Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

The part you guys are not "digesting" is that Many older members are the actual ones that wanted the forum to change, and how the behavour was to change.

They would NOT post their true feelings openly in the forum as I do.
    You are making a huge assumption that everyone that has been here a while all agrees and is of the same mindset.
    100% horse hockey
    Yet you want us to believe these folks reached out to you to do what? bridge the gap?
    You reached to me once in a PM several times actually. Just what did i say? Print it i don't care. IIRC I said there were times when it could get crazy but why let it bother you, let it go its just not worth worrying about. Heck my brother says just ludicrous stuff i don't agree on am i suppose to change him? NO !!!
    From that time to now several of those you were besties with have been FLUSHED GONE. One would look inward i would think to reevaluate the situation.
    Keep treading.
    Funny this thread started because Jesse, Ryan and I on Friday night noticed there were just us 3 here. Now you go and start rehashing all this stuff from the past several threads that you and another got closed down
    Is that your end game here? Good grief lady pull the string parachute to your safe place

Via Pm right after this post

K_M 9:44AM
    "Yet you want us to believe these folks reached out to you to do what? bridge the gap?"

Not to me, but to someone else. Nuff said, im moving on.

I am not PMing anyone to get them to agree, but simply to keep bickering out of the forum.

Great job at keeping a message private or personal.

One of us can be transparent.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The simple version: If you are confrontational, prepare to be confronted. I have never witnessed anyone get "driven out" of this forum, that didn't START the confrontation by trying to educate us old dumb guys on hi-fi. Usually it's associated with advanced audio concepts like cables, transports, influences on digital playback, etc. The problem is, new people generally only know what they have read; they don't have 3-4 decades of EXPERIENCE to understand what happens in the real world.

You are associating people that are "New to the forum", with "New to audio in general or new to Polk"

Not every person that comes here, has just began to get into audio the moment they sign up for the Polk audio forum.

And the other problem I see, many longer term members here repeat the same stuff over and over again, right or wrong, and other long term members not wanting to rock the boat or argue openly in the forum, simply say nothing or never disagree for fear of being bashed or made fun of.

I go to AA meetings and hear "old timers" say the same things over and over and dang if I don't want to poke my eyes out with a soldering iron, but, son of gun if they're not right. Some things stay the same because it's simply just right.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You are associating people that are "New to the forum", with "New to audio in general or new to Polk"

Not every person that comes here, has just began to get into audio the moment they sign up for the Polk audio forum.

And the other problem I see, many longer term members here repeat the same stuff over and over again, right or wrong, and other long term members not wanting to rock the boat or argue openly in the forum, simply say nothing or never disagree for fear of being bashed or made fun of.

True on your first observation; not everyone new is necessarily young. I think the repetition you're speaking about is mostly just many of the same topics coming up, over & over again. I disagree on the "being made fun of" aspect---have you seen my postings in SUPPORT of Bose 901's? LOL. I don't even care what the "beloved" original members think, I owned them for 14yrs and thoroughly enjoyed them. I don't need "love" from a forum, nor do I need a self-esteem shot. I call them like I hear them, some will disagree, but that's ok.

The MAIN thing I enjoy about this forum, is that these people are serious audiophiles---warts and all. Many of them have access to equipment I could never afford, so I get the benefit of hearing what they believe to be important about audio, and how you might be able to get 90% of the way there, in a less expensive fashion.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,325
    Options
    I can clearly tell who the trolls are in this thread. Wow, talk about throwing gas to the flames...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    Dub, it's hard to ignore quoted postings and I knew you'd be back with another troll post. I have to admit, it's amusing to watch you wreck your train.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,758
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The simple version: If you are confrontational, prepare to be confronted. I have never witnessed anyone get "driven out" of this forum, that didn't START the confrontation by trying to educate us old dumb guys on hi-fi. Usually it's associated with advanced audio concepts like cables, transports, influences on digital playback, etc. The problem is, new people generally only know what they have read; they don't have 3-4 decades of EXPERIENCE to understand what happens in the real world.

Just think, after I get "3-4 decades of EXPERIENCE," I will be qualified to build my own cable elevators! I can even dye them black and sell them at this forum. Gee wiz, I can hardly wait for all that experience to pay such substantial dividends. The mere thought is giving me Canadian goose bumps. And some newb's think experience is overrated.

On the other hand, I would never think of trying to "educate" the "old dumb guys" at this forum. After all, it is a total lost cause trying to "teach an old dog a new trick." However, I am willing to chip in for their remedial hearing needs and training so that they can perhaps learn how to properly operate their hearing aids. o:)

Talk about twisting the truth to fit your twisted little mind.

