Polk 703 vs s60

Options
I am seeing 703s on sale and wondering how they compare to s60s which I already own. Would the 703s be an upgrade for 2-channel listening? I know apples and oranges, bookies vs towers.
Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    I think you will change your mind if you hear the 703's. Polk's LSI M series gives you a whole lot of speaker for the money.

Heard them at a customer's house, powered with NAD gear. Sounded good enough that I bought the 705's without demoing them. Was surprised at the bass response, but he lifted up, whatever you call one of those covers over an end table, and there was a little DefTech Supercube hidden under there.

Definite upgrade.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I am itching for some sort of upgrade but I do REALLY LIKE my s60s and money is probably better spent elsewhere on my rig. Just seeing the 703s so cheap got me thinking. ...
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    That open box deal at Adorama with 703's and a 704 center and free shipping seems like a no-brainer. That's the set-up I'm currently using on my second system as a HT with just a Pioneer Elite SC-05 and a Samsung plasma in my small living room and I don't even feel the need for a sub at the moment. I'm liking it more and more as time goes on.