Amp and Pre vs Integrated

2»

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    ^^^ interesting as I would have guessed the Mirages are harder to drive and like power.

My M-1s were a bit harder to drive but 160 watts from the Halo will drive most any speaker BUT its more about the synergy between ALL and I have stumbled upon this nirvana once before and tried to improve upon it failing each time......started all over and very happy with end result...actually listening to music more than watching the tube...disconnect the sub.........and can listen for hours and hours without fatigue
    This is a good thing
    there are some great tube amps out there that will drive the M-3si to as loud as you like....

SO my vote stays with the int amp.............based upon my own experience....and that's the beauty of this board there are no right or wrong opinions especially in the world of audio...if it sounds good to you. STOP listen and enjoy...................
  • ^^I guarantee this integrated is putting out much more than the advertised 160 watts. Besides, amps are more important to me and this has plenty.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.