kinda quiet here lately

2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    edited August 2017
    erniejade wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I just picked up a couple cases for a possible TS/Hurricane party :)
    Trans S3xual Hurricane party?

Oh mman ROFLMAO......
    KILLING ME Brian
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Whoa.....there was a line and you took the 1pm bullet train to Way-Pastville doing a buck eighty :D

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    It was once said that "Nature abhors a vaccum" due to it's instability to maintain cohesion.
    Spoken by Phil Hossifer....Paul Gossamer....G Hossifat...

Aristotle!

I beg to differ.......gqc4onfr6fym.jpg
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It was once said that "Nature abhors a vaccum" due to it's instability to maintain cohesion.
    Spoken by Phil Hossifer....Paul Gossamer....G Hossifat...

Aristotle!

I beg to differ.......gqc4onfr6fym.jpg

Dang Doc Jr. More words I have to Google ...
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2017
    I usually get on at work but we are in the busy "back to school" season, plus I have my daughter full time now but I lurk! Still loving that Conn RCA clear top in my headphone amp! ;)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Ever get your amp operational again?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    edited August 2017
    lightman1 wrote: »
    gqc4onfr6fym.jpg
    HOT DAMN SON
    N8MB0OH.jpg

I think those babies need to rotate back to my house for a bit :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,024
    edited August 2017
    Ever get your amp operational again?

Yes, but then it started running really hot (may have been the 2A3s I had in it -- they sounded great, but their history was unknown & I have no way to test). Switched to Sovteks and it seemed well behaved, but the last time I listened to it, one channel was intermittently dropping in level... which I took to be a bad sign, so it's been pulled out of service again 'til I can do some actual forensics on it ;)

Meanwhile, the Bottlehead Paramours, sort of like the sorta plain young woman next door (I am not being literal here, do understand!) were there, waiting for my fling with the hot mademoiselle to end...

35012452392_88f03899cc_b.jpgDSC_8376 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

(assuming you were asking me and not. Dr. Photon ;))
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,046
    Was away to Colorado on a vacation & Completing A Task.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

35012452392_88f03899cc_b.jpgDSC_8376 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

(assuming you were asking me and not. Dr. Photon ;))

Are those little Sombreros on your IC's? ;)

cxpb71xtfv0q.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I just picked up a couple cases for a possible TS/Hurricane party :)

Well looks like the party is on....round round round he goes where he stops nobody know

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/blog/2017/08/24/thursday-morning-harvey-intensifying-faster-than-expected-dangerous-flooding-and-wind-event-forecast-for-texas/

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Stay safe!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    erniejade wrote: »
    Stay safe!

Forget that...

Stay thirsty my friend :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)