Texas Hurricane

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2017
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2017
    ^^^^^Good one John
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    The Chief's Backwards Rain Dance
    https://youtu.be/IOyvGdFdfdM
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I wonder how the new $72 million high school football stadium outside Houston will fare?

It's about three miles north of me. Yep, right next to the old stadium...biggest waste of frickin money ever. What a damn traffic nightmare.

And, now they are coming back for another $700million bond. See, we rejected the bond for a $65m stadium, then they supposedly cut the cost to about $55m and bundled it with an $800m bond two years ago...seem to have left out the cost of the parking lot and other things they needed in there. They lied to us and idiots voted for it. Turns out they went ahead and spend the extra money after miraculously finding money from other projects.

The district is almost $2billion in debt already.

• txcoastal1
    WTF
    This sum-biscuit gonna linger till Wednesday as a TS....I've got work to do

gjo77by6lufs.jpg

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Job security? Or work for yourself?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    edited August 2017
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Job security? Or work for yourself?

I guess it can work both ways
    Got new construction obviously will be held up, but can have a boat load of service repairs if its messed up

Win win I guess except I hold an annual opening day Dove Hunt Labor Day weekend for my guys in San Antonio next weekend :/

• BlueFox
    Water soaked birds should be easy game. :).

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    Prayers being said for you Ron and everyone along the Texas coast. Harvey sounds like a very dangerous storm guys. I have several friends along the coast and just inland who have decided to stay, One in Port Lavaca, which is forecast to have 40" of rain, plus storm surge, and hurricane force winds. I'm praying she and her kids will be OK. You guys on the bad side of this storm may be in for a rough time. From the sounds of the forecast, this may be another Alison like storm with unbelievable flooding. If Harvey does as forecast, it will meander around the coast dumping tons of rain for several days. Please be safe Ron.

Any updates Doug on your Port Lavaca friends

I spoke to my extended family in Corpus and they are OK

This is gonna be a long one b/c Harvey ain't moving out any time soon
    Forecasters screwed the pooch on this one

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Yeah, these slow moving coastal churner types have always been bad on the east coast, kicking up storm surge and dumping tons of rain over extended periods. This is what we're not equipped for - flooding, and downed trees from over saturation.

Often these storms'll lose power and quickly dissipate over land, but when they stall on the coast and don't depower, it gets bad.

Hang in there TX...
    I disabled signatures.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Does Texas float on water? We'll find out soon! :wink:
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • dkfreebird wrote: »
    Might need to wear the visor backwards so it doesn't blow off. :D

Put the leading edge of the visor in a bench vise and put a 90* bend in. Then when wearing backwards it acts as a wing for more down force. Works really well when you're out on your Harley.
  • And don't forget, if you're within 1 second to the car or bike in front of you when you get to a DRS zone you can take it off for less down force and gain 12-16 MPH more top end speed.

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    How's everyone in TX this morning?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • txcoastal1
    edited August 2017
    To early to tell, Rockport and Port Lavaca got hammered...lot of oil refineries in Port Lavaca so we'll see. They are south down the coast from me. Boliver lost 3 homes to fire which is on the other side of the bay from Galveston

So that's a 200mi stretch in perspective

We'll see how the flooding plays out, have 4 more days of rain in the forecast

Hope all stay well that are in the path

This is why I moved off the island after Ike, still in Galveston county, but don't feel the need to live THAT close to the beach anymore

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    I get that. I used to live on the barrier island Hilton Head. After several evacs in the 90's we moved off island. Glad we did with Matthew last year.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Hope all of you down there are OK. Stay safe!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • BlueFox
    You still have power and Internet access, so that's a good sign.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Is everybody in that area accounted for yet?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    Katy had a tornado?? at 5am
    @DollarDave

Screwed up stuff at Buc-ee's

• treitz3
    From the images we are seeing, there is widespread severe damage. Anybody hear from Doug lately?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Harvey downgraded to TS. Glad to see Harvey is weaken quite a bit. Let's hope rains doesn't do a lot more damage than it already did!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Katy had a tornado?? at 5am
    @DollarDave

Screwed up stuff at Buc-ee's

We're okay so far. If you drew a line between the two tornado touchdowns our place is right on that line halfway between them....just off of 1493 and cinco ranch blvd.

Did your new buckees take any damage?

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Jeeze late to the party on this one - stay safe TX Polkies, hopefully the worst is over and cleanup is swift with little real damage!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• treitz3
    Doug is the one I am worried about. Anybody heard from him?

Tom
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    I have not. He is in Austin.

Cheers
  • BlueFox
    Probably has other things on his mind, assuming he still has power and Internet access.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    Responded. No contact.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    Sent him a text
    If the rain keeps up like the last 6hrs
    House will flood. Neighbor has never flooded but gutters have been breached for 6hrs straight. Got 3" in an hr