Club Polk Perception

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    heiney9 wrote: »

Again, if you don't care for it here, then no one is stopping you from moving along to someplace you do care for. I for one am sick of reading your passive/aggressive biching about how this place isn't up to your standards and how on one is helpful to you. You reap what you sow. I wouldn't answer a single question for you simply based on your condescending and passive/aggressive attitude towards the entire forum.

No one will care if you leave because this place isn't your personal "safe" space.

Geez

H9
    As has been suggested earlier in this thread, maybe in the not too distant future we will be able to have an audio gtg and share our passion for Polk Audio speakers.

Don't count on it.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited August 2017
    Jstas wrote: »
    I wanted to weigh in on some things here....

Thanks Jstas. This, or something similar, should be added to the "Rules of Engagement" and should be required reading prior to joining the forum.

pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea funny steve. K_M was taking to task today by KENcs in the closed sda thread. She still danced

Are SDAs becoming a controversial topic similar to high performance cables?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Crackhead
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    lightman1 wrote: »

Again, if you don't care for it here, then no one is stopping you from moving along to someplace you do care for. I for one am sick of reading your passive/aggressive biching about how this place isn't up to your standards and how on one is helpful to you. You reap what you sow. I wouldn't answer a single question for you simply based on your condescending and passive/aggressive attitude towards the entire forum.

No one will care if you leave because this place isn't your personal "safe" space.

Geez

H9
    As has been suggested earlier in this thread, maybe in the not too distant future we will be able to have an audio gtg and share our passion for Polk Audio speakers.

Don't count on it.

But where is your sense of humor.

We discussed this type of thing when we met up for me to get the Salamander from Dan.

Usually a lot of fun in person, drink, talk, enjoy music, drink, ta, drink, enj, drink.

What were we talking about??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited August 2017

My last comment is that perhaps when you discover that everyone on a given forum, this one or otherwise, has a problem with you, and you alone, and that one fact is the only consistent thing tying everything together, perhaps the issue doesn't lie with them,but in some behavior you continue to repeat.

I find this comment somewhat disturbing. I am hoping it was meant in jest, although you implied you do not jest with someone you do not know well.
    I find it quite hard to believe that "Everyone" on this forum has a problem with DuB, and likewise hard to believe you have spoken to literally everyone about him.

I will even agree with you, at times, some of his comments seem :out of place" or could cause some of the backlash you mention, but to literally insinuate, Every person on the forum has some issue with him?

I see the same 8-12 guys Bashing him, and a few others people, no matter what they say, then then going back and piling on over and over again, almost as if it is entertainment or a way to fight boredom.

I seem to remember someone telling me about being embarrassed by how several in the forum behave.......... :*

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    lightman1 wrote: »

Geez

H9

Don't count on it.
    In my minds eye..it would be like a big reunion or wedding where everyone would be drinking like a fish,and someone would bring up an issue that happened 20 years ago or so and then all hell would break loose!!..Hey what is that I hear?..The paddy wagons coming!...LMFAO!..
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    ]I was promised audio paradice when I joined. I got mine!!

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I got a rock....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I wanna rock.
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Cue twisted sister
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    polrbehr wrote: »
    K_M wrote: »

My last comment is that perhaps when you discover that everyone on a given forum, this one or otherwise, has a problem with you, and you alone, and that one fact is the only consistent thing tying everything together, perhaps the issue doesn't lie with them,but in some behavior you continue to repeat.

I find this comment somewhat disturbing. I am hoping it was meant in jest, although you implied you do not jest with someone you do not know well.
    I find it quite hard to believe that "Everyone" on this forum has a problem with DuB, and likewise hard to believe you have spoken to literally everyone about him.

I will even agree with you, at times, some of his comments seem :out of place" or could cause some of the backlash you mention, but to literally insinuate, Every person on the forum has some issue with him?

I see the same 8-12 guys Bashing him, and a few others people, no matter what they say, then then going back and piling on over and over again, almost as if it is entertainment or a way to fight boredom.

I seem to remember someone telling me about being embarrassed by how several in the forum behave.......... :*

I will come right out and ask you. If this place is so horrible/intolerable, why not just
    stay away? When I joined this place, I acted like an a$$ on several occasions, got into some stupid back-and-forths with a few people, and wondered why I bothered logging in again. But after awhile, it started to occur to me that - A. the stuff I thought I knew about was nothing compared to what a lot of people actually did (WTH is a noise floor, anyway?), and B. I could learn an awful lot by reading more and posting less. Hence my fairly low post count, even to this day.

Speaking only for myself, I am glad I stayed, and figured out what this place was all about.

Some just can't seem to figure it out.

Some don't want to.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    And it's always somebody else that's the problem.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    mantis wrote: »
    I'm still around from time to time.

Audioquest sucks :p
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    mantis wrote: »
    I'm still around from time to time.

Audioquest sucks :p

tenor.gif
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    Oh look cartoons
  • EndersShadow
    Oh look cartoons

My life :smile:.

5 hours of My Little Pony today... winding down with the most recent Bob Carver interview playing. Mans very interesting :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Yes he is.

You seen his recent amps? 700 watt monoblock TUBE AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pitdogg2
    Yes he is.

No just the red and black.....
    Silver Eagle's?
  • EndersShadow
    Yes he is.

No just the red and black.....
    Silver Eagle's?

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/silverseven700
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Good luck on rolling NOS tubes with those :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Tubes last 50 yrs .... i did read about that before just forgot . Tubes do not need matched
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Good luck on rolling NOS tubes with those :p

No need... he created/modified/repurposed a DC Restorer circuit, supposed to make the tubes good for 50 year according to him... :smile:
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Sweet Petunia Jane! That's a mess o' amps!