Pair of Cary CAD-211AE 845 Tube Amps and SL-P05 Tube Preamp

megasat16
megasat16 Posts: 3,521
edited August 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Folks,

They are some of the best Cary Tube amps and Preamps made by Cary. They are previous Flagship models.

This is kinda a feeler thread so if anyone interested, contact me through PM.

Pair of 211AE Tube amps are bought from a friend who bought them new from Cary and had them stored for more than 10 years in crate. The owner said the original Cary Tubes are lost during the move so he bought all Brand Spankin New set of tubes from Sophia Electric Tubes in 2013. We compared them to my 845 SE tube amps and he put them back in the crate. So, it's the story.

He decided to sell them and I bought these from him with various other equipment. I don't have any need for more Tube Amps or Preamp for that matter so they are up for sale.

I believe the lowest they have gone is around 6K on Agon for the Agon rating of 8/10.

I'll rate them 8/10 even though they have not used at all. They have sat there collecting dust and the normal swirl on the Black Piano Gloss finish. The Front is Silver Color with no blemish on the front panel.

So, let's start from 6K for pricing.

Brand New set of tubes cost him more than $2000 in tubes alone.

SL-P05 will be for sale separately or with the amps for a package deal.

I have 845/211 SE Tube Amps and probably about a few dozen more of other interesting Amps so I'll let someone enjoys them.

Edit : Forgot to say that I am 90Miles NE of Los Angeles in SoCAL. Locals may be able to meet and listen to them and pickup in person. Non locals will have to rely on Freight to get them transported to you. I could arrange for Freight but figure it'll be about 300lbs for Freight Bill. There are two crates and I have partial packaging and two crates. Will be packed bomb proof and re-crate them.
Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
Post edited by megasat16 on

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    GO KERRY GO!!! This is some awesome kit and would love to own that setup someday but not in the cards until the home improvement tasks are completed.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • megasat16
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Pics??

I will set them up and took pictures (probably in about a week). I won't sell them till they are setup and take pictures.

Kerry has 1st Dibs and if he decides he does not like what he sees, it'll go to the next guy in the list.

Queuing is FREE and can drop out anytime!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Kerry is a gear buying fiend!
    We gotta meet up in Louisville when you buy this gear.....
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 715
    edited August 2017
    How much for the SLP-05? PM Sent...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Sorry, Russ, I live in a dump but they still have standards!! :p
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Keep me in line..
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    How much you want for the SLP-05?
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Very nice gear here gents, those mono's are no slouches either.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • megasat16
    Thanks Tony!

Larry, you are in line for the 211AE.

All other Polkies who expressed interest in the SLP-05 are replied through PM.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I actually have personal experience with this combo (except I had the newer version of the amps, the Cary 211FE) of amp and preamp.

I can say it is a good combo, definitely gets your feet well into the tube side of things.

At approximately $6K for the amp and perhaps another $4K on the preamp, you're looking at a total of $10K for the two. I can think of many ways to spend that amount of cash and not get the bang for the buck that this combo might give you.

Be advised, although this amp is a powerhouse of a tube amp, it's still just that... a tube amp. Those looking for ultimate bass reproduction, look elsewhere.

Those looking for voices and midrange to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, this might be it.

GLWS Megasat.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Damn, even got Joey to come out of his cave.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    Thanks for the input, Joey. Good to hear from you.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Welcome back Joey! Thought you were banned or worse? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • megasat16
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I actually have personal experience with this combo (except I had the newer version of the amps, the Cary 211FE) of amp and preamp.

I can say it is a good combo, definitely gets your feet well into the tube side of things.

At approximately $6K for the amp and perhaps another $4K on the preamp, you're looking at a total of $10K for the two. I can think of many ways to spend that amount of cash and not get the bang for the buck that this combo might give you.

Be advised, although this amp is a powerhouse of a tube amp, it's still just that... a tube amp. Those looking for ultimate bass reproduction, look elsewhere.

Those looking for voices and midrange to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, this might be it.

GLWS Megasat.

Thanks Joey! I think you are right on the money! But if it's a little short, I will send you the bill. :D

A little birdie told me I'll have some boulders to sell soon.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Damn, even got Joey to come out of his cave.

I know. I thought Joey went into the hermitism or practicing Zen for a few months. ;)
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I'm always around even if I don't post.

Been trying to curb the audio bug. Happy where I'm at.

I know how you feel. Hang out and chat a little, maybe laugh about the drama. Also Might be best to pretend audiogon doesn't exist.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• megasat16
    Ok! I have the 211 amps and SLP-05 setup temporarily for testing and taking pictures.

I also have the final tube config for the 211AEs.

Each amp comes with

New Matched Pair of Sophia Electric 845B (no boxes, my friend lost them).
    New Pair of Cary 300B tubes in Boxes
    6CA7 ElectroHarmonix New (no box)
    GE 6SL7 New Old Stock (no box)

SLP-05 does not come with the premium tubes such as pope and rca 6sn7s. It will come with Brand New Gold Pins (well, 6 are gold pins, 2 steel pins) cryo'd treated electroharmonix 6SN7 tubes. It will also come with the tube rings. :wink:

6K for the amp and 4K for the pre according to Joey!

Kerry - 1st Dib
    Larry - 2nd Dib
    Joey - you are in even if you say NO!

1yeapzloo2d4.jpg

4iaue15hen6j.jpg

i33204tq519q.jpg

sohltp8c8ncg.jpg

• kharp1
    I'm going to pass. I think I've decided on going in a different direction.

Good luck with the sale, I know they will move fast.
  • megasat16
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm going to pass. I think I've decided on going in a different direction.

Good luck with the sale, I know they will move fast.

Thanks Kerry! I understand you are going a different direction and all the best to you as well! This hobby has no end to it.

Larry, you got PM!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    There's just something sexy about electrons cooking off :D

Wow
  • megasat16
    Still for sale! Damn you Cary, be gone already. :D:D:D