Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Humor is good but don't temp him. He'll even proceed it by a , "Hey y'all, watch this!".

We did an interview with Bob years ago where he had touched on all of the information you would ever want to know about why he winded his own transformers, what the mathmatical difference was with his winding and how he winded them. It's out there in internet land somewhere if you are really that interested.

Bob didn't do jack for Emotiva BF. Emotiva basically wanted Sunfire's rights and Bob got paid royally for them, they split quickly and Bob started his 5th audio company, Bob Carver Corp. Bob Carver, LLC is what Emotiva owns IIRC.

Tom

And "here, hold my beer."

You forgot... "WATCH THIS" first ! :D

Nope it was referenced in the Tom quote in kerrys post
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Tom, you got any pics of you sitting in Bob's lap telling him what you want for Xmas ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Tom, you got any pics of you sitting in Bob's lap telling him what you want for Xmas ;)

Hehehehe..... not ones that can be shown publically :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Bob and Tom have the same haircut.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Agreed Russ.

Ron - Haha...no, but I have a shot somewhere to where we are both signing each other's bald heads with the gold pen. Bob is as cool and down to Earth as one can get. I have enjoyed many a talk about life and audio, interview(s) and just a casual conversation at the cabins next to a crackling fire whilst overlooking the beautiful mountainside.

The man is an audio genius IMO.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Bob didn't do jack for Emotiva BF.

Didn't say he did. I just remembered the amp ads before that, and after that they stopped. If memory serves me correct. I am getting into land-o-senile, so excuse me if the ads continued after that.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    I am sure Bob's a super cool guy and I am sure he enjoys making tube amps. I also think tube amps are his best creation after the original ALS.

I also have seen a ton of Bob's FAQ style ebay auctions and it's usually where I found his informative with humorous replies to the other parties.

May be he did show the math for his transformers somewhere but I don't recall seeing one. But I haven't been reading a lot about him lately and it's been quite some time since I saw his ebay auctions.

I sure miss Gary too! He is a very cool Carver fanatics and been very helpful with the Carver questions when I was a newb over at the original Carver forum.

Oh boy, it's been years since I last visited both Carver forums. I don't even know if both still exist or just one left. The reality is that I don't even visit CP that often. I think my days are getting a little boring for sure. lol
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Fargin canuck....

B)

Butchoo guuuuuuyz like ME! lol

We deal with you Ken just cause have the cool mountie uniform :p
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Dudley Do Right sucks? There goes another hero down the drain of history. :'(

tigjsfmeq2nt.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Oi! I say we invade Canada tonight!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Funny how this thread turned into Carverfest...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Its morphed several ways.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Funny how this thread turned into Carverfest...

I don't mind the Carver talk. I don't visit their site so getting a little Carver knowledge here is a good thing, for me.
    I do not go to carver site either. I need a Carver fix at one time I'd just fire up the rig.
    Now i just cry a little :'(
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

tigjsfmeq2nt.jpeg

L to R: Snidley Whiplash, Dudley Do Right, Nell, Horse

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Excellent advice ! I don't know exactly what they're up to, but it appears that they're sneaking up on us. Quietly, of course, so as to not disturb or inconvenience anyone

z7j1sfm3r9m6.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options

Excellent advice ! I don't know exactly what they're up to, but it appears that they're sneaking up on us. Quietly, of course, so as to not disturb or inconvenience anyone

z7j1sfm3r9m6.jpg
    Watch out @mhardy6647 they are getting might close to you lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    we get their coins all of the time in change... it's subversive, that's what it is.

;)
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options

Got ahead try it! You will get your ars#s beat so bad with composite hockey sticks you will be crying for your mommies.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not to mention gettin' boilin' maple syrup poured on one. The TDS in maple syrup is so high that the boiling point's really high too!

I've also heard they have trebuchets and have been known to pelt invaders with day-old Tim Hortons donuts.

Don't say I didn't warn ye.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Don't forget the Psycologucal Warfare of blasting Celene Dion 24/7.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »

Add Bieber :'(:s>:)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »

Add Bieber :'(:s>:)

Isn't that against the Geneva convention
  • megasat16
    Options
    Look at the mess at the border town in Quebec. It looks like a payback. :p
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • FTGV
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Nah they are just sneeking over for the great poutine.

• FTGV
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Isn't that against the Geneva convention
    We would only use that as a last resort in a scorched earth scenario.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »

Had to google that. Canucks version of chili/cheese fries

• megasat16
    edited August 2017
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »

I actually don't mind to try some poutine myself. My friends said they brought over some Tamales, Burritos, and Chicharron for the locals. Chicharon goes great with the poutine, I hear! :D