I am very happy

Hi guys its been some time since I have been here but I have been working on building a modest system. I would like to thank Todd and Ken for all there help and for there new found friendship. I was able to barter off old gear and with some cash I have reached a pretty good point thus far. I would also like to say that anyone on the fence about jumping into the reel to reel game, do it the sound is fantastic, well to me anyway. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. From top to bottom Pioneer PL-560, Pioneer DT-500, PIONEER SA-9500II amp, Pioneer TX-9500II Tuner, Sony CDP-XE500, Pioneer SG-750, Pioneer RG-2, Pioneer SR-303, Pioneer CT-F900, and to the left of the rack is a Pioneer 1020L.mew0q69w8gr8.jpg
f64bwqq2rk3o.jpg
u1z4psx72rwr.jpg

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Holy EQ Batman!!!

That is a really good looking rig.
  • Realistic
    Realistic Posts: 355
    Thank you, the reverb and the processor receive a input signal only I don't use them for what they were made for, just a cool light show.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Looking good.

Your welcome. Glad you are enjoying everything.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Very nice indeed... speakers?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I was expecting to see a rack of Realistic gear :D:D

Very cool rig.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    That cassette deck is the same size as my AVR and amp stacked on top of each other. Now that's a cassette deck. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2017
    Nightfall wrote: »
    That cassette deck is the same size as my AVR and amp stacked on top of each other. Now that's a cassette deck. ;)

I'm surprised you know what a cassette deck looks like :D:D

Kids now days ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    I started on cassette tapes. I listened to Master of Puppets so much that you couldn't hear it anymore.

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Nice vintage setup.
  • Nightfall
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I started on cassette tapes. I listened to Master of Puppets so much that you couldn't hear it anymore.

Rookie...try listening to a tape so much you wear the stuff off! :smiley:

That's what I was meaning, I didn't phrase it right maybe.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    9500 were/are nice pieces. There's a guy near me that has a Spec 1. 2 and 4 andI'm tempted just because. Nice looking rig. I had one of the old Pioneer reverb units back in the day.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    That is VINTAGE AWESOMENESS.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    *like*
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    WOW!!! I love it!!!!! B)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited September 2017
    man, I bet it's a real relaxing experience listening to music with those reels slowly spinning
    banana_smiley_34.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    .... unless the motion attracts the attention of a cat.
    BTDT :(
  • Its good to be back, haven't had anything to report up until now, great bunch of people here. The speakers I am currently using are Bose 10.2 series 2 and the sound pretty darn good. The reel to reel provides a very nice sound to relax too, I really like it. I am happy I finally made it back to a vintage set up, its what I really enjoy. As for the reel to reel I really wish I would have done it sooner. Next speaker purchase is a pair of 7s but are very hard to find around here, I think with the set up I have they would be ideal for night time listening. Thanks again for the kind words.
    Bob.
  • Well we have two cats, and they are not allowed near the audio stuff. Its funny how smart they really are, tell them no a few times and all is good, they don't even bother anymore.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Re: R2R, do you buy old tapes for that sort of thing, or make your own?

How's the fidelity? I have zero experience. Didn't people used to buy records, record them to tape and then put the records away, listening only to the tape copy?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Where is here? I have some 7's collecting dust at the moment...
    Realistic wrote: »
    Its good to be back, haven't had anything to report up until now, great bunch of people here. The speakers I am currently using are Bose 10.2 series 2 and the sound pretty darn good. The reel to reel provides a very nice sound to relax too, I really like it. I am happy I finally made it back to a vintage set up, its what I really enjoy. As for the reel to reel I really wish I would have done it sooner. Next speaker purchase is a pair of 7s but are very hard to find around here, I think with the set up I have they would be ideal for night time listening. Thanks again for the kind words.
    Bob.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    That's the rig I wanted when I was 16! I would still love to have it. Very cool!
  • afterburnt wrote: »
    That's the rig I wanted when I was 16! I would still love to have it. Very cool!

Last year? >:)
  • Beautiful set-up! You have a lot to be proud of...and to be happy with!!!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    There was a time when you could buy music pre recorded on reels. My understanding is those go for big bucks these days. Would love to hear this setup.
  • Msg I have been putting all my cds onto reel tape, it really does sound a lot nicer, not as tinny or brittle to me if that makes sense. Not really sure how to describe it, it is smoother for sure. My wife and I have been hunting around thrift stores and the like for pre recorded tapes but have yet to come across any, we are going Saturday to look. I did find a Led Zeppelin III pre recorded on a 7inch reel for 177.00 plus shipping I just couldn't pull the trigger and I really don't have that kind of money for one tape.
  • You are all more than welcome to come listen if you are ever in upstate NY, small country town.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892

Last year? >:)

Ken, you have made it quite clear that you think that I am a more on. I take no offense as I admire your uncanny penchant to surmise the obvious. Bravo my good man!