Half off Amazon Prime if you have an EBT welfare card!

Options
Nuff said.Dwfnjfb75el27.png
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    If you're receiving food stamps maybe you shouldn't be spending money on Prime.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Nuff said.D
    What exactly do you mean by "Nuff said"?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    There's no way the EBT benefit should be allowed to be used for that purpose. Every American tax payer should be royally pizzed off about this.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Does Amazon sell food products at lower prices?

The ad is not for products, it's for a membership to Prime.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Package Stores in MA accept EBTs. Nothing surprises me anymore.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Nuff said. Means to me one of the richest companies in the world is giving a Prime membership half off to a group of people who are getting a tax dollar hand up to get back on their feet. A lot of people are scamming the system ,being here illegally,or just not wanting to work because the gravy train is too good and easy. Nuff said. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    There's no way the EBT benefit should be allowed to be used for that purpose. Every American tax payer should be royally pizzed off about this.

One of the many reasons why I never buy from Amazon!
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    This is smart marketing. Amazon is trying to compete for Walmart customers. The EBT card cannot be used to purchase the membership of course.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Soon your home garden is going to be against the law.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    There have been many studies showing that people who live in poor neighborhoods have less access to large grocery stores and big box stores and lack the means to get to them. Consequently, they tend to purchase close to home which means much higher prices for basic items. Free shipping simply gets more customers who would otherwise spend the money they have elsewhere. In the age of the internet it is all about having access to potential customers.

Amazon's decision was a reaction to this, and probably based on internal marketing studies and a desire to get the business that would go elsewhere. It is also a good marketing tool to attract those with greater means since it gives the impression that one of the world's largest companies cares about the welfare of those less fortunate.

Win-win for Amazon. The measly $5 a month probably doesn't cost the company anything.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nope just another cost subsidy passed to those that can. Like shipping these companies get next day air shipping for peanuts while I Joe public go in and get raped for that. I can ship something at work to east coast for 18.00. The same thing for me personally costs 72.00
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    There have been many studies showing that people who live in poor neighborhoods have less access to large grocery stores and big box stores and lack the means to get to them. Consequently, they tend to purchase close to home which means much higher prices for basic items. Free shipping simply gets more customers who would otherwise spend the money they have elsewhere. In the age of the internet it is all about having access to potential customers.

Amazon's decision was a reaction to this, and probably based on internal marketing studies and a desire to get the business that would go elsewhere. It is also a good marketing tool to attract those with greater means since it gives the impression that one of the world's largest companies cares about the welfare of those less fortunate.

Win-win for Amazon. The measly $5 a month probably doesn't cost the company anything.

Why do they need access to large grocery stores, if they don't have the money to spend there ? What they need is access to jobs, not more access to handouts that promote addiction to them.

In reality, it's local governments that keep out big chain stores to keep the mom and pop stores viable. Grocery chains, retail chains, all given a hard time when they want to invade a city. Walmart being one.

So government must then believe the poor can sustain themselves by buying stuff from mom and pop joints. How does allowing them to spend that welfare buck at Amazon help the mom and pop stores ? Double standard ? Who owns those mom and pop stores ? Maybe....people who live in those communities ?

This was not Amazon's decision, it was governments allowing that welfare to be spent at online retailers. It was their decision to offer half off prime though....to attract those welfare bucks government already green lighted.

Does Amazon have limits to what those welfare bucks can be spent on ? Betcha....not. With the amount of welfare fraud as it stands today, this amounts to one big money racket that we all pay for, and Amazon just wants a cut of it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    @KennethSwauger please shut this thread down. It'll go nowhere fast. Should've never been posted in an AUDIO forum in the first place.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes Tony, Amazon would have to follow the same rules as any brick and mortar store.
    I know, this is a hard concept to grasp.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    @KennethSwauger please shut this thread down. It'll go nowhere fast. Should've never been posted in an AUDIO forum in the first place.

The Clubhouse is open to all types of discussions.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • rooftop59
    Options

The Clubhouse is open to all types of discussions.

not political or religious, this is very clearly political in nature, or will be very soon.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ^^it was headed that way indeed.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    U turn.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @KennethSwauger will be shutting this down today. I asked him before I saw @rooftop59 's comment.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Fiddlesticks and poppycock!

In before the lock! Woooooooo!
  • vmaxer
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Fiddlesticks and poppycock!

In before the lock! Woooooooo!

Shup @lightman1
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    edited August 2017
    Options
    wwkpel2i059q.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • vmaxer
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Imagine what would happen if the PC police closed down every thread as soon as someone raised an eyebrow. When does it end?

Disconnect the brakes and put the pedal to the metal. Who's riding shotgun!!!?

Just different opinions, it's all good.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • rooftop59
    Options
    I teach political theory as well as race, gender, and class theory at a major research university. I am comfortable discussing any topic from any perspective, and do so with my students and colleagues. But it is futile (and a waste of time) on an audio forum, and it distracts from what I come here to do: discuss audio and related topics.

If you want to discuss poverty, food deserts, and the best way to deal with the problem from a political perspective, there are plenty of forums to do so.

This forum is a lot like family, and just like with family, do not talk about religion and politics (unless you don;t want to speak to your sister for the next 20 years ;-)
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Why do I have to pay full price?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I teach political theory as well as race, gender, and class theory at a major research university. I am comfortable discussing any topic from any perspective, and do so with my students and colleagues. But it is futile (and a waste of time) on an audio forum, and it distracts from what I come here to do: discuss audio and related topics.

If you want to discuss poverty, food deserts, and the best way to deal with the problem from a political perspective, there are plenty of forums to do so.

This forum is a lot like family, and just like with family, do not talk about religion and politics (unless you don;t want to speak to your sister for the next 20 years ;-)

I don't speak to any of my family, they are all penom beue beues
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I like tuttles
This discussion has been closed.