ht projector audio

so I have a optoma ht projector coming for my little media room. The only audio output is a single 3.5mm. Do I just use a 3.5 to rca to go to my stereo receiver for sound?

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Yes, or you could do like I did and get an HDMI audio splitter and send the audio via Toslink to your DAC or receiver. In my case, I'm using an office projector with xvga input and my splitter converts to a VGA output.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2017
    The projector is usually used for the video/visual portion only as it doesn't have the ability to pass on the audio other than through the 3.5 audio output. The normal chain used is from the source (DVD/Cable/Satellite box) to receiver that can handle the audio and video switching with HDMI and then on to the projector with the video only portion.

HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable