5 GHz over 2.4 GHz

My Verizon/Frontier router took a dump on me about 2 weeks ago. Called up customer service to have a new one sent out (that fiasco is another topic of discussion) After I went to one of the local service center to ask a tech to come out to give me a new router I make a few adjustments to my setup. Just like many of you, the growing list of wifi devices in my home is growing faster than the stockmarket. last count I have close to 30 wireless devices in my home. With the number of laptops, tablets, cell phones, security cameras, amazon sticks and others I knew I needed to make some changes. Most routers can transmit dual signals now, so I decided to use mine to its full potential, I have placed every device that supports 5 G on that signal to relieve the strain on the 2 G. If you know much about wifi you know that current routers don't send out a strong 5 G signal (distance wise) compared to the 2 G. I still have about 20 devise on the 2 G due to compatibility, but I double the amount of devices that use the 5 G. Now for the unintentional bonus, I replaced the old 2 G adapter on the music server in the garage with a 5 G one and the depth and soundstage has increased to my surprised. Even though my squeezebox Touches only support 2 G the availability of the extra bandwidth coming from the server allows more of the tracks info to come through. I know a few in here still use squeezeboxes, and the preferred method of connection will always be hardwiring, but unless your home was built with cat cabling installed with every outlet in the home then your most likely using wifi to stream.

From a price point this small and simple upgrade ($6.00 online for 5G adapter) could be one of those links in the chain of getting better sound out of your system. I am not sure of the capabilities of the Sonos system as far as wifi connection, but I am sure this could be an asset to any streaming setup.
Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX

Comments

• Please delete this post
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX