Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    Popcorn in the microwave, and lots of time to kill.

@ZLTFUL you wanna write me a macro to auto refresh the page every minute so I don't have to keep hitting F6 to follow along lol..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'd like to hear that answer myself....
    That would mean giving up the phone number. Personally I would rather pass.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    On the other hand, I recently ordered a Yamaha Aventage RX-A2060BL audio video receiver. Its manual is over 200 pages long. I should be able to get the receiver up and going in a few hours. Tweaking its controls and learning how to use it and set up shortcuts is much more complicated and time consuming than ordering and setting up speakers.
    There is next to nothing at the Polk Audio forum that is comparable to the helpful info provided at such places as the AVS Forum, Emotiva's forum, and Audioholics. These forums helped me to select my Aventage receiver, my cables and speaker wires, my Sony BD player, and my upcoming 4K TV purchase.
    No... nobody here pointed you toward that receiver. Right. (FYI, and you should know this, folks here have been raving about the Yamaha Aventage receivers for quite some time now, and particularly how well they pair with Polk speakers like yours.) And hey, when I've got an issue with some specific receiver function, I go to AVS, too. But, that's not what this place is about. Stick around, listen, learn, and maybe one day, you'll figure it out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    So how about them Bears? :*
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Splains alot. But fear not i don't think any less of you.

How could you possibly think any less of me, impossible I say....Lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

The nature of the forum over the last few years has evolved to the point, that a small band of guys, were so used to bashing and insulting people, it became "normal" in their minds.

It was normal to be snippy, to be rude, to call people trolls and names, and to openly suggest people are jerks, or need to be banned, or post dozen's of random silly pictures or silly comments.

Thing is, it was NOT the new people complaining, but the silent majority that have been here a while, and that were sick of the antics of several guys, but neither said much about it openly, nor participated in many posts due to the degradation of the forum gradually.

Sorry, but a forum will not run, on 2 dozen guys calling people names, and making snippy remarks.

You guys lost many members gradually, or lost them having interest in posting, by trying to make this your personal social club that has no need for anyone that disagrees or is new.

Surprised no one saw this coming, and it takes someone to explain it.

There is no "US and THEM", here, it is simply random people posting on a manufacturers forum.

When some of you guys tried to make it your personal "Old boys social club".......things were beginning to end.

Bash me all you want, but it was not Me or 2 or 3 Fairly new members that changed anything here, it was DOZEN'S of older members that were tired of years of bashing and rudeness and were sick of the way the forum was becoming.

You don't know when to quit do you.

I find it funny, that in over 18 years of the forum's existence, with the same 'old members" that are supposedly the reason in your eyes for the lack of activity, the forum has flourished quite well over the years.

Only until recently, past few years, with changes in ownership/vanilla/ and a new breed of people who get **** at the drop of a hat or offended as easily as a Kardashian taking a selfie has the forum suffered some. The forum thrived just fine before, with the same "old guard", so what changed ?

Society changed, the old members haven't. Today, it's offensive to simply disagree and rather participate in conversation some would rather cry to mommy and daddy, aka Polk, to air their grievances instead of talking to the person of whom they have difficulties with. Nobody taught generations how to deal with opposing views or confrontation....only that you must be a victim, of bullying of some sorts.

The old members, or any member raised in a somewhat normal era don't play the snowflake games of victimhood. That's the clash you currently see, a clash of culture, not bullying. I'm not saying too that bullying doesn't exist here, because it does, but not to the degree some think is the sole reason for the forum's downturn or lack of sales for Polk.

I might even suggest, the "old guard" is exactly what keeps this forum going. Why ? Because they are the ones most knowledgeable, have vast experience with a range of Polk products, and a variety of other brands because people mix and match brands all the time in their systems. They are the ones, whom if one would listen a little from time to time, are actually trying to save people money while expanding their audio pleasure. They are also the one's with experience in fixing things should they go south, upgrading parts, what works with what and what doesn't.

As a member of the "old guard", and only speaking for myself, I find your blame misplaced, and while your entitled to your opinion obviously, so am I.

When to quit? People can quit making comments whenever they please.
    Not when it suits you in particular. What a condescending silly comment.

Sorry my comments offend you, and all you can resort to is calling people snowflakes or victims.

IT Is not "New forum members" that were complaining. It was mostly OLDER Forum members complaining about OTHER older forum members.

You may want to believe everything was hunky dory, and oh how dare a few newer people come here and ruin things, but truth be told, many forum members that have been here for several years, were the ones that had issues.

They saw how "Some" older forum members were acting mostly towards newer or newish members, and got sick of it.

