Where can you buy whitewall tires?

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Yup.

I mean, the words "2002 Dodge" would have me running for the exit before I ever even popped the hood ;)

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    tonyb wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons I hate mid 70's up, all the emissions crap, lower horsepower. A 455 from earlier years, combined with those turbo 400 tranny's were screamers. The Olds 425's could lay rubber for a block. Sleepers....that put some stock Camaro's to shame.

A friend of mine had a 1970 Buick GS 455 when we were in high school. We smoked many surprised Camaro owners with that one.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    As for the '75 455, there are some fairly simple ways to bring back a good bit of the lost hp. A lot of the smog control stuff is external and easily removed, changing the cam sprocket to an adjustable one to restore timing back to 70 specs, new/reworked carb, modern ignition, etc.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Stew wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons I hate mid 70's up, all the emissions crap, lower horsepower. A 455 from earlier years, combined with those turbo 400 tranny's were screamers. The Olds 425's could lay rubber for a block. Sleepers....that put some stock Camaro's to shame.

A friend of mine had a 1970 Buick GS 455 when we were in high school. We smoked many surprised Camaro owners with that one.

Had that car myself. Rode like a caddy, performed like a sports car. One of the best cars I ever owned, with those Buick rally wheels too. Tony totaled it out one night, drunk on my rear cruising through a closed construction site. I literally cried....loved that beast.

Another sleeper was the Olds Delmont 88, precursor to the Delta 88. That 425 in that car had some giddy-up to it.....and a trunk to please any Dago. :)

Wish I still had many of my old cars, worth a small fortune today.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Requires custom plate...

NDSWRK!

Cool car John, not the typical and I like it!

I don't think it needs as much work as it looks. From what I have seen of the car, a good detail and getting rid of that nasty set of decals removed from the trunk lid and it should shine right up. Interior looks almost new from the pictures and having a floor shift/center console in this old girl is pretty scarce.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    We had a 68 Delta88 with the 455 Olds Rocket in it. What a nice car that was.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Did the seller say if the AC still worked in it? I have some R-12 if interested. I bought several cans a few years back and sold the car that needed it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

My pops had a 71, same engine.....drove it through the rear of the garage at 15.....a brick garage. You can still see the outline today of the repair. Matter of fact, you can still see the outline of the beatin' I took too. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I also in 1973 had a 68 Delta 88, 455, 2 door maroon with white top. The top was not vinyl but painted, loved that car. A car load of drunk Puerto Ricans at night did a U-turn on the highway. I broadsided them in their 65 Pontiac Tempest. Those in the front seat were hurt severely put no deaths. The bench seat wrapped around them offering some protection. I had to be going at least 50mph upon impact. Can't say for sure on the speed, but it was not pretty.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481

My pops had a 71, same engine.....drove it through the rear of the garage at 15.....a brick garage. You can still see the outline today of the repair. Matter of fact, you can still see the outline of the beatin' I took too. :)

Blood stains are still trophy's on the belt I bet.
  • nooshinjohn
    The car will be delivered this afternoon. It was shipped by train to San Diego and is now on a flatbed truck being brought right to my front door. Pictures will be forthcoming.

I have never seen one of these cars with a center console before except in pictures, so this should be a treat.

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Is the Prius on that hauler coming your way, too?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0