This place is dead

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Other than the GDP of a small country that they have helped me spend.

Ask Dan about Mr. Russ.....

But unlike that depreciating Cadillac with 0 miles on it :wink:, the memories will last forever, and MOST of your audio purchases wont depreciate as fast as that Caddy either lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited August 2017
    I've been trying to ditch you guyses for years but this crack phone i have keeps callin and callin and callin me. I can't put it down i must admit i need help BUT EF IT i love the effects it gives me.
    Bite me Dan you left me in the room with that Russ guy ALL alone I'll never be the same.
    Well time for my rainbow therapy blue pill or red or heck maybe the 714 then again i may just get the mean green out
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    The "manual" that came with my Polk's (just the English part) was only a few pages long. On the other hand, I recently ordered a Yamaha Aventage RX-A2060BL audio video receiver. Its manual is over 200 pages long. I should be able to get the receiver up and going in a few hours. Tweaking its controls and learning how to use it and set up shortcuts is much more complicated and time consuming than ordering and setting up speakers.

That's probably why the manual is larger.

Sounds like you are blaming Polk for "lacking" with their manuals.
    Most of the posts are by people that are Yamaha AVR enthusiasts, not people that think all AVRs/2 channel receivers suck.

I think that's placing words in peoples mouths as it's taken WAY out of context.

Sorry to sound frank, but with whats been a hot topic recently, it sounds like you're trying to stir the pot a little. Looking at your entire post, I'm not sure where you are going with it.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    ...There is next to nothing at the Polk Audio forum that is comparable to the helpful info provided at such places as the AVS Forum, Emotiva's forum, and Audioholics. These forums helped me to select my Aventage receiver, my cables and speaker wires, my Sony BD player, and my upcoming 4K TV purchase...

If by "helpful info" you mean thousands (literally) of threads on soundbars and HTIB, then yes - AVS is the place for you. I personally come here for the unprecedented wealth of information, spirited banter, and people that will say it straight - even if it hurts my feelings. I'm not part of the "core group" here, and I don't feel compelled to push the issue. I enjoy the people and the information. I learn things here that I find useful, that I did not know before.

I recently received some valuable advice on the purchase of my new favorite amp - a McCormack DNA 225. How much useful advice would I have gotten on that purchase at AVS?

If I ever end up with the latest and greatest sound bar, and find myself overwhelmed with the complex intricacies of its connection, I'll visit AVS. In fact, I'll sleep better tonight knowing that the resource is there.

As for you, I think it is a valid question - Why ARE you here?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• A countless number of members that came here for answers to questions on their Polk HT setup that got converted to hardcore 2 channel rigs over the years is a testament to the knowledge and avid fandom of audio in general.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • daddyjt wrote: »

I recently received some valuable advice on the purchase of my new favorite amp - a McCormack DNA 225. How much useful advice would I have gotten on that purchase at AVS?

At AVS you would have run into the gauntlet of the "all amps sound the same" guys.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I can definitely say that coming here throughout the day is one of the highlights of my day. Not sure if that speaks highly of you guys, or, to just how sad my life is! B) I still love this place abd look forward to more meets and and the bonding that comes with getting to know one another over time.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2017
    ^^^ see gents? THIS is how you suck up. Though I might suggest offering free beer and pretzels next time as well. :D:p
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    F1nut wrote: »
    ^ Excellent post ^
    Yes, from a member who seems like a wonderful person to meet, if ever there's a chance! Thanks for taking the time to post this, @GospelTruth.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I've been reading this thread for the past few days and I've sat thinking how to respond to some of the banter on this thread as well as other threads. It takes me awhile to think things through on how to best convey what I want to say. With that said...

Joining the Forum.

I joined this forum by accident when I took back a pair of Monitor 5jr+s I had given my sister and her husband that were collecting dust in a garage. All I wanted was a place to find a "badge" (no, not the new Vanilla badges) that went missing on one of the speakers and I was directed to the Polk forum. I joined right after in 2012.

