Motorcyle sound system advice.

Im currently in the middle of a bike build. I love Polk speakers and am going to be running them on my bike, however I need help picking out an amp to run everything.
I will be running 4 speakers on my front fairing and 2 speakers on my saddle bags.
the 4 speakers on my fairing are 6.5inch Polk MM6501
the 2 speakers on my saddle bags are 6x9 Polk MM691
my issue is trying to find an amp. all of the speakers are 2.7 ohm
I am looking to build a crazy loud system.
I am also looking for a small in size amp as I plan to install it in my front fairing.
can anyone give me a recommendation on what amp would be best for my setup.

Comments

• Hey Projectbagger,

On my 2014 Streetglide I'm wanting to add the DB652 in fairing DB692 in saddlebags.
    Any advice on what amp I can install in the front fairing?

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    This is what I'm toying with for my 2016 SGS . . .any experience with JM products?

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=49
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Soundstream's li'l Blue Wonder comes to mind. It's a 2 channel high current unit that can handle a load like that, but at 2.7 ohms per unit, the front 4 will be wired in series pairs for a 5.4 ohm load. The rears will need a separate amp for fill or just forget the rear as they'll be fairly useless against the exhaust sound.
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Glenndog if your not already a member you really should check out the audio section on the HDForumn. Some very knowledge guys over there. I think For the money you can get way better than the JM stuff. Also check out biketronics.
    I actually have a 2017 SGS that I have started collecting parts for a stereo upgrade.

BaggerSound there are quite a few amps that fit in the fairing. I went with the arc moto 600.4. Some others are cerwin vega b52 and b54. Jl audio mx 500/4. Several others too. Check out HDForumn audio section.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Will do, Thanks quickr1
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12