Zappa the Cat (as opposed to Zappa the Iconoclast)

Options
14210705656_26d3a13824_b.jpgDSC_1506 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

It is with no mean amount of regret that I write to inform any interested parties that Zappa the Kitteh made the transition to the infinite this afternoon in Plainfield, NH. He was the victim, as are many elderly kittehs, of kidney failure. He spent nearly 14 years with us -- and he will be missed. He was a good kitteh.

4li9qbnm7sr1.png

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    We have 6 and one it getting up there as well. We aren't looking forward to the inevitable, so we feel your pain. Any loss of a family member is a deep one.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    My condolences, I am trying to run out of pets, I cant take it anymore.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    my Condolences Doc! thanks for the pics.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Hat off for Zappa. Scratchin sofas in Kitteh Heaven...
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    My condolences, but he had a pretty good run, which is something to be proud of.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Ave atque vale, Zappa!

My sincere condolences, @mhardy6647.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, but if Mr. Zappa had any of the typical cat's habits, he'll be doing in The Great Beyond what they do here: sleep 20+ hours a day between naps while generally letting you know that they rule the roost.
    Have a safe voyage, Mr. Zappa.
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Lloyd Christmas Biron sends his condolences...

2deuqn5x6i5b.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Lloyd Christmas Biron sends his condolences...

2deuqn5x6i5b.jpg

-- and a fine lookin' tabbeh 'e is!

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Sad to hear, amazing how attached one can get to their pets.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Condolences Doc. 14yrs my man you did great. How could any cat ask for a better life <3<3<3
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Hey Doc, really sorry. It's never easy with these little guys an' gals. The holes they leave always seem somehow hugely larger than the spaces they occupied. Then again, if your little peoples are anything like ours have been, they have the run of the place. And of you.

Godspeed Liddle Zap.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    My condolences, good sir. Share some memories, if you feel so inclined. We'd love to hear them.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Zappa!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, Doc. 'Tis tough losing a loved pet!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am saddened to hear about Zappa. He was a good looking kitty. It is so hard to lose a pet that has been with you for so long. It's like losing a family member. I feel your loss. :'(

We got a kitten last Christmas. She now rules the house!
    Carl

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Sorry for your loss dude..You had a bunch of good years with Zappa,I'm sure..My two are 9 now..found em when they were barely three weeks old when I was taking a yarder full of brush across the street to throw in the ditch..When it's time for them to cross the rainbow bridge,it will be very hard as I'm sure it was for you...it will be very hard to let go..be for the better for them..but hard..
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Almost exactly two years later, Tim (the Timorous Tomcat) has just moments ago joined his ol' Zappa on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. He didn't quite die in my arms, but I was petting him as he drew his last breaths.

We're greatly saddened to lose him.

b24mbfp2m4dw.jpg

Photo of ol' Tim from a few days ago. He deteriorated rather quickly in the past month or so after a two-year bout with kidney disease.

We're a pet-free family for the first time in about 16, maybe 17 years. Going to take some getting use to. :|

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    My condolences, Mark. It’s always hard to lose a sweet pal.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    This sucks man, my sincere condolences.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Sorry to hear this very sad news. Condolences sent; rip Tim.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    That’s a shame, but, unfortunately, inevitable. I wouldn’t stay pet free for long. A new kitten will help immensely.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Sorry you lost another longtime friend in Tim.

We like cats a lot also.
    We've had 30 years of cat friends living here. We also are without a friendly cat in our house after about 15 years also. We miss having Cali waiting for us to come home or just wanting to sleep in our laps BIG Time!. Cali left us July 5th.

We do plan on rescuing another or even 2 maybe (preferably brother and sister) this time when the time is right.

We've never had a bad cat living here. None of our cats over 30 years has ever used my speakers grills as scratching mats yet.

Sounds and looks like your two cats were happy being with you too.

Again, sorry.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,027
    Options
    My pal of 17 years, Freddy (see avatar,) was lost to kidney failure as well. I know your pain but I look forward to seeing him again on the other side.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,076
    Options
    You were a good "friend" to both of your cats. There are some more kits that need you. Pick one or two. Your pain will be eased.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    RIP kitties. No doubt they had a great life but still it's tough to say good bye.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,456
    Options
    RIP Tim. Condolences to you & family. They do become part of the family & bring us joy & heartbreaking when they leave us. My daughters cat Buddy use to sit next to me when I listened to music. He enjoyed it as much as I do. I'm not a cat kinda guy. But the day he left us I tear'd up like a bytch. He is missed dearly. I have no animals now. But that may change soon
    Randy/Maine
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Sorry to all of you who have lost a pet as they become such an important part of our lives and family and are missed so much when they leave us.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    Sorry Mark.
    b460k9dzo05o.jpg
    This is the saddest I could get Russ to look. I can't figure out how to make tears look real.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.