Texas Hurricane

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Not much I can do it about it as it's to late to run.

Corpus and that area has already run mandatory evac leaving little places to go.

All we can do is hunker down. Not my first rodeo, wife is BOI and I've been around here for 29yrs

Worst case scenario I go to the ranch if I need AC and shelter so me good in the neighborhood....grew up a country boy ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    DSkip wrote: »
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Might need to wear the visor backwards so it doesn't blow off. :D

No need Dennis. That thing has fused to his forehead. If the visor goes, so does Ron.

Sum ya' guys jealous that I still have hair @50 and the rest of ya that it's not gray :D:D:D:o:o:oB)B)B)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    and Skip's not even 40 :p

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

No need Dennis. That thing has fused to his forehead. If the visor goes, so does Ron.

Sum ya' guys jealous that I still have hair @50 and the rest of ya that it's not gray :D:D:D:o:o:oB)B)B)

Only his hairdresser knows for sure...

41wy3RX9XJL.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Not much I can do it about it as it's to late to run.

Corpus and that area has already run mandatory evac leaving little places to go.

All we can do is hunker down. Not my first rodeo, wife is BOI and I've been around here for 29yrs

Worst case scenario I go to the ranch if I need AC and shelter so me good in the neighborhood....grew up a country boy ;)

Fill the bathtub & if have too you can boil it for 5 minutes on a Coleman stove for safe drinking water.
    Had a tornado come thru here several years ago & I wasnt prepared at the time.
    It was a DISASTER!
    Killed 5 & I had to cut tree after tree to drive the 20 miles to the grocery store!

Tub won't be their after a tornado ;)

i have plenty of reserve
    My truck will get me 600mi before I need fuel. I have trailers and another 35gal of diesel which will get me another 550miles

Cut it in half because of traffic ....I get to the ranch which is 365mi. have AC and internet there...insurance will take care of the rest

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    edited August 2017
    ^^^ LOL (the hair visor)

yeah man, in all seriousness though, Ron, be safe. I know you got'cher wits about'cha, and will do so. It's weird - seems like everywhere's been seeing an unusual spike in storms intensity over the past several years. Here in VB we used to yawn at hurricanes, but we got whooped a couple of times over the past ten years. Other places are seeing more catastrophic damage - these flood prone areas seem to be getting hammered to greater degree :/
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    I came home from Hurricane Ike to early

Lived without city water, electricity, generator, plumbing, sewage etc for over 10days....been there done that

• txcoastal1
    edited August 2017
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Whatever dude, just trying to help.
    Ive been thru it.
    I didnt get blown away (my bathtub would have been fine).
    I had to deal with the devastation tho, many times here over the years.

Just trying to tell you I'm about as ready as I can be

It's the sit and wait time now

Love ya man ;)

• txcoastal1
    This storm wouldn't be such a freak if it wasn't from the north winds trying to push through

The flooding may be intense as this storm may double back and ride the coast line and dump mass amounts of rain

• txcoastal1

41wy3RX9XJL.jpg

Look
    no visor

syx2hylssvqc.jpg
    wjssn8xfe680.jpg

• txcoastal1
    But Mike has boogies

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453

Whoa, I've got tons of hair,,,it's just all on my back.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    I'm late to the party. Stay safe everyone.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    In all seriousness stay safe all this looks a few days of the real deal...... have friends in SA and Houston and the stores are already empty................
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569

41wy3RX9XJL.jpg

Look
    no visor

syx2hylssvqc.jpg
    wjssn8xfe680.jpg

Looks like another case of Photoshop by Rich to me.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Good luck TX.
    Where exactly are you located?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Stay safe TX Polkies.

https://youtu.be/nO23B5C_Mcw
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Prayers being said for you Ron and everyone along the Texas coast. Harvey sounds like a very dangerous storm guys. I have several friends along the coast and just inland who have decided to stay, One in Port Lavaca, which is forecast to have 40" of rain, plus storm surge, and hurricane force winds. I'm praying she and her kids will be OK. You guys on the bad side of this storm may be in for a rough time. From the sounds of the forecast, this may be another Alison like storm with unbelievable flooding. If Harvey does as forecast, it will meander around the coast dumping tons of rain for several days. Please be safe Ron.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • txcoastal1
    Thanks guys

I'm in League City...ie Galveston County

Yous guys south and even west of me stay off the roads
    Skip, you may rethink the trip to SA
    Buc-ee's Port Lavavca store went off line a few hours ago so I know the generators are down now too can't log into the CCTV system any more

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,525
    msg wrote: »
    Ron, I just responded to your invitation to the silent auction once your looting runs are complete. I missed the last couple.

I'll be the one looted :/

Wonder if I can walk out of your house with those Dynaudio's over each shoulder fast enough to beat your 12 gauge lol...

I'd leave the amps as I dont have a dolly hehehe
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Got plenty of food and water and the generator is ready to fire. We "should be" good over on the west side of Houston. But, who knows?

Grocery stores are out of pretty much everything except frozen food. Which is fine if you have a generator..
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    edited August 2017
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    DollarDave wrote: »
    Got plenty of food and water and the generator is ready to fire. We "should be" good over on the west side of Houston. But, who knows?

Grocery stores are out of pretty much everything except frozen food. Which is fine if you have a generator..

Sounds like a scene from Sharknato....fire up the chain saw pal, be prepared.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906

41wy3RX9XJL.jpg

I've seen that visor/hair....a squirrel was sporting the same one yesterday. Now I'll think of Ron every time I see a squirrel.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,889
    Stay Safe TX Polkies!!!! :#
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Harvey is now a cat 3 hurricane
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Might reach cat 4 by landfall very dangerous. Might hit east of Corpus Christi
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |