DSW Pro 660

Options
Hi and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, a couple weeks ago my DSW 660 subwoofer stopped working , after contacting the amazing people at polk audio CS they sent me a new amp. and when I pulled my old amp out I immediately saw what the problem was.check the pictures below and any advice of what might happened and what to do to prevent this in the future would be much appreciated.

bcqn5ivnriab.jpg

1br7df378f5q.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    It done blew up......

Hard to tell, but stuff happens and it's highly likely it had nothing to do with you.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    agree^^^^
    That looks like a malfunction or possibly a lightning strike
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • max290
    max290 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you guys , I wasn't really sure about what has happened and if it is something that can be avoided.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had an outdoor GFCI receptacle that looks just like that. Practically burned up inside the box, no reason for it either; it was properly mounted in a weatherproof enclosure and it didn't even have anything plugged into it when it happened. If it wasn't for the strong odor it gave off, I wouldn't have even known anything was wrong.
    Just chalked it up to stuff happens I guess, but lucky my house didn't catch fire.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/