This place is dead

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    dromunds wrote: »
    Lightman beat me to the 40 Year Old Virgin question? How'd I miss that? Or did he? Somebody needs to pay up. And enough of this dead talk already. Watch Game of Thrones if you want dead.

Ya snooze, Ya lose.....
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    He once horked a hairball that looked exactly like the statue of David.
    He *IS* the most interesting cat in the world.

7yj1rhal6p45.jpeg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • A Lightman stream ? I dunno ......

Sal Palooza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    7yj1rhal6p45.jpeg

Tony bag o bones!
    Looking dapper as usual.....
  • Zltful, I don't mean to disparage your cat, but your cat looks rather impudent and .... churlish !!
    I'm not sure if that's allowed on here.
    Sal Palooza
  • As long as I keep typing, I can avoid having to mow the lawn. So .... what else can I come up with ....

"Alex, I'll take 'Vicious Animal Attacks' for $100" .

"Okay, Alex, ditto for $200".

giphy.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited August 2017
    I just don't spend much time at any forum these days. I burned myself out in the 2003-2013 era. I think I'm a 'member' at something like 50+ forums. The amount of emails I get on my birthday is crazy. Half of the forums I have forgotten about.

I still come to this one more than any though.

Overall, I think the photobucket debacle is going to reduce traffic at MANY forums. The tons of photo tutorials, articles, and write-ups that are ruined now is mind boggling.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

The nature of the forum over the last few years has evolved to the point, that a small band of guys, were so used to bashing and insulting people, it became "normal" in their minds.

It was normal to be snippy, to be rude, to call people trolls and names, and to openly suggest people are jerks, or need to be banned, or post dozen's of random silly pictures or silly comments.

Thing is, it was NOT the new people complaining, but the silent majority that have been here a while, and that were sick of the antics of several guys, but neither said much about it openly, nor participated in many posts due to the degradation of the forum gradually.

Sorry, but a forum will not run, on 2 dozen guys calling people names, and making snippy remarks.

You guys lost many members gradually, or lost them having interest in posting, by trying to make this your personal social club that has no need for anyone that disagrees or is new.

Surprised no one saw this coming, and it takes someone to explain it.

There is no "US and THEM", here, it is simply random people posting on a manufacturers forum.

When some of you guys tried to make it your personal "Old boys social club".......things were beginning to end.

Bash me all you want, but it was not Me or 2 or 3 Fairly new members that changed anything here, it was DOZEN'S of older members that were tired of years of bashing and rudeness and were sick of the way the forum was becoming.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2017
    You mean all those long time members you constantly PM trying to get them to rally behind you complaining about other long time members? Your perspective here has always seemed a bit off. For example, you've only been here for a little over a year, yet indicate in your comment that it's been much longer.
    The nature of the forum over the last few years has evolved to the point, that a small band of guys, were so used to bashing and insulting people, it became "normal" in their minds.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    the parties real now :*
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited August 2017
    Nevermind.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • K_M
    F1nut wrote: »
    You mean all those long time members you constantly PM trying to get them to rally behind you complaining about other long time members? Your perspective here has always seemed a bit off. For example, you've only been here for a little over a year, yet indicate in your comment that it's been much longer.

No, I mean all the longer term members,(who shall remain nameless out of courtesy) that seem to be tolerant of certain behavours in the forum, but outside public forum postings, sing a different tune.

I know we have all moved past that phase, hopefully, and it is mostly water under the bridge.

• K_M
    polrbehr wrote: »
    You mean all those long time members you constantly PM trying to get them to rally behind you complaining about other long time members? Your perspective here has always seemed a bit off.

Now, now; there is no "Us & Them" here --- unless you're listening to DSOTM, of course.

Clever, clever clever!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    K_M wrote: »
    I know we have all moved past that phase, hopefully, and it is mostly water under the bridge.
    Damn Kelly, we did until you brought it all back up again lol
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711

No, I mean all the longer term members,(who shall remain nameless out of courtesy) that seem to be tolerant of certain behavours in the forum, but outside public forum postings, sing a different tune.

You're funny.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640

You're delusional.

Fixed it for you Jess.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited August 2017
    Problems are typically rooted in the idea that some people can simply state their opinion on something, while others INSIST you adopt their opinion. I've seen this play out many times. Sometimes it's veteran forum members, some times it's the new hot shot who thinks nobody can possibly know as much about audio as they do. Wear the shoe where appropriate.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • I like wearing women's underwear.

Well, I like you to like wearing women's underwear. :)
    ...... wow, this diversity stuff really kind of grows on you !
    It was normal to be snippy, to be rude, to call people trolls and names, and to openly suggest people are jerks, or need to be banned, or post dozen's of random silly pictures or silly comments.

Dang, it pretty much sounds like you're describing the situation here at the Ponderosa ! To be completely thorough, though, you might want to add "Scurrilous-savages-who-steal-Grandpa's-Cheese Puffs-whenever-he-takes-a-well-deserved-nap".
    You add that and .... Hammer, Nail, Head.

But I suppose that you kind of may have a point. It may be possible that my implication that Zltful's cat was impudent and churlish was uncalled for.
    But you have to admit, that cat is definitely spoiled which studies have shown leads to impudent-ness and churlish-ness. You can look that up !

Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I like wearing women's underwear.

I KNEW IT, DANG IT !! LOL
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    tonyb wrote: »

I KNEW IT, DANG IT !! LOL

I also had my suspicion's
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Splains alot. But fear not i don't think any less of you.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569

Who doesn't?? B)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited August 2017
    Who doesn't?? B)

Hi Mike!

Never forget the first time I saw that....lol Loved that show.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    tonyb wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

Thing is, it was NOT the new people complaining, but the silent majority that have been here a while, and that were sick of the antics of several guys, but neither said much about it openly, nor participated in many posts due to the degradation of the forum gradually.

Sorry, but a forum will not run, on 2 dozen guys calling people names, and making snippy remarks.

You guys lost many members gradually, or lost them having interest in posting, by trying to make this your personal social club that has no need for anyone that disagrees or is new.

Surprised no one saw this coming, and it takes someone to explain it.

There is no "US and THEM", here, it is simply random people posting on a manufacturers forum.

When some of you guys tried to make it your personal "Old boys social club".......things were beginning to end.

Bash me all you want, but it was not Me or 2 or 3 Fairly new members that changed anything here, it was DOZEN'S of older members that were tired of years of bashing and rudeness and were sick of the way the forum was becoming.

You don't know when to quit do you.

In a word - no.

Probably been waiting a while to find a comment to use try to stir as usual.

How many positive posts have been made by KM??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus