Acurus A250 amp Common Ground????

Options
teamjhertz
teamjhertz Posts: 361
edited August 2017 in Electronics
I picked up an Acurus A250 amp and was thinking of using it for a two channel rig. I have always wanted a pair of SDAs. I am trying to find out if it is common ground before I spend too mich time looking for a set. Can anyone confirm that it is common groind?

If it is not common ground I will just use it with my LSiM703's or move up to 705's

Thanks in advance
Post edited by teamjhertz on

Comments

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options
    According to the schematic it is.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Very solid amp choice! The only issue with those models are the flaky green led in the switch. They always seem to start flashing on and off, other than that, great amp.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • teamjhertz
    Options
    That is good news

Thanks for the feedback

Now to find some decent SDA's near Chicago

I also picked up a 200x3 model for HT
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    teamjhertz wrote: »

Now to find some decent SDA's near Chicago

There's a pair of questionable 2A's on craigslist for too much money. There's been a pair of 1C's in Hangover Park that have been listed a few times--don't see them there now, but they may be up again in a day or three.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • teamjhertz
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up
  • teamjhertz
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I decided to give it a go with my 703's.

I was really suprised how much improvement I heard compared to the SC-68 alone. I used the SC68 in preamp mode along with MIT T2 speaker and interconnects cables. I just listened to random songs that I was familiar with.

The dynamics increased and the overall sound was fuller and more powerful. The high end was clear as the volume went up and did not get drowned out compared to what I experienced with the receiver alone. The low end was exceptional for a bookie. The midrange was improved as well.

The sound stage was wide and the vocals were center. I am very interested in how a pair of 705's would compare. I would expect an even better soundstage and more low end.

As you can tell I am very pleased with the amp.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Have always admired these and the big brother Aragon. Need to hear them one of these days!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre