Texas Hurricane

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Joel Osteen is a bag of shet.......I had to get that off my mind. Glad he was pressured to open his church though.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    edited August 2017
    la2vegas wrote: »
    This thread has taken a hard right hand turn straight into a ditch. I call for the moderators to order an emergency evacuation and CLOSE this thread.
    Oh and by the way my sister lives in Houston.
    I wouldn't say close it, but definitely moderate it and wipe all those crap posts above and the responses to them made in attempt to rein in. There's been some good info, discussion and support here.

The country of Texas will rise again!
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,525
    edited August 2017
    1976doc wrote: »
    No.. that is what home insurance is for

Dear sir, with the goal of insuring correct information, in your comment above you meant Flood insurance correct.

I ask because last I checked, most insurance companies dont cover flooding, hence the creation of the government run National Flood Insurance Program.

And IIRC and its only MANDATORY you purchase coverage if you live in a flood zone... not sure if lots of the homes in Houston that got flooded were in such a zone...

So they may be SOL, which makes my heart hurt.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575

You are ignorant about home insurance (and probably lots of other things). Home insurance doesn't cover natural disasters like floods. Flood insurance does...so, shut up when you don't know what your talking about.

You cannot evacuate six million people from an area of up to four thousand square miles in just several days. There isn't enough fuel locally to do it nor are there destinations for six million people to go.

Houston is home to the countries busiest port, the largest oil refineries, major chemical plants,and one of the largest medical centers in the world. Should we have abandoned those, or what are you in your wisdom suggesting?

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021

Whats your goal here?
  • msg wrote: »
    I wouldn't say close it, but definitely moderate it and wipe all those crap posts above and the responses to them in attempt to rein in. There's been some good info, discussion and support here.

Most excellent suggestion.

Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    edited August 2017
    If people knew that they were going to be billed for the cost of a rescue, they wouldn't put themselves in situations that they would need to be rescued from.

Dude you're a jerk plain and simple. Tell me what your crystal ball is telling your right now.
    Reported
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    msg wrote: »
    I wouldn't say close it, but definitely moderate it and wipe all those crap posts above and the responses to them in attempt to rein in. There's been some good info, discussion and support here.

Most excellent suggestion.

Because the moderation of opinions is the way to go here..

Your opinion carries no weight nor facts sir. I'm a staunch conservative so understand a bit of your opinion as like Steve mentioned but on the other hand I am also a realist. Your statements were out of line and clueless.

So mods leave the statements, so we ca understand that 1976doc and know where he stands. 1976doc I hope the grass is always green under your feet. iMHO you're a POS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    I live in the desert.. there is never grass here

Explains why your egg is scrambled.
  • 1976doc wrote: »
    I live in the desert.. there is never grass here

Do you smoke grass?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• msg
    See? This is why we can't have nice things!
    I disabled signatures.
  • ^^Well you should.

• txcoastal1
    On the bright side
    Suns first peak in a week
    346vfmxa01dr.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    On the bright side
    346vfmxa01dr.jpg

Beautiful!!!
  • txcoastal1
    Thanks I thought so too

Literally minutes ago :)<3:)<3B)

• DollarDave
    edited August 2017
    Out my front door just now in Katy (West Houston)
    rflzbs09ts9a.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    Come back :'(
    ymzujhx2ll7c.jpg

• msg
    edited August 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    On the bright side
    s8g68qevdycu.jpg
    That's a sweet, warm little shot there Ron. Sure that's a sight for sore eyes.
    I'm a little disappointed though. I really thought you'd have had a bigger truck. It's okay if yours is that one on the right, though. I just pictured something more like this, something toolfan66/nightfall inspired. I think the first one is hauling its own fuel. You know, TX an' all?
    d2znagnjqd76.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    edited August 2017
    DollarDave wrote: »
    rflzbs09ts9a.jpg

I have family in Katy. You all got a bunch of water right? Most my family lives in Austin.

• txcoastal1 wrote: »
    So mods leave the statements, so we can understand that 1976doc and know where he stands.

Hmmm. Upon further review and consideration, and consultation with my friend Bill, the idea of letting one hoist themself on their own petard is sound and reasonable.

Meanwhile .... watch out for gators. :o

i6kba8xx50sc.jpg

Sal Palooza
  • This is what it's all about

evy27pnr2ver.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    I so hate this has happened, but the stories we see on the national news of neighbors helping neighbors shows how even while going through their own personal tragedy they honestly desire to care for others who may not have the strength or means to care for themselves. That part warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye for an entirely different reason. Prayers continue.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • txcoastal1
    edited August 2017
    @msg
    Lol

No that's my kids ranger and my 3/4 ton

Broke my friggin <3 that I couldn't get out of the area to help

Coastal creeks over banks and 54" of rain in League City roads are impassible for nothing but boats

• txcoastal1
    @motorhead43026

Many parts of Katy are not so well, check on them

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,306
    Mods, I think you know damned well who should be eliminated. You should know based upon reading this if they are a "troll" or not worthy of being on threads like this.

With that said.

My prayers go out to all Texans and those throughout the surrounding areas. Some folks do not know or fathom what you are going through. Admittedly, I do not, though I know you must be dealing with hell on Earth. Our collective prayers are still with you.

Through the thick and thin. Most folks with half a brain or more can figure out that your circumstances are more than Ronald McDonald twirling around on a rainbow colored French fry can comprehend. Those that speak otherwise are limited to donkey droppings in knowledge on a intellectually stellar level. It is what it is. Let them be and move on to other places worthy of them.

Again, mods......I trust you know what to do. We are better than this.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • motorhead43026
    edited August 2017
    I did check, my nephew said his home and the other homes on his street were the only ones not flooded in his subdivision. He said they had about 36" he thought.

• DollarDave
    edited August 2017
    DollarDave wrote: »
    rflzbs09ts9a.jpg

I have family in Katy. You all got a bunch of water right? Most my family lives in Austin.

Over here we didn't get flooded as I'm at 135 feet above sea level. On the east side of grand parkway, they are around 100 up to 110 feet. They got water in many many of their homes. That's only about 4 miles from me. North of me about two miles, they are flooded too up in old town Katy. I did get right at 50" of rain, though.

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    I've been through a hurricane but that was a walk in the park compared to what I'm seeing here. I can't imagine what you're going through. Hope everyone is OK and my prayers are with you.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2017
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Friends in Dickinson were stuck on second floor of their apartment building until last night. They were rescued by volunteer private citizens after watching the Coast Guard copters pluck neighbors off rooftops for two days.

zuhypuwxr0th.jpg