Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    My heart is full of joy I want to rip my pants
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Tape a butter knife to your foot first. Heard that works best.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Buy some leviton or Hubble hospital grade outlets from your hardware store, they cost around 15-20 bucks, and will get Your toes wet. They have nice grip, my old plugs wouldn't hold the cords and would start to unplug.

I've been curious in trying some furutech FPX gold plates outlets. They are around 90 bucks a piece. I love the furutech quality.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Anyone else tried it?

Make sure your standing in a puddle for maximum effect...ok? :)

I thought the puddle came afterward... :#
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Tape an ice cube to the toe first. I have heard something about cryogenic treatment being beneficial.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Darling, can you hear the fleas in my whiskers.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,472
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Buy some leviton or Hubble hospital grade outlets from your hardware store, they cost around 15-20 bucks, and will get Your toes wet. They have nice grip, my old plugs wouldn't hold the cords and would start to unplug.

I've been curious in trying some furutech FPX gold plates outlets. They are around 90 bucks a piece. I love the furutech quality.

I used hospital grade outlets with my dedicated circuits. I was sharing my work with Mojo Audio's owner. He complemented my work but said it would be better not to use hospital grade because their plating does not yield the best sound. He recommended Furutec copper as a great choice. I plan to swap out a couple of critical outlets in the near future.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited August 2017
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

I used hospital grade outlets with my dedicated circuits. I was sharing my work with Mojo Audio's owner. He complemented my work but said it would be better not to use hospital grade because their plating does not yield the best sound. He recommended Furutec copper as a great choice. I plan to swap out a couple of critical outlets in the near future.

Good to know. I've often wondered the same thing. I will be replacing a few of the crucial ones in the future as well. My conditioner uses Hubbell audio grade, and can be replaced, I will most likely replace everything with furutech eventually.
    Post edited by mikeyb128 on
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    I ran a dedicated line myself. Easy enough to do, as I have an open attic space. Used a PS Audio plug. System powers up and house has not burned.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    What hospital grade outlet? Do you know what they were plated with? To my knowledge my hospital grade is brass but they clamp down hard on plugs which I always thought was the reason there referred as hospital grade. Surely they need to grasp good do not want life saving gear falling out.
    Obviously they're not audio grade
  • machone
    Options
    Here are Benjamin's comments regarding my recently installed dedicated circuits:

"Looks good.
    One problem: hospital grade outlets.
    Hospital grade means they plate the contact for optimal durability from oxidation in with corrosive chemicals in high-oxygen content environments.
    Not the best for audio.
    The same companies make UNPLATED high-copper content alloy contact INDUSTRIAL grade outlets that are the best sounding for the $$$.
    Also a bit less $$$ than the hospital grade"

"Hubble's best unplated industrial outlets for audiophiles - used in the "Porter Port" and many other audiophile products.
    I couldn't say which are the best today made by Hubble, but I do know they cost about $30 each not $5 each.
    And for $30 each for a Hubble or equivalent I would spend $70 and entry level Furutech."

Benjamin Zwickel
    Owner, Mojo Audio
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• pitdogg2
    Options
    High O2 makes sense. Didn't think about that.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Here are Benjamin's comments regarding my recently installed dedicated circuits:

"Looks good.
    One problem: hospital grade outlets.
    Hospital grade means they plate the contact for optimal durability from oxidation in with corrosive chemicals in high-oxygen content environments.
    Not the best for audio.
    The same companies make UNPLATED high-copper content alloy contact INDUSTRIAL grade outlets that are the best sounding for the $$$.
    Also a bit less $$$ than the hospital grade"

"Hubble's best unplated industrial outlets for audiophiles - used in the "Porter Port" and many other audiophile products.
    I couldn't say which are the best today made by Hubble, but I do know they cost about $30 each not $5 each.
    And for $30 each for a Hubble or equivalent I would spend $70 and entry level Furutech."

Benjamin Zwickel
    Owner, Mojo Audio

I can do these
  • machone
    Options
    As mentioned before Doug carries the Furutech brand
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »

Everyone carries Furutech.

Yeah, but, Doug's a good guy and is a forum member, and, I think he offers a discount to forum members.
  • kharp1
    Options
    I was a sucker and bought a Pangea http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGNPRXL to try and see if it made a difference. Now I just need to install it. I question if it will, but, I've questioned other things in the chain only to be surprised. I'm just one of those guys that will get it just to see in hopes I can say"ehh, don't waste your money"
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Doug has moved up to top tier status, and can make better deals now....just an FYI
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Heck i found a difference in the 25$ pass & seymour orange isolated ground outlet. Beat the snot out of the standard outlet.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Doug has moved up to top tier status, and can make better deals now....just an FYI

I will check with him first, he was always very cool with me.
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Options
    We have several different receptacles that are a great upgrade from the standard and hospital grade ones. Any Club Polk members will get a 10% discount off retail pricing. We also have some on sale right now. Please PM me or go to our website and click on contact us. Let me know what you need and your Club Polk handle. If you have any questions I'll be happy to try to answer them. Thanks Guys :)
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I aint clikin it
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I reported it
    He posted in 2 threads
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Smells like......spam

Something Posing As Meat?

Poser like your punanani fries :D

• kharp1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Chips?? You guys French or English??
    They're Freedom Fries...
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Smells like......spam
    Sorry you feel that way Jesse. I have been mentioned several times in this thread, and posted links I thought were helpful.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com