GUNS-N-ROSES Wednesday Night..

Was one of my favorites back in the day, and I never had the chance to see them, hoping for a good show.. B)

I just won't be on the Night Train headed to Paradise City with My Michelle, like I would have been back in the day, if I did I would be Knocking on Heavens Door...

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    it has been getting some good reviews and slash hasn't killed Axl YET
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Played here outdoors last night with Deftones opening for them. Bro I work with paid $180 per ticket in January . According to him Both bands sound quality sucked so much he could not make out what song they were playing half the time. He goes to a lot of concerts so I trust his input. Last week he saw Roger Waters here and said it was amazing. I wish you luck. Maybe it was just the outdoor venue that sucked up the good sound? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Played here outdoors last night with Deftones opening for them. Bro I work with paid $180 per ticket in January . According to him Both bands sound quality sucked so much he could not make out what song they were playing half the time. He goes to a lot of concerts so I trust his input. Last week he saw Roger Waters here and said it was amazing. I wish you luck. Maybe it was just the outdoor venue that sucked up the good sound? Peace. D

• I loved gnr back in high school but man Axel lost his talent. Those of you with amazon prime video, there is a gnr concert on there. Check it out you'll see what I mean.

That said I would still go see them, but wouldn't spend much money.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    Guns n Roses gave it their all, they played for three hours, and rocked the house.. Axl was a class act (believe it or not) his voice isn't what it used to be obviously, with age, and they way he sings anyways has taken a toll on him, but the man was very passionate and gave it his all to put on a stellar show..

The band as a whole was very tight, Slash is just a guitar god...

Some stand outs outside their catalog:

Slash playing Pink Floyd Wish you were here
    Sound Gardens Blackhole Sun
    AC/DC Whole Lotta Rosie one of my favs of the night.
    The Who The Seeker
    Misfits Attitude

They played 35 songs, and ended the show with a kick **** firework show..

IMO money well spent.. do I wish Axl's voice was better at times? Of course..

My guess is Angus Young has played a huge part in the change in Axl's life...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Glad to hear Larry sounds like you had an awesome time.... Hope you do not feel to crappy today we old timers need our sleep o:)