? chrome or before that, firefox. Haven't used explorer or safari for years...

I thought they did away with Explorer when Vista was released. :p

bddj4y0z1dm8.jpg
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2017
    Explorer is still in Windows 10...but he is probably using Edge, which most people think is Explorer. Both suck.

lodsb8ymwxve.png

Chrome has always worked better for me, unless I'm dealing with Outlook's web interface.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • starkiller
    yep, using edge....
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Best thing if you have a copy go back win 7. JMO
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2017
    Personally, I've been happy with Win 10. Stable, runs faster on my hardware, not hit with lengthy updates every time turn on the computer (ok, maybe exagerating). I do like the old Photo Gallery better than the included photo app. Even though Windows Live acessories says it is not compatible, I have it installed on all my 10 machines. I have most, if not all, of the Microsoft spy stuff turned off...at least I think I do...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    billbillw wrote: »
    I have most, if not all, of the Microsoft spy stuff turned off...at least I think I do...

AFAYK, After all this is Microturd & It would not supersize me if they were tracking everything you do and everywhere you go.

After the automatic forced upgrade from 7 to 10 debacle a few years ago (and there still at it today as in no support for new hardware in 7 or 8.1, do a google search), I wiped all my drives and did a fresh install of win 7 home sp1 64bit and the first thing I did even before in stalling any drivers was to disable all update functions.

If I'm forced to upgrade the os due to hardware failure, I'll go Linux or Apple (That's saying a lot as some of you guys know how much I hate Apple).

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • starkiller wrote: »
    yep, using edge....
    IE is there, just have to find it. The 64bit version is in program files on your boot drive. The 32bit version is in program files (x86)
    Just right click on the executable and "pin to task bar".
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • msg
    gimpod wrote: »
    If I'm forced to upgrade the os due to hardware failure, I'll go Linux or Apple (That's saying a lot as some of you guys know how much I hate Apple).
    I can't believe what I'm reading.
    Tony! I think you've been hacked!
    I disabled signatures.