Texas Hurricane

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
edited August 2017 in The Clubhouse
Prayers to all you Texas folks. Don't take risks, be careful. You'll be on our minds tonight when our knees hit the floor. God Bless.

This storm is well organized and slow moving---not good. Slow=maximum surge.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Probably another Allison
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Yea..not to mention the torrential rain..up to 20 inches in some spots..not good!..
  • txcoastal1
    We've already had 6" this month and may double/triple
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    DSkip wrote: »
    Hopefully it will die down considerably before it hits San Antonio. I'm heading down either way.

Good luck Ron, and all you other Houstonites.

And all those yellow poles with numbers on them....don't ignore them when all you see is 7 and 8 ;)

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Good luck to all and stay safe!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • steveinaz
    edited August 2017
    In Arizona we have a "Stupid Motorist Law" (that's really its name) if you drive into deep water and get stuck, YOU pay for your rescue, on top of being ticketed. Many people don't know this, but flash flooding cause more deaths that Hurricanes and tornados combined.

Get that generator gased up, and freeze some gallon jugs of water.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Prayers for safety for everyone.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • txcoastal1
    steveinaz wrote: »

Done and done

• txcoastal1
    2-days ago they thought it was only going to be a TD/TS....pffft
    Yesterday they said it was going to be a TS/Cat1....pffft
    Today Holy Shiite this is going to be a major storm
    Like they always say in Texas, "if you don't like the weather....wait 30min it'll change"

p8jmmtne92zc.png

• steveinaz
    It's organizing fast, and that's scary. Be careful bubba.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Stay safe Texans! We're building another one over here off the Florida peninsula - tropical low and already strong rotation. But, nothing like this:

vis_lalo-animated.gif
  • txcoastal1
    Stay safe Texans! We're building another one over here off the Florida peninsula - tropical low and already strong rotation. But, nothing like this:

Nothing like this today ;)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Wow a monster of a storm....
    More booze
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    steveinaz wrote: »
    In Arizona we have a "Stupid Motorist Law" (that's really its name) if you drive into deep water and get stuck, YOU pay for your rescue, on top of being ticketed. Many people don't know this, but flash flooding cause more deaths that Hurricanes and tornados combined.

I always thought people who caused major accidents and are clearly at fault should be liable for the cleanup costs and damage to public property....but that's just me.

• txcoastal1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wow a monster of a storm....
    More booze

Stocked up...gonna be a party

If we lose power gonna be chillin' and grillin' wild game and fish!!!!

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Might need to wear the visor backwards so it doesn't blow off. :D
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1
    Lick it DK :D:D:D

• txcoastal1

• txcoastal1
    Allison was a TS 35" of rain in Houston....Mother Natures stimulus package

duivdbuoq9sk.jpg

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Ron, I just responded to your invitation to the silent auction once your looting runs are complete. I missed the last couple.
    I disabled signatures.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    That looks like a big'n. Be safe Ron.
  • txcoastal1
    msg wrote: »
    Ron, I just responded to your invitation to the silent auction once your looting runs are complete. I missed the last couple.

I'll be the one looted :/

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

I'll be the one looted :/

Them some bold funofasitches