So that leaves your "theory" about snowflakes and the Elite old guard, pretty much in the dust.

Try again. There is not an "US and them" going on here.
    Rude is rude, respectful is respectful.

You are reading far too much into all of this. It is Just a forum. No one is better than anyone else. We are all just guests here. New and old.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I just want to have the last word...

WORD :p

I'd also like to add
    Zyzzyva :o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited August 2017
    Options
    LOL
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    So how about them Bears? :*

Brings back fond memories....

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    Beyond shocked that this hasn't been locked yet...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    What is really a shame is all the good trolls have been banned. Now that is boring. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • K_M
    edited August 2017
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    DonnerundBlitzen, so I gotta ask, why are you here? I mean, seriously. You just listed a dozen reasons why this forum isn't helpful to you (I disagree, BTW, we've got some home theater gurus as well as subwoofer gurus), yet here you are.

Now I haven't had any issues with you or K_M, mostly because I don't engage in wasting my time when someone has obviously made up their mind; but if you don't see any value here, why bother?

I am not sure he said he saw "No value" here, but he said that is why the forum is mostly dead.

I tend to read a lot of threads and not reply or interact in them, simply to gain knowledge or see what other think or like.

Contrary to what many would think I find a lot MORE value simply reading about stuff randomly than asking for opinions or replies.

Even those that I argue with or disagree with, I still value their opinions and thoughts about certain topics.
  • K_M
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

The nature of the forum over the last few years has evolved to the point, that a small band of guys, were so used to bashing and insulting people, it became "normal" in their minds.

It was normal to be snippy, to be rude, to call people trolls and names, and to openly suggest people are jerks, or need to be banned, or post dozen's of random silly pictures or silly comments.

Thing is, it was NOT the new people complaining, but the silent majority that have been here a while, and that were sick of the antics of several guys, but neither said much about it openly, nor participated in many posts due to the degradation of the forum gradually.

Sorry, but a forum will not run, on 2 dozen guys calling people names, and making snippy remarks.

You guys lost many members gradually, or lost them having interest in posting, by trying to make this your personal social club that has no need for anyone that disagrees or is new.

Surprised no one saw this coming, and it takes someone to explain it.

There is no "US and THEM", here, it is simply random people posting on a manufacturers forum.

When some of you guys tried to make it your personal "Old boys social club".......things were beginning to end.

Bash me all you want, but it was not Me or 2 or 3 Fairly new members that changed anything here, it was DOZEN'S of older members that were tired of years of bashing and rudeness and were sick of the way the forum was becoming.

You don't know when to quit do you.

In a word - no.

Probably been waiting a while to find a comment to use try to stir as usual.

How many positive posts have been made by KM??

Percentage wise, or just overall posts?
  • vmaxer
    Options
    It was more of a rhetorical question.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,982
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The Bears still s--k
  • vmaxer
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    The Bears still s$ck

Not so much then.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Beyond shocked that this hasn't been locked yet...

On it way now that the chimers are here
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    You are reading far too much into all of this. It is Just a forum. No one is better than anyone else. We are all just guests here. New and old.

That's one of your many misconceptions. This is not just any old forum. A great many of us have formed friendships on and off the forum. A great many of us have members in their homes and are guests in others. A good number of us have known each for 15 years, some longer. A good number of us consider each other as family. In fact, Polk used to encourage the family type atmosphere, which unfortunately the new management doesn't seem to value.

As I stated earlier, your perceptions of just about everything here are mistaken and as long as you keep thinking this is just a forum you'll never get it.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm going to add to the above

For example...we had a great number of Polkies from out of state come to LSAF this year

Not many from the "old guard"...most newbies per say, none of which had a negative thing to stay about the veteran members...well nothing except Russ' smelly feet

But anyway....as spoken above, lotta family like love

Hey Kerry....will you haula$$ down here and give me hand ;)

and Dan...please send me your salad bowls

and Larry...If Skips looks like he's having a rough day at RMAF....rub his tummy, it makes him feel better
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,758
    edited August 2017
    Options
    There is next to nothing at the Polk Audio forum that is comparable to the helpful info provided at such places as the AVS Forum, Emotiva's forum, and Audioholics. .

I'm willing to bet there are ALOT of members here that will disagree with that bold statement. Especially people that have spent hours, and days on posting material that has been an indispensable tool for polk products, current and especially vintage.
    So, we end up at this forum with threads that are perhaps a tad amusing in a very sophomoric manner (like the "cable elevator" thread [are they called "cable lifts" in London?]) instead of helpful, pro Polk Audio threads..