Am I old school? Depends how you look at it. I'm new in terms of the forum compared to a lot of people. At age 47 I wouldn't say that I'm the latest generation either and grew up with the monitor line and SDAs.

My Experience.

My personality is more to read, listen and when I think necessary say something. Like grandma said, "listen more than you speak". In my opinion a good rule when posting on a forum. I like to learn, and have done that over the years by reading all the posts that a lot of the "old timers" have put in here. There is a lot of knowledge out here. They want to help folks enjoy this hobby as they do. Not everyone is at the same appreciation level, but I've never witnessed anyone being berated for asking questions. Some may not answer questions with the coddling that others would like; but it's never been "what an idiot" type answers.

Because I've been here I acquired a pair of SDA 2Bs and a set of 3.1TLs - these are speakers that I coveted back in high school and college. I also bought a Parasound amp (New Classic 2250) based on what I consider folks opinions that an outboard amp will outperform an AVR. Now, before I joined the forum, I was a totally content, "I love my Yamaha RX-V3800 AVR" kinda guy. I still love my AVR, but I decided to try something else. Glad I did.

My Car Enthusiast Analogy

My first car out of college was a 1994 Mustang Cobra coupe. Coming from a beat up 1982 Chevy Caprice Classic, it was quite the car upgrade. I loved that car and as a result thought that mustangs were the bomb. Nothing was better than what I had - in my awesome opinion. I would go around recommending them left and right because I enjoyed mine so much. Then I met some guys who were in to modding them. A whole new world opened up and I learned more about different gear ratios, headers, exhaust pipes, pulleys, super chargers and what not. Cool. Kinda like modding speakers here on the forum. I also had a buddy that worked at a high end auto repair shop. I got to sit in and ride some pretty sweet cars. New experiences; and new perspective.

Now AVS is kinda like a forum where you would go if you wanted to find out how your cool new cars works and maybe some tricks. You might find a 1994 mustang thread and get answers to "where is the trunk latch" or "what is the combination to turn off the service indicator" You might even get a "hey here's the cool Haynes manual on auto repair". The Polk forum is a little different. Here, you can ask those questions but the way I've see it, it's more of a "hey, how do I get the most out of my car", or "I really want my car to corner like it's on rails - what do you suggest". (Along the lines of "how do I get the most out of my new Polk speakers"). Some might help you out with suspension and some might tell you to sell the mustang and get something else that handles better (maybe along the lines of get an external amp in audio land). Why? Because these guys have been there and done that, and maybe spent more money than needed to get where they are. They want to help you get to what you want. It's your choice to keep and mod the car or just sell and get something else. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy something bone stock - you can, but those "old timers" and some others appreciate something more.

I still have a Mustang (1997 Mustang Convertible - stock) and like it. I like the SDAs. To me they bring both fond memories and something I like that I can't find elsewhere. Someday the LsIMs of today will be the classics of tomorrow and someone will want to "refresh" them to make them better than the day they came off the line. Hopefully there is a new bunch of guys who can pass on that baton.

Final Thoughts

The forum loses it's appeal when folks can't debate, or can't express their views in their own personal sort of way. You learn a lot about people, their humor, tastes and so on by reading what people post - over time. Trying to censor it takes that dynamic away. Most people like dynamic - I know I do. There have been some good laughs based on some threads I've read here. Dynamic means that you may be offended. So what? In life you're bound to be offended at some point. I loved reading posts from certain forum members and they have either stopped posting or post much less frequently, more so because I think they are sick of being banterd with. Chill, relax, enjoy the ride and if it gets to rough on these Polk forum seas for you, then block the person causing the chop. Done.

Here's hoping this place doesn't lose what I enjoyed when I came here back in 2012.

Now that is the gospel truth.
    Well said my friend well said
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    vmaxer wrote: »
    It was more of a rhetorical question.

Pretty sure I knew that....................

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
  • K_M
    F1nut wrote: »
    K_M wrote: »
    You are reading far too much into all of this. It is Just a forum. No one is better than anyone else. We are all just guests here. New and old.

That's one of your many misconceptions. This is not just any old forum. A great many of us have formed friendships on and off the forum. A great many of us have members in their homes and are guests in others. A good number of us have known each for 15 years, some longer. A good number of us consider each other as family. In fact, Polk used to encourage the family type atmosphere, which unfortunately the new management doesn't seem to value.

As I stated earlier, your perceptions of just about everything here are mistaken and as long as you keep thinking this is just a forum you'll never get it.

So, there was this guy, he lived in the country. He found large areas of woods, and started taking long walks out through "the woods" every evening. He met several other guys that loved the woods also, and would chat with them and walk up and down the trails with him also.

Then one day, someone they did not know, crossed their favourite trail, that they have been walking on for over 10 years!

They told the person "Hey this is our trail, we are the only ones to walk here!"

A month or so later, the owner of all the woods came around, and told them all, I own all of this property.!

And the gang of guys that walked the trails, got quite upset, they had had free reign over the "woods", for over 10 years, and never thought that someone else actually owned the woods, and in fact started to feel they actually owned the trails, the woods, the streams and so on...................

They scurried to find someone to blame. Maybe the new person on the trail, maybe the guy that actually DID own the woods, maybe he did not understand that they were all friends and felt they had walked these trails so often, that they felt they almost owned the woods, trails, and all that encompassed his vast property.

I think I understand completely.

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    I'm another one who's not here anywhere near as often as I used to be. I check in at least once daily and chime in when I see a discussion that's in my wheelhouse, but my posts have definitely dwindled.

For me, the place definitely lost a lot with the change to Vanilla. All the broken links, lost photos, lost threads, and the negativity that ensued was a painful, tedious time around here. But more important in my case, it was a big shift in lifestyle. When I had my house, I had equipment. I rotated equipment. I upgraded equipment. It was a never ending journey. But when I sold my home and moved into an apartment 1000 miles away, I sold almost all of my gear and just bought a great simple system that I just use and enjoy, but I spend very little time tweaking. Living in Florida, I'm spending a lot more time outside of my home than I used to, and new business interests are taking up more and more time.

On the speaker side, I joined this forum right around the same time that I started going Polk-crazy. I had owned SDA CRS+s since 1989, but then I sold them in 2005 when I joined the forum, and went to 2B's, upgraded them, then to 1C's, upgraded them, plus had a whole other room with a 7.1 surround system full of Polks and even more Polks throughout the house on a whole-house system. Then when I got close to selling my house, I went back to the CRS+ and did another big round of upgrades. But now that I'm sitting pretty with these CRS+ in an apartment, and have no intention of abandoning them, I just don't find myself with as much to talk about on the Polk forum.

What I had always hoped was that the wave of people who showed up over the years looking to acquire and upgrade the old SDA line would just keep growing, and more and more SDA enthusiasts would be created around here. But it seems like so much of that momentum came to a grinding halt right around the time of Vanilla, and the new ownership seems to have little if any interest in the forum. That, to me, is why this place is a shadow of its former self.

New ownership has little interest in maintaining interest in 30-year old product lines. They'd much rather we all give up on the older lines like SDA and buy something new. It's not like there's a lot of profit in selling replacement RD-0198s. But I'll be around here until they turn the lights off, and will forever appreciate all the help and friendship that's come my way around here over the years.

I don't spend much time obsessing over equipment these days, but I still spend a good amount enjoying it. And every time I do, I sit back and appreciate how great my speakers sound as a result of my experience here.

Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142

Your analogy makes no sense. No one is behaving like any of the characters in your analogy, if that was your intended goal of the analogy.

Everyone knows who owns this forum. In the almost 10 years I have been here, not one of the members here has claimed to "own" this forum. I have felt invited and engaged even when I did stupid stuff with my speakers. I learned, and spent more money on audio than my wife knows about.

@GospelTruth's car analogy is way better and more accurate.

