This place is dead

Comments

• It isn't dead.......it's just the way they want it to be. Low maintenance, quiet, slowly becoming a non issue so that when the traffic numbers prove that they don't need the forum anymore, the plug pull is painless and silent...... its easy to run a company when you never here anything bad from anyone.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    afterburnt wrote: »
    A forum is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of socializing and communicating diverse thoughts and opinions. A forum will continue to exist up until the time that impotent malcontents discover that they can vote themselves power from the mods. From that moment on, the these few jerks, that are powerless in the real world always push for the mods to protect their delicate sensiblilties from mean people that differ with them and to impose their narcissistic standards on the majority, with the result that every forum will finally collapse over pandering to these special snowflakes, (which is) always followed by a moderator dictatorship.

Stick a fork in it. The last one out hit the lights.

Agreed.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I think a forum tied to an online retailer of gear which revolves around all the knowledge and passion which has built this forum may be the way to go. I would also like to see more exposure to all types of music, especially new music....almost a place for music lovers and audio gear lovers to connect. Nothing too mainstream like all the crap you here on radio, but serious music reviews and history. I have been kicking around this idea for awhile....I think you could get smaller music labels and smaller gear manufacturers to advertise. I know a bit about web design and a good amount about music....as many of you do. I need a creative outlet aside from my corporate drudgery....and I have a few friends out west who are good with graphics and design. Who's with me on this....

If you build it, they will come...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    A forum is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of socializing and communicating diverse thoughts and opinions. A forum will continue to exist up until the time that impotent malcontents discover that they can vote themselves power from the mods. From that moment on, the these few jerks, that are powerless in the real world always push for the mods to protect their delicate sensiblilties from mean people that differ with them and to impose their narcissistic standards on the majority, with the result that every forum will finally collapse over pandering to these special snowflakes, (which is) always followed by a moderator dictatorship.

Holy ****, Bruce Is sober, and made sense for once. Or maybe I'm not sober and that's why it made sense?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    kharp1 wrote: »

OK, check this out, see you're throwin' too many big words at me and because I don't understand them I'm going to take them as disrespect...so watch your mouth and help me with the sale.

$1 in pennies to anyone that knows the movie...

40 Year Old Virgin.

Pay up, sucker!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    daddyjt wrote: »
    When I first saw the movie "Demolition Man", I thought it was so hokey and over the top (yes, I know it's no cinematic masterpiece), but now the number of truly ridiculous "jokes" from that film that have come true is utterly staggering...

Exactly. The parallels are scary. "Salt is bad for you, hence illegal."

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Society has changed from "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one" to "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Holy ****, Bruce Is sober, and made sense for once. Or maybe I'm not sober and that's why it made sense?

Right....should almost be a sticky. Anyway....we've beat this discussion to death. Polk isn't interested in vintage SDA speakers, they make no money. New products are more to the portable crowd, which many audio enthusiasts avoid. Aside from 2 speaker series, nothing they carry or make interests me personally so I'm not a targeted consumer . The ones that are though, have lots of choices besides Polk, and when you see so many complaints about wireless products from Polk....we'll, I don't have to draw anyone a map do I ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    A map for some would be extremely helpful Tony.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    treitz3 wrote: »
    A map for some would be extremely helpful Tony.

Tom

Yea like they could read it......
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    halen wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

Ken, I agree with your post, but I don't think that is the issue. The real problem is Vanilla, and the heavy handed Taliban style moderation that has completely eliminated discussions and differences of opinion. That is what is driving people away, and keeping people from joining. Who cares about a forum where everything is the same and bland, which is the modern definition of Vanilla. Which is to bad, since I love French Vanilla ice cream. :)

I don't have any empirical evidence to truly blame Vanilla. Do you my friend? One of my small duties, spare time with nothing else to do... Is data mine traffic. One of ny favorites is the neural network mining concept.
    Anyhow...

Cheers my friend.

We have sticky threads in this version with links that give us this picture. That's alot of time and effort by members to help others. I enjoyed looking into the past discussions and all the research that was done.

• That I would nay fall but as dead
    Dead as I can by why' feet, d'ya ken?
    And the wind cried back...

Ahhhh..... Can't go wrong with the wisdom of Pink Floyd :)
    ....... early Pink Floyd that is.

