PSW110 = mostly distortion/static, occasional bass

I have a PSW110 that I'm trying to get working.

If I crank the volume and crossover to max, I can get a quietish, staticky-distorted bass. Occasionally actually bass will pop in (very loud) but then it goes out after a second and back to the staticky distorted sounds.

This happens regardless of whether I uses the speaker in connection or the RCA in connection.

Is this subwoofer shot? Fixable?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. From your description I would say that the 10" woofer is blown and would have to be replaced. You can test the woofer by removing it from the enclosure, unplug the two attached wires and at a very low volume touch your receiver's speaker wires to the two terminals. If you hear the same sort of distortion then the woofer is damaged. Avoid the temptation of increasing the receiver's volume beyond a very low setting.
    If you are the original owner and the sub was purchased from an authorized dealer less than five years ago it should be covered under Polk's warranty. If this is the case you would want to contact Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the unit's serial number and a copy of the sales receipt handy when calling. If the warranty isn't in place call the same number but select option 2 and they will sell you a new woofer.
    Regards, Ken