I must agree that this place has changed. It seems like the enthusiasm is much lower. I don't see pics of people's setup like I used to. I don't as many posts about trying new things like I used to. Even the humor in posts is lacking. As a result, I am finding myself spending less time on the forum. It's sad, this used to be one of my daily sites to visit but now visit every few days.
  • K_M
    [quote="nspindel;c-2339095"

New ownership has little interest in maintaining interest in 30-year old product lines. They'd much rather we all give up on the older lines like SDA and buy something new. It's not like there's a lot of profit in selling replacement RD-0198s. But I'll be around here until they turn the lights off, and will forever appreciate all the help and friendship that's come my way around here over the years.

[/quote]

We own several of the older "Vinage" polk speakers from the 80's-early 90's, but I can sorta understand how a company that is selling speakers for profit, would not really have much interest in something long ago already sold.
    30 years is a huge time span.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116

Your analogy makes no sense. No one is behaving like any of the characters in your analogy, if that was your intended goal of the analogy.

Everyone knows who owns this forum. In the almost 10 years I have been here, not one of the members here has claimed to "own" this forum. I have felt invited and engaged even when I did stupid stuff with my speakers. I learned, and spent more money on audio than my wife knows about.

@GospelTruth's car analogy is way better and more accurate.

I must agree that this place has changed. It seems like the enthusiasm is much lower. I don't see pics of people's setup like I used to. I don't as many posts about trying new things like I used to. Even the humor in posts is lacking. As a result, I am finding myself spending less time on the forum. It's sad, this used to be one of my daily sites to visit but now visit every few days.

Agreed, as stated before.....Doesn't know when to quit.

Comical really.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Great posts guys, from newer and older members.

KM,

F1NUT hit on it, and a reason you can't seem to digest, this forum isn't like any old forum. You want to treat it like it is, cry when it isn't, demand that it should be. It isn't special because a few crusty old geezers think they own the place, it's special because of the family atmosphere ALL members create. You don't get it yet, but those that do fit in quite well....and never regret it. The old Polk administration actually encouraged the family atmosphere, built product loyalty. Not so sure the new Polk administration recognizes the same values. F1nut already said much of that, and worth repeating in my view.

As Gospeltruth pointed out also, you have to listen more than you talk at first, get to know different personalities, styles. Much like starting a new job and trying to read the people you can talk to, and the ones you need to be careful around. I might suggest again, that if you think the forum is too abrasive, from "older members" too as you claim.....then the problem lies with your own personality faults rather than the forum. No forum can keep changing to address every quirky personality fault, learn the lay of the land and deal with it. It isn't hard to do, humans been doing it for thousands of years. Your not going to tell me it's all of a sudden too hard are you ?

The world doesn't change to be black and white as to not offend every persons quirks, how boring would that be ? Maybe that's a future you'd like, but not me, and not many others here.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2017
    Dan,
    Don't give your phone # to Russ. I made that mistake and keep getting pics of animals and humans.....if ya know what I mean. ;)

Plus he drunk texts you in the middle of the night looking for his pink piggy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Too late! I already have it and know where he lives.
  • K_M
    edited August 2017
    tonyb wrote: »

KM,

F1NUT hit on it, and a reason you can't seem to digest, this forum isn't like any old forum. You want to treat it like it is, cry when it isn't, demand that it should be. It isn't special because a few crusty old geezers think they own the place, it's special because of the family atmosphere ALL members create. You don't get it yet, but those that do fit in quite well....and never regret it. The old Polk administration actually encouraged the family atmosphere, built product loyalty. Not so sure the new Polk administration recognizes the same values. F1nut already said much of that, and worth repeating in my view.

As Gospeltruth pointed out also, you have to listen more than you talk at first, get to know different personalities, styles. Much like starting a new job and trying to read the people you can talk to, and the ones you need to be careful around. I might suggest again, that if you think the forum is too abrasive, from "older members" too as you claim.....then the problem lies with your own personality faults rather than the forum. No forum can keep changing to address every quirky personality fault, learn the lay of the land and deal with it. It isn't hard to do, humans been doing it for thousands of years. Your not going to tell me it's all of a sudden too hard are you ?

The world doesn't change to be black and white as to not offend every persons quirks, how boring would that be ? Maybe that's a future you'd like, but not me, and not many others here.

