Anyone try CDT speakers?

Anyone ever try CDT car speakers?
Ive had this pair of HD6's sitting in their box for over a year now.
Tried em momentarily on a home receiver to test working condition.
Just bought a 88 S10 4x4 Im thinking about putting them in.
Worth the effort?
d220efmigizn.jpg

Comments

• Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Yes, they are decent speakers, the HD series, I'd imagine you'd want to run them with some sort of crossover set up.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    My experience with CDT, while limited, has been that they are typically top notch. They have several ranges and even their lowest end range will stand head and shoulders above most. You'll pay for them though as they aren't necessarily cheap. However, like SEAS, Focal, Morel, Tang Band and Peerless, they made a name for themselves building drivers for other manufacturers and only recently (in the past 5-10 years or so) have they started wading into the retail market themselves.

But as a respected manufacturer with high quality standards, all the stuff I have seen from CDT reflects that. The HD series is a mid-range (well, for them, more like a high end for most others) series and it's won the most awards for them because it's a tremendous value.

Like the other drivers, especially Focal, those CDTs will be very rewarding to listen to if you take some time in install and set up.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Solid built drivers. Despite their listed high sensitivity, I've never had good luck under powering these speakers. They say 100w RMS and that's the minimum I would strive for. Not a huge fan of their tweeters, though. I also realize I'm probably 2 months too late in replying...
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it