Lumin D1

Options
I didn't know if I should put this in digital or here. I have had the Lumin d1 for several months now with Sbooster power supply. So far, I am still digging the sound of this streamer /dac! Warm detailed and not digital sounding at all. I hate using this phrase but almost tube like. I have ripped my entire collection to wav. It didn't matter what streamer / computer I have I can hear the difference between wav and flac.

i have been doing most of my listening between my rips and Tidal. I can hear the difference between them ( rips better) until recently. Lumin went full MQA and now I'm split, some stuff sounds better on my rips and some sound better on full MQA. Some are close but you can tell the mastering or version was slightly different soon them, it's more personal preference.

I can't say MQA is more accurate but it's darn pleasing sounding. More bloom, wider soundstage, vocals seem more in front vs the non MQA version on tidal. The lumin has the MQA symbols on the MQA version so you don't have to dig all over to find out what one is MQA or not. I have been listening to a lot at 24/96. Some are above this rate and some 24/48. I can say I definitely hear the difference on full MQA through the dac difference with MQA being much better and pleasing sounding. It seems to take the digital edge off quite a bit and the combo of the lumin's sweet sound and MQA is excellent!

mqsmp2spyhlr.png

Mello morning after DJ for kids stuff yesterday. I needed something that wasn't urban or something that gave my 18's ev dj subs a workout.
Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    fqs539zv07eq.png

Full MQA @ 24/96
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    24/192. MQA 5ll9xz1p0dbm.png