Hurricane Irma

Options
Figured i'd start a thread on this one. This storm is unreal! At this stage, 185mph winds with over 210mph gusts. About the only good scenario is for it to just turn due north and die out, but you know thats not going to happen. What a monster of a storm!

oc8zvqioi5yi.jpg
No excuses!

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Some people who are experts tracking storms have said she could be packing over 200+mph sustained winds by the time she gets close to Fla....You would have to be in a coastal defense bunker to withstand that kind of pressure...Not looking good for that part of the country sadly...
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    I am at G 0 :(
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    I feel bad for those folks down in the Caribbean. It may hit Florida or it may still have time to weaken or turn further further north, but people seem to agree it's definitely gonna hit the islands south of there.

What a mess, stay safe everyone
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    This is crazy having 2 back to back. Keep an eye on this one and be safe.

NFL just pulled the Miami game.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Not again :'(

some many countries in the path of this one!

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    We took a direct hit from Matthew last year but this is a monster in the making..lived in Margate during Andrew and that was not a hurricane party storm either..generators readied today and boards are ready to go up...this beast will have an effect on a HUGE area....be safe all..............fishing should be off the chain as the storm gets closer :)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Hopefully it dies down a bit before it gets to you, Mikey. If not, you know the deal. Take precautions, no assumptions of weakening.

As noted above, slow moving and heavy rain dumping is a bad enough combination with these storms. Factor in the high sustained winds, and it's a recipe for true disaster. This setup is what topples trees here in VA, and that's horrible for a lot of the neighborhoods around here, as not all power is underground, for example.

The flooding in TX floored me. I never really used to hear a whole lot about major flooding, but I'm convinced at this point that flooding has to be one of the worst of the worst in natural disasters, for danger, potential for loss of life and injury, and for property destruction.

Hoping for dissipation.
    Get the gators on long leashes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Saw this posted about 45 min ago on Antigua's Meteorological Service Twitter page. Good lord...225mph gusts. May not be much left of those tiny islands in it's path.

nc1zpvebvd07.png
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Just have to hope to get land on the west side of the storm

Wishes and prayers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Wow, unbelievable. I would say get out of town if you are in the path.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    Wow, unbelievable. I would say get out of town if you are in the path.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I am at G 0 :(

Dude...if you can...and don't take this personally...but if I was you...I'd GTFO ASAP!

Agree
    These are the types where I leave, just saying.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Strong Bad
    Options
    Quite a busy hurricane season thus far! So far Jose appears to be taking a similar path to Irma. Here's hoping a thread doesn't get started for Jose.

eqpa2hmh6nsn.jpg
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    So the northern frontal system has stabilized...currently and may move forward

This may take the storm eye to Myrtle Beach/Wilmington, into the Carolina's

• Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    Man, I've got a concert to go to in Miami on Friday night and another in Orlando on Saturday night. This storm just has to go and ruin my plans!
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Now that's humor...so what ya gonna do now????

• Derf
    Options
    Making more calls tomorrow to tell buyers, sellers and realtors we'll close their deals some time later. Already started dealing with whiners today who want their paycheck, want their house closed. Problem is insurance companies won't bind insurance now that the storm is "in the box" so nothing I can do about it. Just have to put up with the moaning and groaning from spoiled brats who are more concerned about themselves than the safety and welfare of others (rant over).

I can then start backing up/packing things at the office. Then here at home. School has been canxed Thurs and Fri. Then option is to drive north, problem is we in S FL have to drive 6-7 hours just to get out of the state. Add traffic and it's a haul. So may start out early Thurs or Fri. Depending on that Front and the way the storm "hooks" will dictate what we do and when. Turn left at the Big Bend or . . ?Prayers for anyone who may be touched by this monster.

@Mikey081057: Mike, you headed out of town or riding it out?
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Fred, Mikey, Picker and other east coasters be safe my friends

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Putting up shutters tomorrow and trying to figure which way to go.... Nothing against Myrtle Beach but I hope this bltch turns north.

I've had to deal with a lot of this ... I think they are following me

Ivan Grand Cayman 2004... Major property loss
    Michelle Grand Cayman 2001? Water damage
    Irene NJ
    Sandy NJ

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Please don't move to TX Mikey

Safe travels

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Putting up shutters tomorrow and trying to figure which way to go.... Nothing against Myrtle Beach but I hope this bltch turns north.

I've had to deal with a lot of this ... I think they are following me

Ivan Grand Cayman 2004... Major property loss
    Michelle Grand Cayman 2001? Water damage
    Irene NJ
    Sandy NJ

I would say come to SoCal but we are something like 300 years overdue for a big shaker in San Diego.

Be safe guys, these things are never nice.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options

Mikey, if you are just looking for a place to stay, why don't you head up to Carverfest for some food, fun and tunes until it's safe to return? We will make accommodations for you. Just PM me if you are interested.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Derf
    Options
    With current update to the projected track, SW FL may be the safest place to be in the state. Deciding when/where to go is stressful in and of itself.
  • Strong Bad
    Options
    Bad news on this storm is the pressure continues to drop, making for a stronger storm. Now it's taken that previously mentioned slight turn from West to WNW.

All the technology we have on this planet and there's still nothing at all we can do about forces of nature such as this.

r6dwlrj9ztst.jpg
    No excuses!
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Riding it out in Sarasota.

CBS construction with strapped roof system, windows rated at 120 mph, not in a flood plain, not in an evac zone--even for Cat 5. Generator w/25 gallons of gas, 168 dehydrated meals, natural gas fuel source, 100 gal of water stored, substantial first aid kit, battery/solar/crank emergency radio, battery/solar/crank emergency lanterns, three tarps large enough to cover entire roof, 400 feet of 1/2" nylon rope in 50 foot sections. Will spend Friday securing anything that may become wind blown.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Good to hear. I was wondering since I hadn't noticed you posting about what your plan was. Anybody heard from George and Janice Daniels?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I hope at least it weakens before hitting Florida. Can't imagine what 200 mph winds will do to clay tiled roofs. Turn those things into missiles.

All you guys/gals in it's path, get out of the way now. Your life is worth more than material possessions.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Good to hear. I was wondering since I hadn't noticed you posting about what your plan was. Anybody heard from George and Janice Daniels?

Tom

George is a Facebook friend and come to think of it, I haven't seen a recent post. But then again he doesn't post a lot so that could be normal.

George and Janice if you see this, give us a shout out.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Looks like we picked a bad week for a vacation at the beach! Hope everybody comes out of this OK.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Irma.... I shutter to think about her...ggv83gdxoe38.jpg

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    George is in Panama City Beach about a mile from where I just bought a condo. From all the predictions, it doesn't look like it should hit PCB however, mother nature as we all know is hard to predict.

A few of the locals I have talked to so far said they are not concerned yet. Yet being the key word.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.