Silver is bright right?

So do yooz think that lets say some silver ICS could liven up my Slim 707's?

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    afterburnt wrote: »
    So do yooz think that lets say some silver ICS could liven up my Slim 707's?

Yes and no, what IC's are you using now ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited July 2017
    Ron, I. Just messing around with a few bucks, no big investments. What did you see?

Tony, BJC LC-1's
    DSkip wrote: »
    You aren't going to get that usher top end out of the lsim no matter what you do.

Sure I can, I. Could buy your Be-10's
    Derek why must you urinate on my dreams?
    And you have PM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    A former member who passed away a few yrs ago.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You aren't going to get that usher top end out of the lsim no matter what you do.

So, no Ushers for me as I prefer a natural sounding top end.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    It seems Polk considers the LSiM to have an extended top end.
    Ring Radiator Tweeters

Built for ultra high performance, it boasts advanced power handling, extended dynamic range, better dispersion and extended top-end response. Get ready for incredible details and realistic imaging in everything you listen to.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited July 2017
    Silver has different responses to different rigs. Not only that, it has different responses to different applications within one's rig.

Case in point - Many others and I have always warned against and spoken experiences against silver in the signal path (except silver solder). Recently, we had a thread where those same heavy hitters on the forum actually spoke highly on the benefits of silver in the signal path.

Who knew?

I cannot speak from experience as to whether or not they will add sizzle or extension to your beloved 707's because I don't know what you have and how you have it hooked up. If it's a silver based IC you are looking to get? I would say yes but it may be too much for the application.

Tell you what. Help us to help you. What rig do you have (be specific) and what application are you interested in applying said silver based cable?

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    edited July 2017
    Tom, it's the parlor system in my sig: 103D P5 A31 707
  • treitz3
    Where are you planning on applying said silver based cable AB?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ring Radiator Tweeters

Built for ultra high performance, it boasts advanced power handling, extended dynamic range, better dispersion and extended top-end response. Get ready for incredible details and realistic imaging in everything you listen to.

I would say it could be considered extended, but came off as dry and a bit congested.
  • F1nut
    Ring Radiator Tweeters

...and you consider yourself to be a people person. Or am I wrong? >:)

WTF are you talking about? We're talking speakers here.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Ring Radiator Tweeters

I would say it could be considered extended, but came off as dry and a bit congested.

Must have been the upstream components.

President of Club Polk

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Ring Radiator Tweeters

Must have been the upstream components.

Its definitely possible, but ive heard a more, well rounded high end from a couple of bookies on the same equipment. The new ring radiator isnt bad by any means and does a lot of things well.
  • afterburnt
    edited July 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    A former member who passed away a few yrs ago.

Oh I. Am sorry
  • afterburnt
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

ICS although I did look at silver jumpers at one time.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

Tom

ICS although I did look at silver jumpers at one time.

I may be wrong but i think Tom meant where at in the stream. Pre to amp or cd to pre
  • afterburnt
    Oh, I was thinking CD to pre
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    FYI imho the LSiM 707 don't even sound like the same family as the 705s
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    FYI imho the LSiM 707 don't even sound like the same family as the 705s

I did order the 705 but got 707's
  • afterburnt
    Oh, I was thinking CD to pre

More accurately Oppo analog out to pre
  • Abadodo
    Abadodo Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Oooooh a Hello Kitty boombox :-)
  • afterburnt
    Abadodo wrote: »
    Oooooh a Hello Kitty boombox :-)

NIB
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Signature model?
  • treitz3
    To answer your question Afterburnt? Yes. It shouldn't be too bright unless at ear shattering levels.

Tom
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'm surprised the Oppo isn't bright enough for you by itself, honestly.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    To answer your question Afterburnt? Yes. It shouldn't be too bright unless at ear shattering levels.

Tom

Well I will see in a few days if it helps my speaker sound less lazy.
  • afterburnt
    Nightfall wrote: »

It helps but it's not "there"
  • afterburnt
    Ring Radiator Tweeters

...and you consider yourself to be a people person. Or am I wrong? >:)

WTF are you talking about? We're talking speakers here.

Sorry the sarcasm/joke missed. Everyone claims their speakers are extended. The point is these two have different sonic signatures and the LSiM will never sound like Usher. If he, or anyone, is wanting that, it simply won't happen. Trying to get any speaker to sound like another simply won't happen.

If that isn't what Bruce is after, then we can look at other options. I think I know where his head is at, though I could be wrong.

You know where I am going but I don't expect to get em to sound like Ushers, I just want them to quit sounding so damned lazy. Trying to give em that, how do the French say "I don't know what".
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Nightfall wrote: »

I used an oppo 105 with my lsim 705 and it was anything but bright. Boring would be the best word to use.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.