Hi F1:

Please refrain from using the word truth! After all, you recently posted that I was "on ignore." Yet it seems each time I stimulate you with a post, you respond. If I was truly "in truth" on ignore you would be, well to say it plainly and truly, IGNORING me!!! If you keep posting about my posts after telling the forum that you put me on "ignore,"

Again, if you read/ comprehend the opening statement, it clearly depicts that you are on ignore and he follows up with other members' posts. Then it's a simple task of looking back a few posts.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Best wishes and fairly tale dreams,

DuB B)

P.S., can a get a $ quote for your nifty neat-O cable elevators?

Can you even hear yourself? Talk about irony.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I can clearly tell who the trolls are in this thread. Wow, talk about throwing gas to the flames...

Tom

Sadly, trolls are a protected species under the endangered Polkie act that was enacted by the folks at Sound United...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options

True on your first observation; not everyone new is necessarily young. I think the repetition you're speaking about is mostly just many of the same topics coming up, over & over again. I disagree on the "being made fun of" aspect---have you seen my postings in SUPPORT of Bose 901's? LOL. I don't even care what the "beloved" original members think, I owned them for 14yrs and thoroughly enjoyed them. I don't need "love" from a forum, nor do I need a self-esteem shot. I call them like I hear them, some will disagree, but that's ok.

The MAIN thing I enjoy about this forum, is that these people are serious audiophiles---warts and all. Many of them have access to equipment I could never afford, so I get the benefit of hearing what they believe to be important about audio, and how you might be able to get 90% of the way there, in a less expensive fashion.

Great points Steve.

Let's talk Emotiva for a second...

I consider Jesse a friend. One of many I have made due to this forum.
    But he doesn't like Emotiva and has made his opinion on this subject known.
    I own (and have owned) Emotiva products. I like them but because I have never tried to pass them off as the best thing to hit budget audio, Jesse has never felt a need to call me or my claims out. It is a simple matter of perspective.

Unfortunately, some people either have no perspective or their perspective is so skewed that the can't see the forest for the tree.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Come on folks we are all adults here...wait, maybe not. Did anyone mistake this for the Romper Room BB ? That would explain a lot. It's sing along time children's!

Maybe you should stay with yo' mama
    She could do your laundry 'n' cook for you
    You're really kinda stupid 'n' ugly too

You ain't really made for bein' out in the street
    Ain't much hope for a fool like you
    'Cause if you play the game, you will get beat

She could do your laundry 'n' cook for you
    You're really kinda stupid 'n ugly too
    And
    You should never smoke in pajamas
    You might start a fire 'n' burn yer face
    Maybe you'll return to Managua
    You could go unnoticed in such a place

Now wasnt that fun Mr. Creamjeans?
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Sing damn it, don't make me whip out my Romper Stoppers!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Just think, after I get "3-4 decades of EXPERIENCE," I will be qualified to build my own cable elevators! I can even dye them black and sell them at this forum. Gee wiz, I can hardly wait for all that experience to pay such substantial dividends. The mere thought is giving me Canadian goose bumps. And some newb's think experience is overrated.

On the other hand, I would never think of trying to "educate" the "old dumb guys" at this forum. After all, it is a total lost cause trying to "teach an old dog a new trick." However, I am willing to chip in for their remedial hearing needs and training so that they can perhaps learn how to properly operate their hearing aids. o:)

Talk about twisting the truth to fit your twisted little mind.

Hi F1:

Please refrain from using the word truth! After all, you recently posted that I was "on ignore." Yet it seems each time I stimulate you with a post, you respond. If I was truly "in truth" on ignore you would be, well to say it plainly and truly, IGNORING me!!! If you keep posting about my posts after telling the forum that you put me on "ignore," everyone with even a "twisted little mind" will conclude that you are a prevaricator. We don't want that to happen.

Please forgive me for telling you what to post, I know that irks you. I don't want you to blow another gasket. I did say it nice and even used the P word.

Best wishes and fairly tale dreams,

DuB B)

P.S., can a get a $ quote for your nifty neat-O cable elevators? Also, do you have quantity discounts and do you accept Diners Club cards? A big improvement on your elevators would be a Seattle Mariner Bobble Head Cable Elevator. You can contact their front office during regular business hours and work out a licensing agreement. It would be totally Boss and Out of Sight if the Mariners would have a F1nut Cable Elevator Bobble Head night.

You are way out there and out of line on this one.

What was the purpose of this?? Just stirring the pot maybe a little bit....
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • afterburnt
    Options

Dude looks like a lady!
    That's really creepy even satanic.
    I loved it, I was a creepy kid.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    P.S., can a get a $ quote for your nifty neat-O cable elevators? Also, do you have quantity discounts and do you accept Diners Club cards? A big improvement on your elevators would be a Seattle Mariner Bobble Head Cable Elevator. You can contact their front office during regular business hours and work out a licensing agreement. It would be totally Boss and Out of Sight if the Mariners would have a F1nut Cable Elevator Bobble Head night.

^^^ Did this have a purpose?? Evidently you have seen the thread or would not have asked. Get a life.....
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,758
    Options
    I started way back when I was in grade school, admiring all the AV gear at the Audio Photo Club on base when in Europe, also a few other clubs.

We bought a pair of AR speakers and kept them for a number of years until I started looking into the Polks of the late 80's. I always wanted a pair of polks but that didn't happen until later when the RT600 and RT800's came out.

This forum steered me to the RT800/CS400 and I still use those speakers. Once I got back into audio after a brief change in hobbies, I started pursuing those SDA's.

I never thought I would have a pair of modded 2B's and 2.3TL's. That would not have happened if it weren't for this forum and it's long standing members, not discounting some of its newer members.

I could have easily been told to use an AVR (circa 90's) and enjoy my speakers as they would sound very good.

HOWEVER.......

Those veteran members along that trail in the woods, helped me go from very good to great. They spelled it out for me quite simply. Saved me from going round rosie with other components so I made the jump to separates, then the cables and all the mods.

I was basically given the choice then made up my mind. This advice is from people that have been there and done that. Granted it can be subjective, but the overall majority can be enough to at least give something a try.

There were many different personalities, but that's the great part of being part of a forum such as this. You can sensor out whatever you like, but I would VASTLY favor someone's true personalities and hear it how it is through their own experiences and knowledge than have it sugar-coated.

There was never any threatening or name calling, same for the current forum. Same personalities, but with the addition of some that like to fuel and light a fire that was never lit.

Willing to bet when you put everyone in a room and add in voice tonal changes and facial expressions, everything would be fine.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    There's nothing I enjoy more than spending someone elses money. :)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,929
    Options
    Doctor! I could swear I saw the patient move!

:p

sya0opie9p3t.png
    Alea jacta est!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Been here 6 years. Contributed some, learned a lot. Done some Karmas. Met some very nice folks and try to keep an open mind. Obvious trolls are just that and not worth the effort. I work with kids with severe behavioral issues. We often use a technique called "extinction" to try to alleviate self serving behaviors. Its basically ignoring those behaviors and it ALWAYS gets worse before it gets better. That said, I like it here and will stay unless politely asked to leave.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Been here 6 years. Contributed some, learned a lot. Done some Karmas. Met some very nice folks and try to keep an open mind. Obvious trolls are just that and not worth the effort. I work with kids with severe behavioral issues. We often use a technique called "extinction" to try to alleviate self serving behaviors. Its basically ignoring those behaviors and it ALWAYS gets worse before it gets better. That said, I like it here and will stay unless politely asked to leave.

Get The Freak Out Deron I'm all that matters :p

just kidding has it been six years wow time flies
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Yet it seems each time I stimulate you with a post

Huh ? Wait a second, why was I not informed of this program ?
    ..... uhm ..... soooo ...... do you take requests by any chance ?

I just wanted to make sure that I'm going to be included in the PowerPoint presentation that's sure to be shown to Whatever-Powers-That-Be. o:)

P.S. Motor, I would appreciate if you would acknowledge that you have posted a fake Romper Room video. "Miss Nancy" is obviously fake as everyone knows that the real Romper Room lady's name is "Miss Lois".
    Stop trying to undermine the moral fiber of our yutts.
    Sal Palooza
  • deronb1
    Options

Get The Freak Out Deron I'm all that matters :p

just kidding has it been six years wow time flies

That wasnt polite! ;) I know! Freakin flies!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options

Please leave, and close the door behind you. Thanks!

:D J/K :D:DB)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    @K_M

Could you please answer my question as to if this is a shared account (I swear I remember that being the case), and if you've ever had a different username on this site.

I figured my questions got lost in all the responses so wanted to bring them up again.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • deronb1
    Options

Please leave, and close the door behind you. Thanks!

:D J/K :D:DB)

Ok....sniff ;)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,055
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »

Those veteran members along that trail in the woods, helped me go from very good to great. .

Under-rated line of the year :D:D:D Love it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • deronb1
    Options
    Texas!? Nope. O-H-I-O!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    I simply moved on from having a sizable 2 channel rig and being all serious about it. Had surgery on my inner ears several years back which jacked up my hearing for several months. Dismantled the 2 channel system, got a couple of Polk Woodbournes and enjoyed my home theater a lot more. The hearing returned fine, but at that point I wasn't interested in serious music listening any longer. Focused more on photography, got into the whole comic book thing, enjoyed going to the range a lot more to have fun (ya know, the amendment AFTER the first...don't want to get banned for saying a bad 3 letter word), hitting the gym more serious, starting to travel more and so on.

I pop in here a little bit each week, but nothing remotely like I used to. Was just time to move on.

I guess eventually i'll wind up selling off my 2 channel gear. Just need to get the guts to let it all go. I've had that Carver m1.5t amp and Dodd ELP for quite a long time now.

No excuses!
This discussion has been closed.