RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    Just ordered the personalized plate for the car...

UWILLUZ... B)
    i had that on my 1987 grand national
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    I was curious how you loaded your Demon?
    I just got a 2017 Dodge Durango R/T and it's awesome.
    I'm also considering a SRT down the road or Hellcat. The Demon is wicked but I thought it was kinda stripped down because it's a race car? Like no rug or passenger seats. You have to pay for them if you want them etc.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    But if you want it to be worth a million dollars in 20 years you can't drive it. So where is the joy?

BTW congrats

million dollars :* ?????

A million dollars.
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited August 2017

Ok. Bye!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2017

I hope you feel better.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Yet they said the superbirds would never be worth squat.....
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    Everyone said the same thing about the Ford Mustang Cobra R about being a collectible, and the prices for those are nowhere near what they were new.

Yeah but the Cobra R in it's quickest stock form took twice as long to get to 60 MPH, and had almost half the horsepower.

I feel the Demon is much more specialized than the Cobra R was, should at least hold it's value for a very long time, if not slightly higher.
  • Really super light? At nearly 3600 lbs.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    Really super light? At nearly 3600 lbs.

LOL My 1992 Cadillac Seville STS I bought myself for my high school graduation was 3700lbs!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    ^^^^^ Testify!!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    And If my aunt had a $&@" she be my uncle.

Seriously. Your point is a car built for a road course is faster in a road race than than a car built for the drag strip. Whoopdeedo.

The Cobra R didn't hold value because it wasn't anything special, meaning it still wasn't the best at its own game. Vipers, Vettes, Porsche, were still competing and beating the Cobra R. Hell the the G35 was pulling .90g on the skid pad in 2003.

The Demon is special..and well worth the $85k. It's the best at its own game and a one of a kind product.

It's completely disrespectful to come to this thread and call it a POS. This gentleman is proud to be a new owner and should be. I would love to own it.

If you only knew how many folks held their tongue when they seen the Emotiva amps in your equipment rack. You should offer the same level of respect.

Preach it, Brother J!
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    A very fast car but still a Dodge! I am not young to race or press the medal so I'll pass. Don't think I can afford one either. But love to drive the plain old Challenger and they are fun cars to drive. That's for sure!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • @marcpamjoce For the record I liked my Emotiva Xpa1 amps and I am not discrediting your equipment, just sayin.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Well, everyone has an opinion on something. The key is how you express it. Based on my wants and salary, $85K for a car is not in my zone. On the other hand, what I have spent on stereo and HT gear will offend much more people than buying an expensive car. To each their own. But when I win Powerball tonight then lookout. I want it all. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Well, everyone has an opinion on something. The key is how you express it. Based on my wants and salary, $85K for a car is not in my zone. On the other hand, what I have spent on stereo and HT gear will offend much more people than buying an expensive car. To each their own. But when I win Powerball tonight then lookout. I want it all. :)

If you win, you can hire me as your beer sommelier! Well versed and house broken.
  • pitdogg2
    lightman1 wrote: »

If you win, you can hire me as your beer sommelier! Well versed and house broken.

Ok well versed but far far from house broken.... :p:*
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Needs to be neutered. LOL :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2

No I would go that far now. Old dogs can be taught new tricks after all....
  • lightman1

No I would go that far now. Old dogs can be taught new tricks after all....

You're good people, Ivan. B)
  • lightman1
    la2vegas wrote: »

That's not the book on you across many territories. :D

At least the house broken part. :o

What's your address?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    edited August 2017

Well, as the Irish would say, "Adios, mon frere".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqUyNaSdvg

Sal Palooza
This discussion has been closed.