Noise theory...Internal SSD, USB HD, or DNLA

2»

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I am weary of the chase. Are you guys sure about DNLA?
  • afterburnt
    Oh and I just busted my good sounding portable HD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    all dang Sorry Bruce.

myself I still really liking the internal SSD 1 TB drive i have in my Mini and have no plans to switch to external or NAS at this time!

As I started a song on my mini and my SACD at the same time and use the source button on my preamp to switch between them and my Hi-Rz files sounded just as good as the SACD for the most part depending on which album I was playing.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • afterburnt
    "IMO USB is the best choice for Aries Mini, though it can be further helped by adding galvanic isolation. I use Intona USB Isolator (industrial edition) for this.

Also, as with the Aries Femto & Aries LE, the sound of the Mini can be improved as follows:

* Avoid adding local storage (increases electrical noise)
    * Stream in WAV (PCM) instead of FLAC/ALAC/MP3 etc. to remove the stream decompression workload from Mini's processor
    * I take advantage of MinimStreamer to do FLAC-to-WAV decoding on the NAS
    * Use good linear power supply to replace the included SMPS"

From some other bb
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    My internal SSD maybe adding some noise?

but it is so kənˈvēnyənt to use the SSD with the Lightning app that I could never go back to external or using a NAS/PC setup o:)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD