Club Polk Perception

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Nothing but the dead and dying hoist by their own MIT cables.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Refined???? It's cheese and gravy :D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    FTGV wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Isn't that against the Geneva convention
    We would only use that as a last resort in a scorched earth scenario.

Thanks Fred you had me worried just a smidgen...

Quick someone take Bieber out :p

Edit NSA i was just joking Bieber will not be hurt

He wont feel a thing
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    FTGV wrote: »

Isn't that against the Geneva convention
    We would only use that as a last resort in a scorched earth scenario.

Thanks Fred you had me worried just a smidgen...

We do have limits to our cruelty.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    poutine is (are?) a wonderful guilty pleasure.
    We get it (them) here due to our geographic proximity to... well... you know...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    The Canadians are cool, it's the French people from up north I can't handle.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    nbrowser wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Kerry, mec, je me sens désintéressé. D'abord comme un Canadien et maintenant comme un faux français. J'ai eu un os à choisir avec vous maintenant! Maintenant, allez trouver un moyen de traduire ceci et d'être heureux!

And the horse you rode in on! :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2017

Kerry, mec, je me sens désintéressé. D'abord comme un Canadien et maintenant comme un faux français. J'ai eu un os à choisir avec vous maintenant! Maintenant, allez trouver un moyen de traduire ceci et d'être heureux!

Haha!
    Disinterested false Frenchman!

Why are "pick" and "choose" synonomous there but different in English?
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453

Huh??? Is that Spanish?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Refined???? It's cheese and gravy :D:D:D

LMAO....YEP, not even real cheese but cheese Kurds to boot. Real cheddar /chili fries is the bomb.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2

Huh??? Is that Spanish?

Jibberwockey.

Thought you were a little far north for cajun
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    This place has always been more than just a forum for me. On multiple occasions some have clearly voiced that it was too personal (usually new people) and we had to step in to advise them that's how it is here. I always tell people in person when they have questions about speakers that this is the place to start. That is regardless of their brand preference since a large majority of users don't even use Polk anymore but stay for the community. That speaks volumes (literally). In other forums it's like tumbleweeds roll around, but they also are usually very biased onto the brand that's there. You'd think that'd be the case here, but it's not. It's about knowledge and everyone's willingness to pool their experiences with all products to help anyone who may stumble in.

When people get sick, at the very least we chime in. When people's pets, or heaven forbid the people themselves die - we chime in. I've always found that the case here. I may not come in every day - but I always return home.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    F1nut wrote: »
    There's more words in John's post than I write here in a year.

That's quite the feat for someone with such a big mouth ;)
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • txcoastal1
    Hear Hear Tony, "gimpod, the man himself" has quite the legacy. The boards and all the info he's put together over the years....WHY...just because it's helpful to others

Cheers
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Doesnt matter if your an "Ole Timer" or not if it disappears...
    We will all "DISAPPEAR TOGETHER"!

That's true but if Club Polk has to stoop to the lowest common denominator then it should disappear as by then it will at best be like any other forum or worse useless. Club Polk should be better than other audio forums. JMO
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Hear Hear Tony, "gimpod, the man himself" has quite the legacy. The boards and all the info he's put together over the years....WHY...just because it's helpful to others

Cheers

Thanks man love the ego pump!. :blush:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    gimpod wrote: »

And most importantly to @westmassguy thanks and welcome back but take it easy and remember your health is more important than anything else so take it easy.

Thanks Tony. Still some brain fog, but otherwise doing OK all things considered.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • txcoastal1
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Holly Crap I just found my first post EVER on this forum!
    Nov 2010 (my bad).
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/109281/ever-ride-horses

So have you turned into Mark and now have a better relationship with the horse????

• pitdogg2
    That was a great start to what we all know today....drainbamaged....

A lot of folks we do not see anymore....