Adcom 815 preamp verses??

Hi, Can anyone tell me about the Adcom 815 preamp? not a lot on it but i have heard it said it is just like Parasound 2100? How would it compare to the old 715 or 710? Thanks

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I have not heard the 815 but, I used to own a Adcom GFP-565. The 565 had a great sound to it and the phono pre for the money was darn good. I also had a Parasound P5. The parasound has a bit up front soundstage and solid bass but, the old adcom might have been a bit more neutral sounding. Both were good, just a different presentation. Also I just googled the 815, is that a new model for $500? It also does not look like it has a remote if that is important.

I know they are not the models you are asking for but, the house sound shouldn't stray too far each other.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.