Moose mentioned some names back there of some folks who have made huge contributions to the forum and, by extension, Polk. He certainly couldn't list them all but I would like to add the name of Gimpod (Tony). Gimpod boards ? 'Nuff said. ✔
    There are more names that could be mentioned, to be sure, that are pretty obvious to the most casual of observers that make huuuuge contributions to the Polk brand.
    Of course, some of us are satisfied that we haven't caused the complete collapse of Western Civilization. Which is a good thing too.

Sal Palooza
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    tonyb wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Right....should almost be a sticky. Anyway....we've beat this discussion to death. Polk isn't interested in vintage SDA speakers, they make no money. New products are more to the portable crowd, which many audio enthusiasts avoid. Aside from 2 speaker series, nothing they carry or make interests me personally so I'm not a targeted consumer . The ones that are though, have lots of choices besides Polk, and when you see so many complaints about wireless products from Polk....we'll, I don't have to draw anyone a map do I ?

I agree @tonyb

And to add to that...I don't understand how Polk can't see the marketing value in $$ of having a rabid fan base interested in their legacy products. I feel that would only add to the reputation of the brand.

Look at Klipsch bringing back new versions of all their legacy speakers. It appears as if they are actually celebrating their heritage.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Society has changed from "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one" to "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many."

Hard to overlook the logic of Mr. Spock...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Society has changed from "the needs of the individual outweigh the needs of the collective" to "the needs of the State outweigh the needs of any."
    fixed it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    steveinaz+afterburnt wrote: »
    Society has changed from "the needs of the individual outweigh the needs of the collective" to "the needs of the Deep State outweigh the needs of any."

fixed it for use.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Government is the new entitlement class. Spare no expense, doesn't matter if constituents are going broke they need to raise taxes and waste more. It's disgusting.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pitdogg2
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Society has changed from "the needs of the individual outweigh the needs of the collective" to "the needs of the State outweigh the needs of any."
    fixed it

Aint that the truth!
    I was recently at a large lake in Oklahoma & there was police officers patrolling the campsites on the water on HIGH $$$ jet ski's complete with LED emergency lights.
    Pretty sure the State could have survived, without the umpteen thousands they spent on those!

They confiscated some smucks house,plane, cars and cash I'm sure before he was found not guilty.

That crap happens all the time it's ridiculous and should be illegal. Some poor sap was traveling through Illinois with a very large sum of money. In the millions if memory serves me right. He was pulled over for improper lane usage. He let them search the car. They found the cash so they let a dog sniff it and arrested him. They story was it had drug residue on it. The police spent it all up buying all kinds of goodies. Dude sued them for his money back. They laughed !! When it went to court they asked the judge and prosecuting attorney to empty their pockets of cash. Guess what the dog keyed off on their cash for drugs. Dudes attorney asked that they be arrested and all their belongings confiscated like they did his as it was only fair right. Illinois now owes the dude millions of dollars.
  • [Deleted User]
    Nothing but the dead and dying.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Over? OVER?
    NOTHING IS OVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    This place is dead
    Wake me for the resurrection... yawn.....zzzzzzzzz....
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    fixed it

Aint that the truth!
    I was recently at a large lake in Oklahoma & there was police officers patrolling the campsites on the water on HIGH $$$ jet ski's complete with LED emergency lights.
    Pretty sure the State could have survived, without the umpteen thousands they spent on those!

Eufala or Texoma?
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2017
    No different here in Illinois Paul
  • [Deleted User]
    Imagine my shock when my dad told me that we have to pay for house heat!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    halen wrote: »
    fixed it

Aint that the truth!

Eufala or Texoma?

Tenkiller.

State of Arkansas:
    WHAT A SCAM!
    THANKS Governer Bill Clinton!
    Say you buy a new vehicle...
    If its over $2500 every single person that buys that vehicle will pay taxes on it over & over again.
    Then the Personal property taxes...
    Arkansas charges you every year for owning it!
    Then you have to buy tags on top of that every year.
    Plus mandatory Insurance.

Checkout Turner Falls. Rock on man.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2017
    Imagine my shock when my dad told me that we have to pay for house heat!

I don't pay for house heat "City Slicker".
    I cut my own heat. Hehe
    No taxes on that!

And it heats twice at that.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills