I like Tidal but

13»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited July 2017
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Boy you are touchy. I didn't imply anything, it was an Interrogative. See the question mark?

Whether you meant it maliciously or not you did imply that everyone that subscribes to Tidal has no principals.

To be clear, I don't think you meant it like it came off.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    tonyb wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    If you only supported businesses that had 100% morally just CEOs and employees you would be sewing your own clothes, growing your own crops, raising your own livestock, and you certainly wouldn't be able to see gasoline again.

I am not going to pretend that I know anything 100% ok?

I'm not following you I think.

There are people you do business with that have done worse things, by far, than Jayz or Madonna is all I'm saying.

This is true, but a lot of the things you mentioned are necessities of life, streaming music isn't.

Its not a fair comparison, I know. It is possible to live doing all those things though, your principals and morals go out the window once it's something that would require daily work? I was just trying to make a point.

I'm not trying to get anyone wound up though so I'll just agree to disagree.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Boy you are touchy. I didn't imply anything, it was an Interrogative. See the question mark?

Whether you meant it maliciously or not you did imply that everyone that subscribes to Tidal has no principals.

To be clear, I don't think you meant it like it came off.

Mike I said it was cool and made a declarative statement regarding my principals. If someone disagrees with me that does not imply that they have no principals. Their principals are simply different than mine. Anyway it wasn't like I was typing in all caps.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    It's all good. I'll admit that I took it the wrong way. I have a thick skin like an Elephant but I do not like it when even family members question my purchase habits. It's my money and I can spend it as I please. I didn't get to where I am at in my audio journey getting other people's opinions on how I spend my money.

With that said, like water off a duck's back. My apologies Bruce. It appears as if I read into your statements incorrectly. For that, I do offer my apologies. Having never met you or knowing how you are, I took what you said as an insult. My bad. I just woke up to read this before my morning coffee and snapped back.

If you are good, I'm good and we can get back to the discussion at hand.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    Tom , I must say that I was quite shocked at your reaction, I am really quite a charming sob and don't usually elicit such a reaction. I was deeply wounded but then I thought "aw shucks I probably deserved it".
  • afterburnt
    I still strugle with my decision to buy an iPad to satisfy my wicked hedonistic desires. Ritual self flagellation for months has not brough me any peace of mind as of yet. Lord what have I done?
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Use, repent, repeat.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Y'all know....me whining about another monthly subscription is just how I begin the rationalization process. I think I'm in, especially since I am giving my Squezzebox touch to my Middle son. So....what do you all recommend as far as a streamer which can be run off an iPad? I have a decent DAC already...any suggestions on a streamer around 500ish price range?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Bluesound Node2

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Tidal seems pretty good to me, HIFI subscription for 11.99 isn't too bad. Still doing a lot of browsing and playlist building.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Tidal seems pretty good to me, HIFI subscription for 11.99 isn't too bad. Still doing a lot of browsing and playlist building.

What's going on rob? Hope everything is okay.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • seabeerob213
    edited August 2017
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What's going on rob? Hope everything is okay.

All is good, just a lot busier with work after a couple promotions, and I tend to have a little less free time. I'm most lively at night, and being stateside that when everyone here is offline generally. Overseas, I was free when y'all were online. But all is good, relatively speaking. And I bought more polks last weekend. Can't wait to use them, but may be a while.
    Although if you look at what I've been using for music, you may disagree that I'm ok.ifliiwrb5k6q.jpg
    Post edited by seabeerob213 on
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    edited August 2017
    pacngjxe6dys.jpeg
    These are the speakers I just picked up btw
    Post edited by seabeerob213 on
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Skip, the mini OOP? Dang! I thought it was doing good for them.?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    If you have the latest firmware update, your Oppo BDP-10x has Tidal. Just sayin'.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »
    The Aries Mini is the best $500 unit on the market. Unfortunately they are currently out of production so if you can find one new, jump on it. The OOP is temporary.

If I had known, I would have bought a backup unit.

Oh, I had a month more of Tidal that I flat out forgot about.
  • afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »
    The Aries Mini is the best $500 unit on the market. Unfortunately they are currently out of production so if you can find one new, jump on it. The OOP is temporary.

If I had known, I would have bought a backup unit.

Oh, I had a month more of Tidal that I flat out forgot about.

I forgot about it for three months, so I paid for my free trial. I asked them for my money back and they told me to get bent.