Did you read the opening statement in that thread? Does everything posted here need to be about "pro Polk"

If I want some good general and also expert knowledge on some things, I'll visit AVS as well.

When I want expert Polk advice, including other expert advice, I come here, you are trying to compare apple's and oranges.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    I didn't see this until quoted above as he is on ignore.
    DonnerUndBlitzen wrote: »
    So, we end up at this forum with threads that are perhaps a tad amusing in a very sophomoric manner (like the "cable elevator" thread [are they called "cable lifts" in London?]) instead of helpful, pro Polk Audio threads..

So now you want to tell us what to talk about!?! I'm sure you have no friends.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    and Dan...please send me your salad bowls

I'm narrowing down a passive crossover design as a starting point as well as a flatpack box to begin the initial tweaking with as we speak :smile:.

I'm actually on parts express right now building out the cost of the initial parts for crossover v1.0 :wink:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I will add only this to what @F1Nut and @txcoastal1 have said.

If one were to look in my phone today, the would see more forum member names of people on this forum than anything else.

I have had the privilege to meet the following members in the past few years due to get togethers both in my house or at others, up to and including LSAF:

@nooshinjohn, @indyhawg, @trav0810, @bored184, @kharp1, @txcoastal, @marvda1, @voltz, @dskip, @lightman1, @ZLTFUL, @02guy, @pitdogg2, @deronb1, @oldrocker, @erniejade and a few others whose forum names escape me.

I talk to forum members in PA, TN, TX, WI, IL and IA on a fairly regular basis.

There is NO OTHER FORUM that I have been a member of besides this one, that I have met more than one or two of the users in real life. And many of those forums I've been a member of longer than this one.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    For over 15 years, this forum's rep was always one of a bunch of hardcore audio buffs. I've seen hundreds of questions on other forums about Polk products and they would get directed here for the no BS answer, with the caveat that they need to have a thick skin to wade in our pool.

Times have changed, life goes on, and I miss Dr. Spec. Now that was a member that could "Ed"ucate you on how to get good bass! ;);)

HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    I've been here for 12 years. For most of that time, this place has been a great source of knowledge, comraderie, and entertainment. Then a few people showed up and seemed determined to spread hate and discontent. There's always been a few of those but in the past they were called out and eventually came around or left. This time it was different and it's no longer PC to call them out. Now they're trying to spread some nonsense that there's always been a silent, unheard, disgruntled majority. The results say otherwise. Unfortunately, these tactics seems to be effectively driving this place into the ground. There's still a lot of great people here and it's truly sad that a few people are being allowed to destroy something great. There's a lot of you I'd love to have a beer or six with while this place is still here.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    In my many travels, I have met a lot of folks here. All have been nothing less than gracious and welcoming. As Jesse said, lifelong friendships have been formed because of that.
    I have no regrets at all.

Other than the GDP of a small country that they have helped me spend.

Ask Dan about Mr. Russ.....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    I will add only this to what @F1Nut and @txcoastal1 have said.

If one were to look in my phone today, the would see more forum member names of people on this forum than anything else.

I have had the privilege to meet the following members in the past few years due to get togethers both in my house or at others, up to and including LSAF:

@nooshinjohn, @indyhawg, @trav0810, @bored184, @kharp1, @txcoastal, @marvda1, @voltz, @dskip, @lightman1, @ZLTFUL, @02guy, @pitdogg2, @deronb1, @oldrocker, @erniejade and a few others whose forum names escape me.

I talk to forum members in PA, TN, TX, WI, IL and IA on a fairly regular basis.

There is NO OTHER FORUM that I have been a member of besides this one, that I have met more than one or two of the users in real life. And many of those forums I've been a member of longer than this one.

Proud to call you a friend Dan... call me when you get a free moment or two.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,758
    edited August 2017
    Options
    . Most of the posts are by people that are Yamaha AVR enthusiasts, not people that think all AVRs/2 channel receivers suck.

Sorry, but I think that's putting words in people's mouths as it is taken WAY out of context.

The "manual" that came with my Polk's (just the English part) was only a few pages long. On the other hand, I recently ordered a Yamaha Aventage RX-A2060BL audio video receiver. Its manual is over 200 pages long. I should be able to get the receiver up and going in a few hours. Tweaking its controls and learning how to use it and set up shortcuts is much more complicated and time consuming than ordering and setting up speakers.

That's probably why the manual is larger.

You seem to be making it sound like Polk is "lacking" with their product manuals.

With what's been a hot topic recently, reading your entire post, it looks as if you're trying to "stir the pot". Sorry if that comes off as being "frank" but I don't see where you're trying to go with this.
This discussion has been closed.