Texas Hurricane

Comments

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    I guess it didn't pass. But tried to.
  • They banned plastic bags.

I wish all states would follow.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halen
    Didn't they also try to ban soda as well? Or was that something else?

MAGA
  • ^^Google is your friend.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2017
    Now you have to pay ten cents per plastic bag at the grocery. Every month or so I get 5 or 6. These are some heavy duty plastic bags. If the previous cheapo, free plastic bags took 50 years to break down then these will last 5000 years. They are great for used cat litter. LOL.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Now you have to pay ten cents per plastic bag at the grocery. Every month or so I get 5 or 6. These are some heavy duty plastic bags. If the previous cheapo, free plastic bags took 50 years to break down then these will last 5000 years. They are great for used cat litter. LOL.

Haha love it.
  • halen
    ^^Google is your friend.

Ha. Bing it.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    There's more gas in Houston than Austin or Dallas, lol.
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Another one that bears watching..closely...Irma..Spinning up in the Atlantic..Cat 4 now...and could be close to a Cat 6 as it brushes the north coast of Cuba..Cat 6 is off the scale....This one is no joke people...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited September 2017
    Cat 6? I didn't even know there was such a thing. I thought it only went up to 5?

[EDIT:] There are only 5 on the Saffir-Simpson scale. You must have fat fingered the number.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    Another one that bears watching..closely...Irma..Spinning up in the Atlantic..Cat 4 now...and could be close to a Cat 6 as it brushes the north coast of Cuba..Cat 6 is off the scale....This one is no joke people...

Hoping that the north winds keep this one pushed off far enough

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Msabot1
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Cat 6? I didn't even know there was such a thing. I thought it only went up to 5?

[EDIT:] There are only 5 on the Saffir-Simpson scale. You must have fat fingered the number.

Tom

Actually there is not an actual Cat 6... It's a term they use for 'off the scale'..sustained winds of over 200mph...Some are predicting this one to be a city killer...This one is a bad girl...a very bad girl...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Actually there is not an actual Cat 6... It's a term they use for 'off the scale'..sustained winds of over 200mph...Some are predicting this one to be a city killer...This one is a bad girl...a very bad girl...

Why can't this one just breeze on by and go right to North Korea...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Hahaha, no freakin' DOUBT John!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Is north korea too far north for the super typhoons?
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2017
    I'm not diggin' this biitche Irma at all. If she hits Florida or sneaks into the gulf the US isfooked

Not to hate the the East Coast but she needs to run north in the Atlantic
    #1 Clean side of the storm
    #2 better chance of blowing out to sea vs cutting into the US

Best wishes to Puerto Rico, they have enough problems
    le0q7m3stvh4.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• It could be another Andrew slicing east to west. A few models show it running due north up the peninsula after landfall near Homestead--which would affect millions. A few show a direct hit on Key West.

We've been fortunate here in SW Florida for well over a decade. But, eventually the dice pass. Regardless of its track, I really hope it doesn't get into the Gulf and add more misery, damage and potential loss of life to coastal TX and LA.

As a side note: Building codes, and especially residential codes, were drastically overhauled in Florida after Andrew. Post-Andrew builds (our home is in that category) should fare much better with respect to wind mitigation. Fingers crossed.
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2017
    Here is some model data
    Check the model data box and the GFS setting
    Run on 1X and watch date and time

Good luck and prayers for the Eastern Coast

I know you know better but please prepare, to much is always better than not enough

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=29.51&lon=-95.09&radar=1

Should look like this:

ch64e6xxcwqp.jpg

Post edited by txcoastal1 on

• txcoastal1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Typhoon hitting "just NOKO" without hurting Japan and SOKO is like hitting the 7-10 split in bowling :/

• Msabot1
    Upgraded this morning...180+mph sustained winds and getting stronger..You would have to live in a coastal defense bunker to withstand that kind of force...I feel that it is going to be more than a little rough in Florida unless something drastic happens..like turning up the coast where the brunt of that thing stays off shore...Always hoping for the best...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Typhoon hitting "just NOKO" without hurting Japan and SOKO is like hitting the 7-10 split in bowling :/

So its possible is what you're reeeally saying :p
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Most of the latest models project this thing going right through Florida :neutral:
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • treitz3
    Unreal.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Perhaps time to start a Florida hurricane thread?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Perhaps time to start a Florida hurricane thread?

sadly, yes it appears to be.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I am visiting FL the last week in September. Since I can't cancel the flight I have to order this hurricane to miss FL. Good luck folks, but we won't really know until Friday what is going to happen.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2017
    ...Please don't politicize

These events are travesties
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on

• Stated in pure jest.....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable