PARKING VIOLATION!

Options
gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
Please print this picture out, cut it in two, trim it and put them in your glove box and if you see a car or truck parked in a Blue Space with out a handicap plate or placard stick one of these on there windshield.

Believe me it will be appreciated.

ta3gug2wdn8x.jpg

Thank You.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nice, on both posts above.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    Options
    It bugs me too. I had a pass for awhile when I was waiting for and after having back surgery. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I used it. I always thought I'd rather the big spots go to someone older, or in a van with a wheelchair. I figured there is probably someone who will need it more than I.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    I think those that abuse the tag are worse than those that abuse the space. I have a relative that would take her mom's car that had a tag to get a better spot.....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    This is one of the few things that sets me off! I like it and am going to print some out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I especially wonder at people who park unlawfully in disabled spaces in front of my local YMCA and then use the treadmill to "work out". As part of their punishment they should be required to do community service, like deliver food to deserving people on foot.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ^^Agree, it takes a very special kind of POS to do that.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    I think those that abuse the tag are worse than those that abuse the space. I have a relative that would take her mom's car that had a tag to get a better spot.....

In Illinois that could cost her mom to loose her Handicap/disability parking tag or license. Which I'm sure would be no sweat to the offender... right?

Some peoples children.

My mom has a placard and she insists I use the spot when I take her to the shopping center. I do not feel right doing it so I drop her off at the door and go park in the lot then pick her up at the door when done.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,532
    Options
    Wow IL actually got something RIGHT for once..... @pitdogg2
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    My favorite is the person with handicapped plates who is smoking while driving....then flicks their butt out the window. People whom throw garbage out their windows should be made to stop their vehicles, pick up whatever they threw out, and eat it on the side of the road. End of rant.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Before anyone confronts a perceived offender, just consider that there are some disabilities and legitimate reasons for having a tag that may not be readily apparent. Laziness is not a disability, but Lupus is... There are many other diseases and conditions that are also referred to as invisible. I used to be outraged watching seemingly healthy people park in disabled spots at work, but then I learned a few things and felt pretty bad about what I had thought. My assumptions could not have been more incorrect.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »
    Please print this picture out, cut it in two, trim it and put them in your glove box and if you see a car or truck parked in a Blue Space with out a handicap plate or placard stick one of these on there windshield.

ta3gug2wdn8x.jpg

Thank You.
    Great ideas begin here at Polk Audio!!

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

In Illinois that could cost her mom to loose her Handicap/disability parking tag or license. Which I'm sure would be no sweat to the offender... right?

Some peoples children.

My mom has a placard and she insists I use the spot when I take her to the shopping center. I do not feel right doing it so I drop her off at the door and go park in the lot then pick her up at the door when done.
    Your a good man!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have had similar issues prejudging seemingly healthy holders of the tags, and have adjusted how I look at disabilities, being extremely blessed with good health all my life.

With that said, the one that I struggle with today are the "Therapy Animals" getting the same rights as highly trained dogs that help those with blindness. I don't want to eat next to a table or ride a plane with a pig or turkey sitting in the seat next to me......I mean, technically aren't all our animals therapeutic since we all feel better when they are around. Landlords, taxis, trains, airlines, businesses are being taken advantage of by the special status that is handed to these pets simply with a prescription. I love my 2 cats and dog, but don't believe that I would ever abuse others with my neurotic tendencies.

If I am wrong and offend anyone, help me understand better so that I can get with the program, as I am becoming an old phart at times.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    warren wrote: »
    gimpod wrote: »

ta3gug2wdn8x.jpg

Thank You.
    Great ideas begin here at Polk Audio!!

Take a poll
    Warren voted #1
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I have had similar issues prejudging seemingly healthy holders of the tags, and have adjusted how I look at disabilities, being extremely blessed with good health all my life.

With that said, the one that I struggle with today are the "Therapy Animals" getting the same rights as highly trained dogs that help those with blindness. I don't want to eat next to a table or ride a plane with a pig or turkey sitting in the seat next to me......I mean, technically aren't all our animals therapeutic since we all feel better when they are around. Landlords, taxis, trains, airlines, businesses are being taken advantage of by the special status that is handed to these pets simply with a prescription. I love my 2 cats and dog, but don't believe that I would ever abuse others with my neurotic tendencies.

If I am wrong and offend anyone, help me understand better so that I can get with the program, as I am becoming an old phart at times.

Its a slippery slope. Those with depression and anxiety do benefit from therapy animals and they help offset medications, but i do agree that if one cannot venture outside and deal with the world without said animals, then maybe more help is needed.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options

The problem here is a lot of doctors will just sign with little to no regard to what there signing, Kinda like doctor shopping to get your opioid script filled 10 times a month.
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Its a slippery slope. Those with depression and anxiety do benefit from therapy animals and they help offset medications, but i do agree that if one cannot venture outside and deal with the world without said animals, then maybe more help is needed.

I agree "Therapy Animals" are NOT Highly Trained Guide Dogs / Service Dogs and should not be treated the same!

A few points from someone who's had to deal with this B.S. for going on 38 years.

1. Handicapped Placard's and such are mostly for those with mobility issues, Not everyone who has a disability qualifies for the Placard. In the state of WA being just blind does not qualify you for a Placard, you have to have a qualifying mobility issue also. It is a common misconception that "If your disabled you qualify".

2. If you have a qualifying handicap the Placard is not that hard to get and is free in most states. This may sound cold but if you can't be bothered to get one then you don't deserve the privilege to park in these spots. I can't tell you how many times we've had to park in the outer reaches of Mongolia just so we could get out of my van and not have to worry too much about coming back only to find some moron parked so close we couldn't get the ramp down even though there was a sticker on that side of the van warning people not to park within 8ft of the door.

3. If a person parks his car/truck/van (Handicapped or not) in a Handicap spot without a Placard/Plate or Sticker and not having a matching I.D. card to go with said permit it is still ILLEGAL to do so and you should not feel bad about sticking one of these notices on there vehicle, Who knows maybe you'll inspire them to get a Placard (See #2).

4. I wish I could take credit for these but I can't as I got them from the V.A.

FYI: These are the rules for WA and I'm sure they vary from state to state, look them up at your states Department of Licensing.
    Disabled parking: Who is eligible?
    Who determines if you qualify

A licensed physician, physician assistant, or registered nurse practitioner must determine if you qualify for disabled parking privileges.

Types of conditions that qualify

You may receive disabled parking privileges if you have a disability that meets at least 1 of the following criteria:

1. You can’t walk 200 feet without stopping to rest.
    2. Your ability to walk is severely limited due to an arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition.
    3. You’re so severely disabled that you can’t walk without the use of or assistance from a brace, cane, another person, prosthetic device, wheelchair, or other assistive device.
    4. You use portable oxygen.
    5. You’re restricted by lung disease to such an extent that forced expiratory respiratory volume when measured by spirometry is less than 1 liter/second or the arterial oxygen tension is less than 60 mm/hg on room air at rest.
    6. You’re impaired by cardiovascular disease or cardiac condition to the extent that your functional limitations are classified as Class III or IV under standards accepted by the American Heart Association.
    7. You have a disability resulting from an acute sensitivity to automobile emissions which limits or impairs your ability to walk. Your physician, physician assistant, or advanced registered nurse practitioner must document that the disability is comparable in severity to the others listed above.
    8. You’re legally blind and have limited mobility.
    9. You have acute sensitivity to light associated with a form of porphyria that would significantly benefit from a decrease in exposure to light. Porphyria refers to a group of inheritable metabolic disorders in which exposure to light can result in burning, blistering, swelling, and scarring of the skin.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    A few years ago, I was at Meijer and saw a red Mustang zip into a handicapped spot. This dude hopped out and literally jogged into the store. I had a fresh dip in and casually threw it on his hood. It was was over 90º and im sure it baked in through the clear coat :)