I am going to say this one last time. It seems to be the part "you guys" are dancing around.

I express exactly what I think. I think that is much we agree on. I do not care when to quit nor know when to quit, as I decide that on my own. We agree on that?

The part you guys are not "digesting" is that Many older members are the actual ones that wanted the forum to change, and how the behavour was to change.

They would NOT post their true feelings openly in the forum as I do.
    You are making a huge assumption that everyone that has been here a while all agrees and is of the same mindset.
  • vmaxer
    tonyb wrote: »

KM,

I am going to say this one last time. It seems to be the part "you guys" are dancing around.

I express exactly what I think. I think that is much we agree on. I do not care when to quit nor know when to quit, as I decide that on my own. We agree on that?

The part you guys are not "digesting" is that Many older members are the actual ones that wanted the forum to change, and how the behavour was to change.

They would NOT post their true feelings openly in the forum as I do.
    You are making a huge assumption that everyone that has been here a while all agrees and is of the same mindset.

If nothing else you are entertaining....As i said before, comical.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    I've been reading this thread for the past few days and I've sat thinking how to respond to some of the banter on this thread as well as other threads. It takes me awhile to think things through on how to best convey what I want to say. With that said...
    Great post, and you've managed to put into words my thoughts about this place as a "noob." I enjoy it, I appreciate it, and I would hate to see it further dwindle. I just wish I had found it years ago.

Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    So, there was this guy, he lived in the country. He found large areas of woods, and started taking long walks out through "the woods" every evening. He met several other guys that loved the woods also, and would chat with them and walk up and down the trails with him also.

Then one day, someone they did not know, crossed their favourite trail, that they have been walking on for over 10 years!

They told the person "Hey this is our trail, we are the only ones to walk here!"

When the "new guy" approached, did he come off as arrogant, and immediately disagree with the way they were walking the trail?

K_M, I can tell you as a long time member we've had quite a few new people who came off immediately as coming here to teach us "old guys" a thing or two about audio; even though we were discussing differences in cables, when their PARENTS were messing diapers. Now, like I said, I've never had a problem with you--but then again I haven't really followed your posts, or saw that a number of replies had already come in on your question.

Now, are some members a little heavy handed? Oh yeah. They were when I got here in 2001. I adapted, it was THEIR forum. Note the difference in my attitude? The older generations believe you have to EARN respect; the youngers feel respect gets handed out like participation trophy's.

I tell you this, so that you can see BOTH sides of the issue.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • vmaxer
    I've been a member for 5 years. I've learned more about Audio in general, and Polk specifically, than anywhere else. When I first joined, I locked horns with a few senior members, because of my own naiveté. I though I knew everything. Wrong. Most of the senior members here forgot what I know. I learned to be respectful, ask questions, and get along. Those members I locked horns with are now friends. You get what you give.
    I try to give back, to new members with questions, and help other, not so new members when I can.
    I've managed to carve out a nice little business that includes rebuilding Polk Crossovers, and I would not have been able to do that without this forum, and its members.
    As I said previously, you get what you give. Attitude, and drive-by comments will be treated as such. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Well said and very good to see you back posting. I hope all is well.

And, we all appreciate you!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    vmaxer wrote: »
    I've been a member for 5 years. I've learned more about Audio in general, and Polk specifically, than anywhere else. When I first joined, I locked horns with a few senior members, because of my own naiveté. I though I knew everything. Wrong. Most of the senior members here forgot what I know. I learned to be respectful, ask questions, and get along. Those members I locked horns with are now friends. You get what you give.
    I try to give back, to new members with questions, and help other, not so new members when I can.
    I've managed to carve out a nice little business that includes rebuilding Polk Crossovers, and I would not have been able to do that without this forum, and its members.
    As I said previously, you get what you give. Attitude, and drive-by comments will be treated as such. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Well said and very good to see you back posting. I hope all is well.

And, we all appreciate you!!

Thank you sir
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Nice to see a few guys posting again because of this thread. Even Kex dropped by to offer his opinion on the matter.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
This discussion has been closed.